Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 - @198.83
Forum Activity: Four Stars ~ Boop! The forum will close in 802.beats! Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Do you see yourself still playing video games at an older age?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Do you see yourself still playing video games at an older age?  (Read 235 times)
Trench_Man
Casual Poster
*
View ProfileArt


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @228 » Embed

Gaming is one of those hobbies I've always convinced myself I'll never truly stop enjoying and if time allows for it and my body and health permits me I will probably continue playing them well into my elder years

This post makes the assumption most who answer have been playing video games for awhile and are probably anywhere from early adulthood to late 30s early 40s

So with that out of the way do you see yourself continuing to boot up games sometime in the distant or (depending on your age) not-so-distant future as an older individual?

Logged

Diamonds for the Diamond God, Gold for the Gold Throne
cyberdreamz
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


₍^. .^₎Ⳋ
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cyberdreamz
iMood: cyberdreamz

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @265 » Toggle Font Embed

I hope so! I'm sure I'll be reading books and watching movies and listening to music for as long as I'm able to, so I don't see why videogames would be any different.

Logged

https://file.garden/aKLNmQV5eixaX67L/computer_076.gif
aaaand post!
sproutknip
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


Virtual Moss
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Princess KuromiSurfs Up!Joined 2026!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @270 » Toggle Font Embed

Oh, absolutely! Furthermore, I feel like I would still be playing games into my old age even if I stopped playing new releases from this moment on. There are SO many old games I still want to play!

Fortunately, my favourite genres are turn-based roleplaying games, and grid-based tactics games. So even as my physical reflexes decline, as long as my brain is still functioning, I’ll be able to enjoy many of my favourites!

Logged

https://sproutknip.neocities.org/images/sootsprites.gifhttps://sproutknip.neocities.org/images/sproutknipbutton.gifhttps://sproutknip.neocities.org/images/sootsprites.gif

Artifact Swap: Moonlight MopedLike MailMetabee3 coinsSanrio
Indigo
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @275 » Embed

I think so. I got back into it as a stress relief and just another enjoyable outlet for me. There's this lady online that's in her 90s and she loves playing Legend of Zelda games. I aspire to be like her. Just at peace with my hobbies.

Logged

https://graphic.neocities.org/671310c2-0cc1-468c-82b0-939fa3a84812.gif
fauxhumanoid
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Newgrounds: FauxHumanoid

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @350 » Embed

i mean... i already suck at videogames. what's stopping me from sucking at them forever?

i want to be like neil cicierega when i grow up where i dedicate my entire life to stupid nerd shit and never stop...

Logged

that's what i think, anyway...

https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_2.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/track44.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_1.gif
https://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/FreeButtons.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Trans-Guy.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Otherkin-rainbow.png

Artifact Swap: gemini
chilblands
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


make it happen or regret
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2026!
« Reply #5 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @500 » Toggle Font Embed

I think I will never stop playing games but the frequency will decrease. As I grow older, I prefer to "touch grass" or experience real world events... I may also be ADHD so I often swap or try out different hobbies/ activities.

Gaming will be one of my hobbies but it will not hold as much importance as teen me. However, as my friends and I grow older, one of the ways we bond or spend time together is online via games. It's just a lot more convenient than traveling an hour to meet each other (but ofc we will still go out).

Many games are just multimodal (storytelling the books, music, visuals like movies, more engaging and personal) media. It's like asking "will you ever grow out of reading books or or watch movies" IMO! The answer is always no with personal constraints  :ozwomp:

Logged

https://chilblands.neocities.org/files/horseicon.gif it's gettin cold in here...

Artifact Swap: Garden snailCursor!Shocked SharaDevil HeartI met Dan Q on Melonland!PurbymargiesimpSunny the PuppyWhite pawnJIJIjiggle~
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #6 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @636 » Embed

I'm still far from a boomer yet I haven't found the time to really enjoy video games anymore, I guess my real hobby is using the internet. I used to play a lot of video games like a decade ago, but I reckon I lost interest due to all the drama.

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.png

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseCourage smiley
Watanabe_1994
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


3 racoons in a trenchcoat
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Wurmhole
OS: SGI Technologies Elysia

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!MohawkJoined 2026!ビートルさんGood find!Spooky Season 2025
« Reply #7 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @684 » Embed

Maybe a small few that I will play once in a wile, I might get a career that sucks up my time.
Its kind of the same way I feel about the internet usage after I turn 30, it wont be much or little at all.

Logged

https://otakucam.nekoweb.org/8831/index.gif https://otakucam.nekoweb.org/8831/diet.gif https://otakucam.nekoweb.org/8831/banner3.gif https://otakucam.nekoweb.org/8831/bana_m3.jpg

Artifact Swap: ParoxetineFP Menu CrystalVideo8Artifact not foundMonaChinaGirlAtomic9I met Dan Q on Melonland!Miffy LoveTuxComputerFire CreatureEvil fucking snail
azalea
Jr. Member
**
View Profile


seed flare⭐
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @773 » Embed

yes.

video games are an art form, for me. some video games tell a thrilling or engaging story, some have very dynamic characters and explore the dynamics and relationships between those characters, and some have exciting combat systems. i'm someone who enjoys these things, and i don't see that changing, whether that be five years from now or ten, or fifteen. age is a nonfactor when it comes to enjoying what video games have to offer, and i can still envision myself enjoying jrpgs/action-rpgs/monster-collectors no matter what age (or at the very least, i hope so!).

Logged
Dynaknights
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


"When fate comes knockin'..."
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Spinning Star!MousyFunny BoneJoined 2026!
« Reply #9 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @782 » Embed

Yeah.

While my adult life and other hobbies I want to indulge in absorb all of my free time, I think I've been exposed to video games for long enough to be unable to picture a life without them. Plus, I don't really watch TV or doomscroll or anything. I better see arcade machines in whatever nursing home I end up in.

Logged

https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/decor/wing1.gif In another, another, another universe in the far, far future...
Maybe, just maybe, I'll think of a better signature...
https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/decor/wing2.gif

https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/buttons/twws1.png https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/buttons/twws2.png https://web-surfer.neocities.org/assets/buttons/twws3.png

Artifact Swap: Puppy DogHALLOWEEN!Useless nested <div>Gallery CardArcadeVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!angel kirbyAmethystfwoggienerdJellycat
fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @792 » Toggle Font Embed

i don't see why not. videogames are a great way for me to unwind, great excuse to connect with friends, and in some cases have quite wonderful benefits (stepmania's an incredible workout!). as long as i have the time and the tech, i'm sure it'll remain a hobby in rotation with the rest of my media consumption.

Logged

neocities
https://64.media.tumblr.com/675eae3dd8a496506c935c06793b245b/tumblr_inline_p7syo7z5iN1rw5v7g_75sq.pnja laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have.https://64.media.tumblr.com/8e49c3d785fd9ee0e1d9dbac48ee31f1/tumblr_inline_p7syo8AjMX1rw5v7g_75sq.pnj
https://web.archive.org/web/20090728050500/http://www.geocities.com/john_jessica/Barfairymagic.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03416b0ebb68bed78f1a3ab1f7a1849e/338d8dd360da2e72-ad/s1280x1920/2899a20f67237800ced2832b9474a853a22a2756.jpg
Skykristal
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


I may be dead but I am here
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: skykristal

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Uni-StarGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @805 » Toggle Font Embed

yes but decreasing. Mainly because my gaming activity has already been cut in half, if not more in the last 1-2 decades. Its less about time and more about simply being uninterested as a whole. I used to play all the time when I was younger... good old times, man. But I dont really feel the urge for gaming anymore. I'm more interested in burying myself into a new series, watching someone else play a game, gardening, writing or drawing.

I'll surely play an occasional game if I don't loose interest entirely, but its not my #1 hobby.

Logged

https://skykristal.art/Ocs/_rebecka.pnghttp://internetometer.com/imagesmall/50425.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_aquarium-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_tobi-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_flora-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_toothy-icon.png
Lyonid
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: Lyonid
iMood: Lyonid
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
ArturFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @843 » Toggle Font Embed

I have always been playing a lot of video games, and even with a full-time job, it barely got less. One thing I am much more conscious about is the quality of the games I am trying out. Where at a younger age I would play random ass games on Steam, I now feel like I developed a much stronger taste for what I want from a video game.

With that being said, I will absolutely DEMOLISH soooooo many games when I'm old. There is so much for me to still play, and there are so many beautiful minds creating beautiful games. It also helps that I really enjoy replaying certain games that already take a good amount of time, like any Harvest Moon derivative or Fire Emblem. RPGs are probably great to devour as well. I'd avoid roguelikes like holy water, so my old ass brain won't be stuck in some Balatro-limbo lmao. There's a fabulous Youtube Channel: Britta Food4Dogs, and at her age, I want to be just like her. :dog:

Logged

xx <3
https://img.flowergame.net/1111441.png

Artifact Swap: LyonidKnollCrystallized ExoskullShell Creature
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe