Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @617.57
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 383.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :seal: Thank you for today! :seal: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Do onions make you cry?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Poll
Question: Do they??
Yes the do ;-;   -12 (66.7%)
No they don't :^0   -6 (33.3%)
Total Members Voted: 18

Author Topic: Do onions make you cry?  (Read 2073 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« on: Winter, 20 Feb 2026 @770 » Toggle Font Embed







https://www.pngmart.com/files/16/Onion-Transparent-Background.png










When I was little onions used to make my cry, but now they don't; I assumed they had just invented new onions that don't do that anymore, but apparently it's just me, and I'm unable to empathize with onions  :omg:

« Last Edit: Winter, 20 Feb 2026 @774 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
its-pepper
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: pepper_the_creater

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 20 Feb 2026 @790 » Toggle Font Embed

I LOVE ONIONS !!!!!
it might be because you got used to them. i eat them pretty much everyday and i very rarely encounter a tear-inducing onion.
putting your head into a pot full of simmering onions is a different story tho >_<

Logged


https://peppers-wasteland.neocities.org/images/buttons/button.png

Artifact Swap: Smeef
littlelum
Full Member
***
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 21 Feb 2026 @178 » Embed

I work at Subway, and when onions are cut, it's usually about 30-50 of them at the same time. I don't know the right number since that is swing shift's job, and I'm morning shift. The combined effect is incredibly strong, but somehow, I still don't cry, I just get irritated.

Logged
deadkraker
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


he/him
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
fulltime mona fanfucked up creatureJoined 2026!
« Reply #3 on: Winter, 21 Feb 2026 @469 » Embed

when i was little my mom wore swimming goggles when cutting onions to avoid tearing up lmao

Logged

|
|\_∧
|´∀`)send me your mona/shii AA art
|  /
|< /
|/
|
Dan Q
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


I have no idea what I am doing
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Dan Q Cruisin'I DIDN'T meet Dan Q on Melonland!Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!
« Reply #4 on: Winter, 21 Feb 2026 @515 » Toggle Font Embed

OMG cutting onions absolutely destroys me! Floods of tears every time. Especially if it's those big Spanish-style yellow or brown onions.

Here's a tip I learned that helps a little, and is less-extreme than swimming goggles (which I've also tried!). Soak your cheeks in warm water before you start. The irritation caused to your eyes by onions starts when the vapours dissolve in the moisture in your eyes. Giving it something else to dissolve in "on the way" to your eyes means that less of it reaches your peepers. It doesn't completely solve the problem, but it makes it much more-bearable!

Logged

https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-lighter.gif https://danq.me/_q26t/badges/dan-q-88x31-peekaboo-scroller.gif https://beige-buttons.danq.dev/beige-buttons-88x31.gif https://embed-html.danq.dev/embed-html-88x31.gif

Artifact Swap: PolyamorousI met Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
pupok999
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #5 on: Winter, 21 Feb 2026 @532 » Embed

Nah, i really like to eat them with bread. They're just so crunchy

Logged

https://files.catbox.moe/4w1f5v.pnghttps://files.catbox.moe/rtall0.gifv

Artifact Swap: Slow CreatureRuby
Eunice
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Behind every great woman there is a cat.
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: Winter, 21 Feb 2026 @671 » Embed

Ever since I managed to slice the tip of my thumb with a very sharp knife while cutting onions, I've bought ready chopped, frozen ones. Much safer and less likely to add my own blood to dinner!

Logged
KiwiMeowo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


Meow
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: kiwimeowo
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #7 on: Winter, 24 Feb 2026 @375 » Embed

Back when me and my sister was making corn soup (which contains onions), we have to cut up some onions. We didn't cry... but my eyes hurt like crazy, it was like on fire! I don't really remember if my eyes ever gotten wet when it gets irritated, not sure why my eyes doesn't do it.

Logged

https://kiwimeowo.neocities.org/art/cook.png
Meow :3

https://kiwimeowo.neocities.org/button/button.png
AY38910
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Chips in England usually go with fish FYI
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: AY38910

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2025!
« Reply #8 on: Winter, 25 Feb 2026 @309 » Embed

Oh my god, I have to wear swimming goggles whenever someone cuts onions...

Logged

This post contains Totally™ no viruses (trust me bro)

http://www.am-i-dumb.com/images/stamps/7-1.gif
The Dumb Test
goatsarecute
Newbie
*
View Profile


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #9 on: Winter, 28 Feb 2026 @607 » Embed

Onions make me cry every time.
My top tip is stick then in the fridge/freezer for a bit before I chop them to freeze the cry chemicals.
I also have a wet cloth nearby and rinse my chopping board and knife straight after chopping.

Logged
lakes
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #10 on: Winter, 28 Feb 2026 @682 » Embed

i usually don't cry with onions
however there were a couple of times where i had to cut into a whole fresh onion and cried
it really does irritate your eyes

Logged

https://i.ibb.co/gbj9yhcZ/userbar-1.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/C3KKzjyx/Computeruser.png
https://i.ibb.co/zhKYtXts/Librebar-X.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/b5mC7H6H/DVDUser.png
https://i.ibb.co/GfCkM0g1/soulseekuserbar.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/0jRYyw7R/Trash-User.png
https://i.ibb.co/gLNfFjqc/098.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/QjqVW8xT/xfceuserbar.png
dotmidi
Hero Member
*****
View Profile WWWArt


manly men can doll, too!
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Happy ShoesGift of CubesealVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!ビートルさんPolyamorousMooshroom Spawn Egg
« Reply #11 on: Spring, 04 Mar 2026 @037 » Toggle Font Embed

Onions don't make me cry, I make the onions cry.  :skull:

« Last Edit: Spring, 04 Mar 2026 @040 by dotmidi » Logged


Artifact Swap: DazzlerOrange Tulip
Commodorn
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Major Daikon
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: miffedbastard

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Glove World balloonFlinstone VitaminT'hy'laGreat Posts PacmanParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!
« Reply #12 on: Spring, 04 Mar 2026 @043 » Toggle Font Embed

Nothing brings be pain more than a cut onion. I try to use garlic instead whenever I can, since I normally have to lay on the floor to gain back my strength a few times before I finish cutting them-- patting my eyes with a wet paper towel tends to help, but it only does so much..

Logged

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
https://i.ibb.co/ZGcCNRH/fuckingtechnology.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/LQxWzJn/GUNSTREK.gif

Artifact Swap: Brick MailGlitter MailTerletI met Dan Q on Melonland!Plankton
koiitan
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: koiitan
iMood: koiitan

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #13 on: Spring, 04 Mar 2026 @841 » Toggle Font Embed

Every time!!! I'm wearing glasses and my silly brain thinks that my eyes are protected, that I won't cry for sure. Unfortunately it does nothing. :tnt:

But still I like onions so much. Well I don't like their texture, I would say I even hate it, but red onion is one of my favourite vegetables, it tastes so perfect on pizza, sandwich, toast etc. I can't help but put her in almost every dish.  :chef: 

Logged

https://dragcave.net/image/5hNs6.gif https://dragcave.net/image/6Wzuz.gif https://dragcave.net/image/F0vXw.gif https://dragcave.net/image/BcEp6.gif https://pfq.link/?J6VSfM=platform.png https://pfq.link/?J6VSWR=platform.pnghttps://finaloutpost.net/s/3MsFL.png https://finaloutpost.net/s/4augD.png https://finaloutpost.net/s/ybkcJ.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe