This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @378.77
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: Love is not possession  :4u: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☁︎ ∙ Web Spelunking (Links)
| | | |-+  show me your link directories!


« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed
Author Topic: show me your link directories!  (Read 8244 times)
Kallistero
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


SOON.
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: Autumn, 01 Sep 2023 @964 » Toggle Font Embed

Still a work in progress, but you can about see where I'm going with it by now.  :dive:

Every link on the page is just an independent site that I want to keep on there as a bookmark, usually because they're done by cool people, because they're unique, and/or because I'm getting inspiration from their page designs. I plan to put links to educational & asset resources on other pages, since my wider plan is to separate my site into several subspaces & have the links be more relevant there. I might also make them displayable on this links page through a script, but we'll see. Right now, it just makes more sense to leave this degree of creative energy for the indie sites, while things like W3Schools & MDN Web Docs get plain hyperlinks elsewhere.  :eyes:

I'm also not sure exactly what sort of motion I want to give to each link ball: if they should orbit or if they should fall from the sky or if they should behave like a physics simulation or something else. What I do know is that I want the portal to represent where you're going whenever you mouse over that link ball! I'm not sure how that'll look, either, but that play-by-ear method is sort of just how I've been developing the entire site, and I think the result has been nice so far.  :cheerR:



EDIT: It's in a completed state for now! Mousing over someone's bubble makes the portal become clickable and displays the link's title, but you can also just click the bubble. I was planning to put an iframe in the portal, but when I moved my mouse around quickly enough, it slowed things down. Instead, everyone on my links page gets their very own portal gradient, which was a learning experience, because I haven't really been using gradients before now! Though, that also means you can sort of tell which ones I did first.  :ohdear:

This is very much not a place for me to put informational links at the moment. I could make a visor that pulls in from the side and have that be a scrollbox/category browser for plain-text links, but we'll see.  :ok:

« Last Edit: Autumn, 02 Sep 2023 @848 by Kallistero » Logged

I miss the pomegranate :trash:
Memory
Guest

« Reply #16 on: Autumn, 01 Sep 2023 @048 » Embed

I've got both a page for cool indie websites, and a page for resources I collect!

Logged
Bede
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Deviantart Llama!Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: Autumn, 01 Sep 2023 @088 » Toggle Font Embed

Here's mine! Sorry for the odd layout. You know how iFrames do.

It's sorted into indie sites I like, webrings, cliques, fanlistings, tools for using the internet, tools for webmastery, art resources, stories and commentary (basically, long-form written content), queer history, places to visit for fun, and misc!

Logged

❝ I will walk this path and reach the pinnacle of what Fairy types can do. This is my goal. I've chosen it with my own will. ❞

https://file.garden/ZkEY3dxjtja0xEri/forums/bedebutton1.png https://file.garden/ZkEY3dxjtja0xEri/forums/bedebutton2.png https://file.garden/ZkEY3dxjtja0xEri/forums/bedebutton3.png

https://file.garden/ZkEY3dxjtja0xEri/forums/ballonleabutton1.gif
Daryl Sun
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


She/Her
⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: Autumn, 07 Sep 2023 @636 » Toggle Font Embed

My blog's link directory can be found at /links, but it's still a work-in-progress and I haven't updated the list recently. It's "a non-exhaustive page of websites that I think are cool, awesome, amazing, and other nice adjectives."

« Last Edit: Winter, 07 Feb 2024 @497 by Daryl Sun » Logged

brisray
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #19 on: Autumn, 08 Sep 2023 @759 » Embed

I love looking at other people's link direrctories. Some of hte sites are useful, others are just interesting but they all give a little bit of insight of what the authors find interesting or what they are trying to do with their pages.

I make my lists so I can find the sites again! Besides, it's always nice to give other sites a little bit of credit for helping make my own pages or for amusing me. Here's some of my lists:

Other Websites - an ancient page of everything I found interesting or useful

Back Links - another old page of the sites I found that linked to mine.

Free Multimedia

Free Software

I am rewriting the CSS for my site to make it more accessible, so everything I found useful for that is listed on the page I made to take a look at what I need to do.

There's two things about these lists. They are very susceptible to link rot. My older pages are full of broken links. I really must get around to checking them! The other thing is that if they are around long enough they turn into spam magnets. I get three types of spam. One is people offering to rewrite my entire site, another is people offering to write guest articles, and the other is people wanting their site added to my 20 year old links page.

Logged
jadefyre
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


now that's something I can hyperfixate on
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: Autumn, 08 Sep 2023 @865 » Toggle Font Embed

Here's mine! The theme is totally different from the rest of my site, and I mostly used it to learn my way around grids (which I've since abandoned for this particular layout), but I've had fun troubleshooting how to get it to display exactly as I want. I also consider it my place to experiment with certain styles that I don't want elsewhere on my site, such as the rainbow gradient on link-hover.  :cool:

Logged

Memory
Guest

« Reply #21 on: Autumn, 08 Sep 2023 @888 » Embed

I made one some time ago, the link compendium

It definetly needs some updating, and probably isn't as thought out as other directories, sorry about that

However, i still think there's some really cool stuff in there

Logged
yuentp
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


probably napping
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: yuentp
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: yuentp
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #22 on: Autumn, 26 Sep 2023 @572 » Toggle Font Embed

I'm so glad this was brought up because I'm a sucker for link directories lol this is mine. Mostly a bunch of links I consider useful to webmasters and gamers.

Logged

creaturefeature
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #23 on: Autumn, 26 Sep 2023 @609 » Embed

since we are in the subeject of sharing links here´s mine I have a mix of them divided into categories, resources, or things that interest me like videogames, educational, horror or even some fan sites.

I always try to update them from to time with new stuff, or sometimes i remove if I find out that site is no longer working.

Feel free to take a look

Logged


https://i.postimg.cc/dDbL6KhC/tumblr-d5439d978b3c6b781d96727e97fd9398-3bdaa8b9-540.jpg
ADarkHero
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


uwu
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #24 on: Summer, 25 Aug 2026 @397 » Toggle Font Embed

Here's mine. I had the idea of adding a "random" button that leads to a random site I recommend. I think that's a fun addition.

I really adore looking at link directories. It's great to find new awesome sites.

Logged

https://adarkhero.de/img/button88x31.gif
https://i.imgur.com/MUYNhfy.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/FS1a8Lg.png
Currently into: https://i.imgur.com/ZNIp473.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/FVp37B5.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/BXvcePR.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/rMJsa7H.png
 (\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Artifact Swap: Heartcoinhead
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #25 on: Autumn, 12 Sep 2026 @611 » Embed

https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/dir.html#weblinks
Every website I came across and that I've liked or found interesting, the page includes modern websites as well as 1.0 websites, I also have many buttons on display and those who I couldn't really show theirs here are linked in text form further below.

Notice the hook "#" in the url? Slight mature content warning if you decide to scroll back up. I'm planning to remove this part eventually and turn it into a steam-like page on its own website with a bunch of furry artists to tag and review all powered in php. This would be better imo.

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :eyes:

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseTomato SliceCourage Creampuffsmiley
Pages: 1 [2] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe