Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 12 Oct 2026 - @984.98
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 16.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  What to do when programmer's block hits???


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: What to do when programmer's block hits???  (Read 2125 times)
DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


Currently listening: Stiff Little Fingers (band)
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: Autumn, 07 Nov 2022 @774 » Embed


After spending several months working to reform my website into something I was proud of, I realized once I was finished with it that I... still wasn't happy with how it looked.

I can't tell exactly what's wrong with it, but it just doesn't look like a proper website, and it's starting to frustrate me to the point that I've been having difficulties sitting down to mess with the code at all. Maybe I'm just not very creative. I don't know why it feels so flat compared to everybody else's beautiful creations...

Does anybody have suggestions to make for how I could improve? What kind of thing should I add/take away in order to make it look more complete? I feel like I'm missing a core aspect of what makes a personal website good, but I just can't put my finger on the pulse of the issue. Help! :ozwomp: :ozwomp:


Logged

https://cherri-bomb.neocities.org/melonland/deftones-logo.gif
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


the great
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sigmatic

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 07 Nov 2022 @781 » Toggle Font Embed

I have a really useful suggestion: take a break! Just let it be for now and come back to it later. I had the same thing with my site and got kind of tired working on it, but after I came back to it I found myself with both appreciation for what I had already done, and more ideas on how to proceed.

Logged

https://i.ibb.co/cQ4jGPp/chainsaw.png           
The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe