Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 07 Oct 2026 - @939.00
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :defrag: Lo and Behold :defrag: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Anyone doing Halloween themes/events on their site?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Anyone doing Halloween themes/events on their site?  (Read 625 times)
KrazyKoen
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: @KrazyKoen

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!NutcrackerJoined 2025!
« on: Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 @855 » Toggle Font Embed

I've spent the last week or so setting up my site for Halloween, it was alot of fun and turned out pretty well. Is anyone else doing anything similar?

Logged

Dark forces loom over us...
fauxhumanoid
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Newgrounds: FauxHumanoid

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 @954 » Embed

oh damn, now you're making me want to do one! i've always loved halloween and decorating for the season.

my site is well overdue for a refurbishment anyway. i'm not sure what i would put on an improved site, but probably more blogs (i have a lot of scattered thoughts about forums.)

Logged

that's what i think, anyway...

https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_2.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/track44.gif https://file.garden/ZZO2vbOs0CiXN-Ec/mygraphics/rei_1.gif
https://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/FreeButtons.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Trans-Guy.pnghttps://file.garden/arz2vpVMM48lXsbd/graphics/tinybuttons/Otherkin-rainbow.png

Artifact Swap: gemini
fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @134 » Toggle Font Embed

i'm still procrastinating on a soft reset of the whole thing... but hopefully by this time next year, i'll be able to really doll my site up! this also makes me think about all the special kinds of topics and themes you can get into, like...
* a page dedicated to previous halloween costumes
* favourite halloween memories
* halloween media you come back to every year 
* favourite halloween candies
* black cats!! (not inherently halloweeny i just love my cat)

best of luck to everyone who's hoping to celebrate online ^_^

Logged

neocities
https://64.media.tumblr.com/675eae3dd8a496506c935c06793b245b/tumblr_inline_p7syo7z5iN1rw5v7g_75sq.pnja laugh can be a very powerful thing. why, sometimes in life, it's the only weapon we have.https://64.media.tumblr.com/8e49c3d785fd9ee0e1d9dbac48ee31f1/tumblr_inline_p7syo8AjMX1rw5v7g_75sq.pnj
https://web.archive.org/web/20090728050500/http://www.geocities.com/john_jessica/Barfairymagic.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03416b0ebb68bed78f1a3ab1f7a1849e/338d8dd360da2e72-ad/s1280x1920/2899a20f67237800ced2832b9474a853a22a2756.jpg
ADarkHero
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


uwu
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #3 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @326 » Toggle Font Embed

A halloween theme is actually a neat idea. I'll probably make one and set it as default in the weeks surrounding halloween.

Logged

https://adarkhero.de/img/button88x31.gif
https://i.imgur.com/MUYNhfy.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/FS1a8Lg.png
Currently into: https://i.imgur.com/ZNIp473.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/FVp37B5.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/BXvcePR.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/rMJsa7H.png
 (\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Artifact Swap: Red-Throated LoonHeartcoinhead
schlime9k
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


Forever personalising my profile
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schlime9k
iMood: schlime9k
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #4 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @434 » Toggle Font Embed

Man, how come I didn't even THINK of doing something like that?! Next year, I'll definitely make a halloween theme for my website! Heck, I might even do one for Christmas that's coming up just cause you said that.

Logged

https://schlime.online/images/buttons/wsw.gif

Artifact Swap: HALLOWEEN!Physical media FOREVA!I met Dan Q on Melonland!Ace Honeymami
boreal cryptid
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


без надії сподіваюсь
⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #5 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @519 » Embed

not halloween, but "autumn harvest celebration day(s)" type of thing, so i hope it counts, lolz.

it's Kekri (or Kegri, depends on language or dialect). i think about making a temporary theme for that, or maybe separate page... like shrine? i dunno. i'll decide that later :P

Logged

Is this how you honor MelonLand Forum, and the tribe unmourned? Write to me openly, and not by stealth.

Artifact Swap: Polyamorous NeurodivergentWildflowers!Lucky Birdtree ConeSnow MailRainbow ConnectionPolyamorousThe Red Pixel^_^
Null
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWWArt


if when you were so was the if could? yeas
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: aaaaaaaa4
iMood: H1_Th3r3
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Striped Thigh-High SocksDevil HornsVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2026!I got robbed TWICE by Dan Q on Melonland!The creature
« Reply #6 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @523 » Toggle Font Embed

Oooooo :mark: I should do one of those!  :seal:
I wonder what I should do for it  :ok:

Logged

Have a wonderful day/night, may your pillow be cold on both sides tonight, and may you wake up feeling refreshed and ready for the day tomorrow <3
-With (platonic)love and friendship, Null(they/them) :4u:

Artifact Swap: IT'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWNI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Paw printWeb HostingShopkinRice BoyTiny Batman HeadHUH?Pixels?Save the saveDoctor Redactedpepper_adoptsplatQLF?Slime Spawn Eggcup (for tea lovers)smuggler?? i hardly knower!MerioCream the Rabbitsea angel!
ribose
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⚘ ⚘ ⚘ ⚘ ⚘
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: ribose
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Learning to swim!Fio the HamsterAmmoniteSee A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantFirst 1000 Members!
« Reply #7 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @632 » Toggle Font Embed

i dressed up my homepage in 2024! (archived here) i didn't bring it back for 2025 because.... i really don't like seeing my homepage in dark mode :ziped:
i'll do it again this year if i can think of a more specific costume!

Logged

https://ribose.neocities.org/88x31.png

Artifact Swap: Taking my fish for a walklittle ufoWhite-Breasted NuthatchArnoldAnother WizardRing-Billed GullCommon RavenAmerican WoodcockAmerican RobinAmerican GoldfinchSprout LeafCache the SquirrelHungry MouseDogmeatgoth gfMellohi10k:)Sonic the HedgehogKnuckles the Echidna
ocean
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


they/them
⛺︎ My Room
OS: macOS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #8 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @783 » Embed

Halloween is my all-time favorite holiday, so of course, I had to do a theme for it!

My site has seasonal themes for the solstices and equinoxes, but I went the extra mile for Halloween.
I have some javascript that'll automagically apply the theme one week before the fateful day. 🎃

The Javsacript is high effort, but just changing some colors around and making a page spooky isn't really! I very highly recommend everyone do this on their personal sites. It makes the holiday more special when everyone is participating!  :skull:

Logged

https://oceanmew.neocities.org/oceanmew.gif
Skykristal
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


I may be dead but I am here
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: skykristal

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Uni-StarFirst 1000 Members!Great Posts PacmanJoined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 @958 » Toggle Font Embed

Not going as far as redecorating my entire site seasonally like I used to but I hope my drawbox gets some good spooky submissions. I implemented prompts not too long a go to motivate my visitors. Obviously I'm going to draw my Ocs for Halloween and enter october art challenge & contribute to a zine, which I'm likely going to highlight on my site. I guess this counts as minimal halloween decor or something lol

Logged

https://skykristal.art/Ocs/_rebecka.pnghttp://internetometer.com/imagesmall/50425.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_aquarium-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_tobi-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_flora-icon.png https://skykristal.art/CoolStuff/_toothy-icon.png
Catface
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


Peace and luv and beer
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: xxcatgore

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #10 on: Autumn, 03 Oct 2026 @007 » Embed

AH! Thank you for the reminder, since i did a Christmas theme last year  :dive:  :innocent:

Logged

https://xxcatface.neocities.org/bo%20schlep1.gif
Rubbereon
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
OS: Linux 🐧

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
NoSmoking!Hope, the silliest ink kittayyVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Joined 2025!
« Reply #11 on: Autumn, 04 Oct 2026 @939 » Embed

I have a css class just called "Halloween" and I toggle its visibility on and off depending on if it's Halloween or not for additional decorations. So well yuh you could say I do, just a small look change nothing too involved.

Logged

https://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20695.gifFuzzy fwiendhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20696.gifhttps://bettysgraphics.neocities.org/images/animals/cat%20697.gif
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gifLinux userhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/penguin.gif
↓ All my web profiles are available on this website ↓
https://fursona.directory/@rubbereon :goL:
https://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/tabs.gifhttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/idiotsticker.pnghttps://rubbereon.nekoweb.org/img/iblockads.gif

Artifact Swap: pearl yappin kittayGreen SpiffoJust CheeseCourage smiley
yuna2k
Newbie ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖍𝖚𝖒𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖎 🇨🇱
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« Reply #12 on: Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 @983 » Embed

preparing for this years halloween hehe

MVNDY - HALLOWEEN IS COMING

Logged

Currently developing MVNDY:

A comic in about techno, dissidences and the dichotomy between good and evil... or about techno, dreams and other dimensions.

↓ ENTER THE ARCHIVE ↓
https://mvndy.cl/
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe