Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @197.99
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 803.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Computer Land
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology
| | |-+  MP3 players!


« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print Embed
Author Topic: MP3 players!  (Read 21879 times)
tk-loggedin
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #75 on: Spring, 31 May 2026 @736 » Toggle Font Embed

Ginger Snaps (2000)

Got to say - a Ginger Snaps and Will Wood fan? You have great taste! Watching films on MP3 players is such a great experience too... Something about the tiny screen unironically feels way more fun than just watching them on TV. :')

I put Youtube videos on my Innioasis Y1 (as well as some films) and it handles them quite well after some compression! In terms of DAPs there are surely better ones out there and between the frustrating method of playlist creation, the fact it uses file names to order instead of song info (causing albums to be mis-ordered), and the reported common failures of the SD card I almost don't want to recommend it... Howeverrr, I absolutely love it! I like that you can create custom themes too and replace just about every icon on it with whatever you like. My Pigsaw avatar here is actually my 'Settings' icon for my Innioasis (as I made horror film icons for all the main device options). :grin:



Logged

https://i.imgur.com/jZUaWG2.png
flea
Newbie
*
View Profile WWWArt


I am the dog guy
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #76 on: Spring, 31 May 2026 @783 » Embed

Got to say - a Ginger Snaps and Will Wood fan? You have great taste! Watching films on MP3 players is such a great experience too... Something about the tiny screen unironically feels way more fun than just watching them on TV. :')

Wow!!! In that case, you have amazing taste, too..! I found the Ginger Snaps franchise through Machine Girl's music!! :transport:

I 100% agree—it is sooo silly fun to watch compressed grainy little videos on the tiny screen.. yes, mp3 player, play the mp4s... Other films I have on here are I Saw The TV Glow, May (2002), The Passenger (2023) and some Paranoia Agent episodes. I used to watch Ginger Snaps daily for months so the mp3 player (my friend named him Jarvis) came in handy . Whoops.
Since my little guy is a no brand, it look me a lot of experimenting and learning to use ffmpeg to figure out what format of videos work on it, but it was fun, verily!

I like that you can create custom themes too
That's so, so cool..!! What!! Despite all the issues your mp3 gives you, they sound very charming. Mine has the issue of messing up the order of songs on albums as well  :drat:

Logged

https://iili.io/3MhS1ZQ.png
https://iili.io/3eLZeAx.gifhttps://iili.io/3eLZvtV.gif
https://iili.io/3eLDXkb.gif
https://iili.io/3eLDhpj.png Fleatah! https://iili.io/3eLDhpj.png
chicken smoothie
https://iili.io/3eLDWYu.png
https://iili.io/3eLDWYu.png  art fight https://iili.io/3eLDWYu.png
https://iili.io/3eLDXkb.gif
https://iili.io/3eLZ4KF.gifhttps://iili.io/3eLZgP1.gif
jjanzen
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #77 on: Summer, 09 Jun 2026 @812 » Embed

I've been using a HIBY R3PROII and have been enjoying it quite a bit. Battery lasts for ages and the sound that comes out of it is pretty decent. I have considered using an old iPod, but I really felt like I wanted something that supports modern microSD cards as my music collection is several hundred gigabytes in size. It's OS isn't amazing, but it does the job well enough. I really wanted to avoid an Android-based DAP as I am trying to avoid using my phone and that would just contribute to it I feel.

Logged

https://jjanzen.ca/images/jjanzen-button.gif
solsgarage
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
PicMix: aliengoop

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #78 on: Summer, 09 Jun 2026 @821 » Toggle Font Embed

i've got a bunch of music on my 902kc flip phone, but I also have a sansa clip that I bought in 2008! tbh, most used mp3 players from Ebay are a safe bet.

Logged
Kaiji
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: kaiji

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #79 on: Summer, 25 Jun 2026 @732 » Embed


I've been using this 1st gen ipod shuffle I got as a gift and it suits all my needs.
Doesn't fit a lot of music on it but, it's perfect for loading up some albums I want to listen to and kinda forces me to rotate through my collection often.

Logged

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/937ea6c1ea48fd110b8914e5fca8ae25.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/eb3ca95ce8a8417a47ef588ba47b264b.png
http://www.tiptopglobe.com/userbar/30782049e57d3ed220335cfab71182ce.png
✿ Passerine ✿
Casual Poster
*
View ProfileArt


mesmerized and teto pilled gmod addict
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #80 on: Summer, 10 Jul 2026 @783 » Embed

I do actually! I got an iPod 5th Gen last year and I modded it to replace the 40GB HDD with a 128GB SD card and put in a bigger battery (also a clear front shell)! I also put a lot of effort into downloading/ripping whole albums from artists I really liked and I already had a good pair of old wired earphones. So all those things combined make it a really good experience.

I think it helped my taste music in general; instead of skipping to songs constantly it forced me to listen to whole albums and slow down n really listen, I recommend it! :4u:

https://nonit.me/external/images/ipod.jpg

Lessons along the way:
  • New iPod parts are all low quality, so if you have a good original parts keep them!
  • Getting a good SD converter and card is important - I used an iFlash Solo and a SanDisk Extreme SD card - https://www.iflash.xyz/store/iflash-solo
  • If you do an SD mod, make sure to put in a bigger battery (1-2k mAh) longer life makes it way more usable!
  • Its still old tech, lots of people try to overvalue it, so don't pay too much!
  • iTunes has improved a lot, but remember it still only supports MP3 and M4A - If you have FLACs you need to convert them to lossless M4A
  • Some super high-res lossless so audio wont play on iPods (you've gotta downsample to 48k 16bit max)
  • I recommend buying CDs from charity shops (or borrowing them from people/library) and ripping them to Apple Lossless in iTunes to get the best quality!
  • If you use it on a plane/bus/train people will give you looks :tongue:


If I were you, I would not use a Sandisk brand card. From my experience and from what iflash says on their website, these cards cause a lot of issues with iPods, causing freezing, songs to skip suddenly, a bunch of issues. If you are having problems with this, please find a new brand of card. So long as it isn’t Sandisk, it will probably work fine.

Logged

Nigh Ouroboros, again and again and again, forevermore.
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #81 on: Summer, 18 Jul 2026 @958 » Embed

I wonder if they still sell them. Here's mines, the buttons have gotten a little bit dusty because it's not been used in a long time.

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.png

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseCourage smiley
BARCO
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


Guardian angelknight being
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: barcohot
iMood: barco
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #82 on: Summer, 04 Aug 2026 @642 » Embed

My mom was cleaning my brother's room and found an ancient Philips Mp3 Player GoGear Vibe 4g


She told me that maybe we could sell it... But honestly I find an interest in these kinds of vintage stuff you may call it, so I decided to make it work (and if I sold it it would be pretty cheap)


Actually this mp3 player was literally NEVER used, like it was still in its package (full of dust), I opened it and the mp3 player itself is in good condition, came in with the charger and earphones— the instruction Disk and it even had a free 30 days trial on some music thing, which obviously expired in 2010


Connected it to my PC (Linux obviously, and the files in the Disk were .exe files so I had to pull out Lutris lol), to charge it and install some stuff, but it was late so after installing the things I went to sleep


This morning I kept it charging all the time, but for some reason it's still not fully charged, it said it would take 3 hours or 4 and I definitely kept it more than that...
I'm gonna try later when I get back home
It's the first time I would have a mp3 player, I really hope I figure it out


https://i.postimg.cc/tg2gnfXV/IMG-20260803-235344.jpg

Logged

˚₊‧꒰ა ★ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚
https://i.postimg.cc/HW5nP7sS/ezgif-16ca24edc1e82aed.gif
LIQUIDCULT
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


web revivalist and irl survivalist
⛺︎ My Room
OS: Windows 8, Windows 11
Newgrounds: liquidculture

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
OscarEddyEddEdMaromiQueen
« Reply #83 on: Autumn, 23 Sep 2026 @836 » Embed

I've had my music library that I started in my teens for years, but my old MP3 players are long gone. I got a $10 one off of Ebay that I really liked, which I lost just as quickly (easy come easy go...) and got a mid-range one after ($30+) with a lot of storage, but the feel of it is kind of heavy and weird compared to what I'm used to. I think a lot about some of the Walkman MP3 players that had such pretty color palettes, but those are out of my price range.

I like to take walks without my phone so being able to carry an MP3 player is crucial. With music, it'll be youtube for discoverability and these days I'll support the artists I really want to on bandcamp, but for most "legacy" artists its the high seas or used cds/records. I'm also one of those people who has an analog habit that is no longer sustainable in this economy.  :tnt: 

Logged

Recovering insomniac... :sleep:
https://liquidcult.neocities.org/banners/cattime.gif

Artifact Swap: Conan EdogawaMove it, football head!Physical media FOREVA!KarafactThe Tan Mom From That One Episode of PPGSesame StreetHamsterHot Air BalloonSelma BouvierTazDaphneVelmaMisty MoonButtercupTinkebellBatman Spiffotools (for crafting things)h2goWolf Spawn EggPlank
sharkplushes
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


huh? what?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #84 on: Autumn, 25 Sep 2026 @803 » Toggle Font Embed

i have an mp3 player on the way!

https://file.garden/ZRo4pj_G0TetIeK9/Unsorted/mp3_player_product_img.jpg

its just this cute little thing i ordered off amazon (not the best choice in shopping places, im aware, but its the most accessible to me right now). it will arrive sunday along with a pair of wired earbuds. it doesnt offer much space internally, but you can expand with with an sd card... might have one laying around somewhere.

anyhow, i havent had an mp3 player (a true mp3 player) since i was a kid. after my first one died, my dad bought me an ipod touch. then after that, i just listened to music on my phone. in an effort to minimize usage of my phone, i purchased this here mp3 player. i've already been sort of carrying a... not so dedicated mp3 player lately. it's a playstation vita. but the homebrew for the vita that plays music doesnt keep playing the music when you switch to, say, the camera (and i guess it really shouldnt? i believe it's operating as intended?).

oh well, i'll still carry the vita at least. i love the photos it takes. but yeah, not very good for music listening while wanting to take said photos.

Logged

Skyweaver
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #85 on: Autumn, 26 Sep 2026 @972 » Embed

i have an mp3 player on the way!

https://file.garden/ZRo4pj_G0TetIeK9/Unsorted/mp3_player_product_img.jpg

its just this cute little thing i ordered off amazon (not the best choice in shopping places, im aware, but its the most accessible to me right now). it will arrive sunday along with a pair of wired earbuds. it doesnt offer much space internally, but you can expand with with an sd card... might have one laying around somewhere.

Nice, I had a similar one back in 2021. Sadly the power button broke on it in a few months, and it finally died when my brother dropped it and the screen and its cable broke off :( (though in fairness I did pry apart the thing a few times prior to it breaking in two). Hope you have better luck w/ yours!

Nowadays I just use a local music player app (AIMP) on my phone. May consider getting an MP3 player again cause I LOVE reading about them and there's just something about the form factor that fascinates me.

Logged

Aero and Skeuo Graphic Designer
Skyweaver's website!!

https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/jamie.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/faa-forum.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/miku.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/scp.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/aimp.png
sharkplushes
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


huh? what?
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #86 on: Autumn, 27 Sep 2026 @127 » Toggle Font Embed

Nice, I had a similar one back in 2021. Sadly the power button broke on it in a few months, and it finally died when my brother dropped it and the screen and its cable broke off :(

aw man :( i hope mine survives for a while. it came in today, and its soooooo stinkin cute.

https://file.garden/ZRo4pj_G0TetIeK9/Unsorted/IMG_0682.JPG

it feels pretty sturdy though. either way, im absolutely in love.

Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe