Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @160.64 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 840.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  What is your question you STILL don't know the answer to?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What is your question you STILL don't know the answer to?  (Read 1153 times)
e-
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2024 @102.37 »

Why do you need sunscreen? Humans have evolved in the sun since the beginning of life and now you need this super recent invention to avoid getting skin cancer??
« Last Edit: April 27, 2024 @105.96 by e- » Logged
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2024 @122.51 »

Why do you need sunscreen? Humans have evolved in the sun since the beginning of life and now you need this super recent invention to avoid getting skin cancer??

Well, humans used to have more melanated skin until we spread out across the globe and most of us became less melanated and more sun sensitive, but that hasn't stopped us from wanting to travel places where there's more aggressive sun than our skin is prepared to handle. Also, yes, while we evolved in the sun, back then people just died from skin cancer, and now we can prevent it more as opposed to only treating it if it pops up.
There's also a variety of medications that sadly affect your sun sensitivity and skin cancer risk nowadays that people historically didn't have access to. I am actually scheduled to start one like that next week :smile:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2024 @143.55 »

My dad brought home his high school yearbooks went he went to go clear out his moms house. I was looking through them and I got to a page that started with 'captains log 00163' [yes , he was a star trek fan] and I being the nosey person I am started to read it. I'm not going to quote it for privacy reasons but it was odd to say the least. When I was about 5 sentences in he noticed I was reading it ,  snatched it up and god knows what he did with it. I still wonder about what the rest of it was. It could've just been he was embarrassed [which it probably was] but I still wonder.

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Snackish Magpie
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2024 @859.10 »

Wowee, I've really enjoyed reading all these questions and answers mingling around!  :dive:

And also perhaps somewhat related to the "how did we find and harness electricity" question, I often wonder how we managed to program computers! Maybe the answer will be right there if I look it up, and perhaps it's *so* obvious, but I find it fascinating and bizarre that we programmed computers by feeding them punch sheets and the like early on... especially the notion of "we give computers a language they can understand", how do we do that?! Is it like with humans where we do an action and assign a "word" to it?  :ohdear:   "hello, when this sheet has a hole in this place, I want you to register it as "xyz"", but how do we tell it that! Bonkers conkers  :ha: 
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 18
Views: 6618
Last post August 31, 2024 @266.71
by greyskieshappymind
Where are IPFS backups on Neocities? ANSWERED!

Started by ellievoyydBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 2129
Last post March 17, 2022 @162.86
by PAINTKILLER
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 41
Views: 4898
Last post August 01, 2024 @945.76
by arsenicCatnip

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi