Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @231.30
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  Writing tips and tricks?


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed
Author Topic: Writing tips and tricks?  (Read 3575 times)
warlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


the mind is so complex when yr based. 32 levels
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #15 on: Winter, 21 Feb 2025 @800 » Toggle Font Embed

I'm not sure if this will be much help, but I've found that I get a ton of inspiration from thinking about stories while doing other, less mentally engaging tasks. Something to physically distract you + some music is a great way to get your brain flowing, at least in my experience!

Also, it's probably one of the most common bits of advice, but writing can be whenever and whatever you want. If you're working on a story and you really want to write this one scene but you're not there yet, just write it! You can figure out its placement later, or maybe even totally change the way your story will progress so that you can have that scene. I think this is generally called "journey writing" or something to that effect, where you write until you find what the story should be, and then go back to revise it with the new ideas in mind.

Another small thing, but it's worth keeping some way to jot down notes in close proximity. I personally kept a notebook and pen with me whenever I would go biking, which ended up being how I drafted a significant chunk of a story!

Good luck, and enjoy your journey(s) with writing!  :cheerR:

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/b7YcWkU.gif
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe