Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @994.51
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's the silly things you'll remember :trash: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Nekoweb vs Neocities or.... both? Are we moving? Mirroring?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print Embed
Author Topic: Nekoweb vs Neocities or.... both? Are we moving? Mirroring?  (Read 12128 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #45 on: Spring, 17 Apr 2026 @975 » Toggle Font Embed

fix things that paying customers have complained about for years
I think you have a very different perspective on what paying for NC means. I've never paid for Neocities as a service the way a person might pay for Netflix. I do get some extra features that I make good use of as a supporter, and I see paying as a kind of verification layer to prove my site is not a spam bot or malicious.

However, I pay for Neocities because its providing tens of thousands of people with free homepages. I'm paying for those people to have homepages, and have them on a host that at least in some format I believe will survive for 20-200 years or more.

Neocities has never been a good deal for a price savvy and technical webcrafter looking for personal hosting, its always been slow and the main site has always been buggy, but that's never been the point.

I am of course a bit defensive of NC, and there are a few areas I'd like to see improvement, but there is no other host on earth that would have inspired me to make my site, or to keep it up the way NC has.

I just don't think NC owes me anything more than that, and I don't want to see people scared away from getting that out of it because they have been told its faults are worth more than its promise.

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: Have a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
lakes
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #46 on: Spring, 21 Apr 2026 @007 » Embed

Update: I switched web hosts again to a more obscure & private one.
I got an offer to use my friend's VPS for hosting, the same XMPP pal who offered for me to sign up with their XMPP server when I was having trouble with my account.
I decided to take them up on their offer because I was tired of worrying about the Nekoweb storage limits.

Logged

https://i.ibb.co/gbj9yhcZ/userbar-1.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/C3KKzjyx/Computeruser.png
https://i.ibb.co/zhKYtXts/Librebar-X.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/b5mC7H6H/DVDUser.png
https://i.ibb.co/GfCkM0g1/soulseekuserbar.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/0jRYyw7R/Trash-User.png
https://i.ibb.co/gLNfFjqc/098.pnghttps://i.ibb.co/QjqVW8xT/xfceuserbar.png
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe