Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @540.54
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy: Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Earth & Interests
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  What is "love?"


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: What is "love?"  (Read 339 times)
Iceglobe_System
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


We live alongside each other, accidentally.
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Just So Hungry...Squishy Loveless Spectrum FlagSquishy Loveless flagComputer loves you!Joined 2026!
« on: Summer, 27 Aug 2026 @747 » Embed

(We're loveless, for context, but some of us are still curious!)

Logged

https://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/5b/MDP_E_137.pnghttps://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/40/MDP_E_233.pnghttps://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/4/4f/MDP_E_474.png

Artifact Swap: poochSquishy Loveless Spectrum FlagSquishy Loveless flag
red-night
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


synthetic and organic at the same damn time
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: red-night

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 27 Aug 2026 @868 » Toggle Font Embed

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more... (I'm sorry I couldn't pass up the opportunity)

As far as I understand it, it is a strong attachment and desire to care for another person in your life. It can vary in intensity and manifestation, but the main factors typically remain the same.
When you love someone, you think about them even when they're not with you, and you feel happy when they are with you. You want them to be happy and well-taken-care-of, and different people express that urge in different ways.
Love can be toxic if it's too one-sided or if two people have a very different definition of how to take care of one another.
The only love I've ever experienced as an aromantic person (i.e. a person with little to no romantic interest in others) has been familial and platonic, so if an alloromantic (a person who does develop romantic interest) person has a better definition, listen to them! But I hope this helps clear things up a bit!

Logged

The world seems so strange from up here...

Artifact Swap: hey! i'm working here!I met Dan Q on Melonland!maunch
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


Here be dragons
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 27 Aug 2026 @887 » Embed

@red-night Maternal and romantic love is identical when we only regard the organic processes involved in the brain, and I'm pretty sure it is the same for platonic love :). The main difference is what we - as free, thinking individuals make of the feeling. And this is where things get interesting, for there is a metaphysical concept of love that exceeds the empiric phenomenon - and I believe that it never means the same for two beings, but is still the only way two beings can ever find to each other within an utmost relative, and thus always subjective world. I'd argue that toxic love (for one-sided love can be non-toxic) is always a love that isn't directed towards the other, but really towards an image that isn't that of the other, but caused by the desires of the "loving" person.


Logged

oro_junestar
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


I'm the ghost, actually. But yeah, rockage.
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
artifact guystar cutieGreat Posts Pacman3d starJoined 2026!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 28 Aug 2026 @113 » Embed

Love is so broad, it's hard to narrow down. Here's how I'd define it:
'A warm, joyful feeling that arises from the thought of a particular subject.'

Typically, love is thought of as an attachment between people, whether it be romantic, sexual, platonic, or familial. However, I think the love that is felt towards concepts or objects is equally worth celebrating.

I love art. This love of art keeps me going in life and pretty much shapes who I am as a person.
I love the Earth. This love for the world and the nature it contains makes me want to protect it any way I can.

I guess love motivates pretty much everything we do.

Logged

Pac-Man! My readings suggest a nearby ghost to rescue! Either that, or I have spaghetti sauce on my monitor.

Artifact Swap: black n lilac yappin kittayblack n lime yappin kittaycuppa joe (#1 :3)Blue ham-ham rangerGay NeurodivergentWebsite WizardIchifactBugbooooCatCherryburgorLil ghost friendQurbysuck itPopsicleGaryLazy (part1)Lazy (part2)Villager Spawn Egg
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe