Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @230.52
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 770.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~ Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Computer Land
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology
| | |-+  USB Sticks


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed
Poll
Question: Do you perfer to use a USB stick that matches the size of your files?
I do!
I do not!
This is a silly issue to have!

Author Topic: USB Sticks  (Read 9901 times)
Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #30 on: Winter, 10 Feb 2026 @471 » Toggle Font Embed

I think I'm just going to order a 10 pack and write all a different OS/distribution to each one, since I'm going thru so many machines and trying different software on each one

I did this, once. Now I keep finding bootable pendrives around the place with horribly-outdated operating systems on them!

Nowadays I just keep ISOs on my NAS and burn them on-demand.

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
TeaInTheMorning
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


she/they
⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #31 on: Winter, 11 Feb 2026 @936 » Embed


I am a fan of my computer stuff fitting it's job! I don't like how massive some of my storage on usb's are.
I don't often use usb's long enough to care, but I deffo feel you when I apply this to sd cards! My camera has way too much storage!!!!

And on a similar note, my phone is much too powerful for what it is! (won't dig into that here ofc!

Logged
kringle
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


barkbarkbark
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Still HungryClownWan wan!frog bearYou Gotta Believe!tool (for helping others)
« Reply #32 on: Winter, 12 Feb 2026 @315 » Toggle Font Embed

oh this is so interesting, in my day to day life usually the only computer i'm around is my own so i've never thought to utilize usb drives.

i think the only one i haven't lost from college i turned into a linux mint boot drive, otherwise everything i have gets backed up on this big fat lacie 1tb drive. i'm really good at losing stuff. so what i do have needs to be BIG and REALLY EASY TO SEE  :dog:

having a thumbdrive with the portable version of photoshop cs6 would be nice though, that way i wouldn't have to actually install it on any laptops i need to do quick art edits on.

Logged

https://kringle-c.neocities.org/13420134_2a89e.gif

Artifact Swap: Sailor MoonSleepyMinicraftsagittariusleoarieslil calSlayer
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe