Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @197.31
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 803.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Computer Land
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology
| | |-+  vintage monitor ID/info?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: vintage monitor ID/info?  (Read 1955 times)
lycheecreature
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


collect my pages
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« on: Summer, 16 Aug 2026 @857 » Embed

recently acquired this old monitor  :pc: , and i'd like to find more info on it!

https://lycheecreature.neocities.org/ref/20260816_140342.jpg
https://lycheecreature.neocities.org/ref/20260816_140348.jpg
https://lycheecreature.neocities.org/ref/20260816_140415.jpg
https://lycheecreature.neocities.org/ref/20260816_135929.jpg
https://lycheecreature.neocities.org/ref/20260816_135937.jpg

the display is monochrome amber when turned on. closest match i've found while researching is the sanyo vm4509, but there are some obvious differences (branding and control layout on the backside). i would love to find a manual for it, tho probably unlikely

any insight is appreciated!

edit; found a single ebay listing for the same model but it didn't really have any new info

« Last Edit: Summer, 16 Aug 2026 @860 by lycheecreature » Logged
mrparker
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!lighthouse keeper artemisUserJoined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 18 Aug 2026 @017 » Embed

Upon looking into it, the logo on the device appears to be for a company called "Computer Associates" - they seem to have had a line of products from what I can find called "Computer Accessories" (Quite creative, the A in CA can both be Associates and Accessories). I can't find anything official, but that is what the logo is on the device.

It was an American software company, like a Salesforce or IBM - once large enough to compete with IBM in terms of sales and size (2nd in rank, IBM being first). I just know looking this up, and seeing other EBay listings with other accessories they have made.

The address on the device is a warehouse office warehouse in a city in California. The phone number upon searching it up along with computer accessories shows some (currently dead, might be a DDoS or something) Internet Archive links. I can't access the URLs currently but I suspect it could be some product brief or something based upon the cached excerpt in DuckDuckGo.

Edit:

Actually, I was wrong - the link now works and it was an inquiry someone sent asking about their products:


Here is an ebay listing with another product they made - specifically a "Power Director" (seems to be a fancy power strip with switches per plug) https://www.ebay.com/itm/266891033789

Wikipedia:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Associates

This was all collected within a few minutes, I could be wrong about some details - a deep dive is required to paint a clearer picture I think.

Edit 2:

Computer Accessories might be it's own company, actually - the name being very generic doesn't help at all. Good luck to anyone who decides to deep-dive this.

Edit 3:

I need to stop editing this - just know this information I provided could be wrong, but so far I am confident about the possibility of Computer Associates and Computer Accessories being two different companies.

« Last Edit: Summer, 18 Aug 2026 @035 by mrparker » Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe