Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 10 Oct 2026 - @426.24
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :sleep: These are fast times on the World Wide Web~ Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Computer Land
| |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Software & Data
| | |-+  Retro-looking software for your projects!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Retro-looking software for your projects!  (Read 3173 times)
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« on: Spring, 10 Mar 2026 @041 » Embed

If you want to create something that looks like melonland with a 3d environment (like this) or a top down 2d environment and social features this post got you covered! They were in a text file, so figured I'd share to let more people know!


I'm hoping you find this list helpful! If you have any other examples of retro software or other kinds of materials feel free to post!

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.pnghttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/iblockads.gif

Artifact Swap: Green SpiffoJust CheeseCourage smiley
Furbisms
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


What's up party people?
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: furbisms
iMood: Furbisms
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Cherry Blossom PetalsPlush ToyビートルさんFairy CreatureDiamondcall me beep me
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 10 Mar 2026 @214 » Toggle Font Embed

Yes I always need more of these! Super helpful post, thank you. Especially the forum stuff, I've been thinking a lot about moving my forum to be self hosted and on a completely different software, something with a more low tech and retro feel, but I haven't had the time to comb thru millions of different softwares without a very clear image of what I want. These should be interesting to look into. I hope at the very least I can narrow down what I want somewhat more.

The vrml stuff is also cool. I really feel like VRML needs to come back in a big way, but I might be like, one of maybe 10 people who genuinely think that LOL. Oh well! Nice to see here anyway!  :transport:

Logged

https://dragcave.net/image/dq1uq.gifhttps://i.imgur.com/ni1ijVU.gifhttps://finaloutpost.net/s/piEqa.png

Artifact Swap: Phone FerretPhone OctopusPhone CardFrying Pan
SilkSkull
Hero Member
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: SilkSkull

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 10 Mar 2026 @299 » Toggle Font Embed

Omg huge thanks for this! I've been looking to start on a project I planned forever ago and this gives me a good place to start!

Logged

She/Her
Figuring out a new sig :P
https://web.archive.org/web/20090821100844im_/http://geocities.com/Athens/9334/water.gif
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 10 Mar 2026 @605 » Toggle Font Embed

Awesome list! A quick correction on the Webspaces tool: I didn't actually create it, but I did use it to make my interactive Journal Museum. It's a really neat tool though! And if you're hosting it locally AND you don't need the social features, you can forego the Github account. However, there is a chat function (which I ignored), and if you want to utilize that you'll definitely need the account.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
MrsMoe
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Deviantart Llama!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 10 Mar 2026 @658 » Embed

As someone who wants to make stuff that specifically looks old and retro, I owe you my life for this  :transport:

Logged

https://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0113-autism.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0021-vampirefangs.gifhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0182-halloweencathouse.gifhttps://i.postimg.cc/02L6smjc/ezgif-7-ebef155de1.gifhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/e53076104c8d22ed3d272d62cc8fccfa/88280e3f54890c11-c1/s250x400/aa5c1239ea59888acaa71ad26271790a794ccc5d.gifvhttps://blinkies.cafe/b/display/0138-greenglow.gif
https://i.ibb.co/Lzg2SZj/tumblr-5afbadec7c65089061ba8cfa48b57bc8-469c61aa-100.webphttps://tinyurl.com/yn2v726zhttps://tinyurl.com/39tjbzfmhttps://tinyurl.com/32x3t38jhttps://tinyurl.com/2ybkhmh5https://tinyurl.com/2ue7d945https://tinyurl.com/493hsx5phttps://tinyurl.com/ye28hzrphttps://64.media.tumblr.com/92ec86321325be8fac199fecef8fd7b0/tumblr_ptpl0x7U4o1y8ua8do1_100.gifv
Knotnu
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


Knotnu or not new
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #5 on: Spring, 02 May 2026 @539 » Embed

Awesome! I need to bookmark this just in case if I want my story to be very interactive.
Spoiler
Like this interactive button
[close]

Logged

https://knotnu.neocities.org/Main%20Page/KnotnuBanner.gif

Artifact Swap: I met Dan Q on Melonland!corge
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe