Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @324.14 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 31/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  What's your favorite part of your website?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: What's your favorite part of your website?  (Read 5080 times)
schiavona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Let's get real weird with it!

StatusCafe: schiavona
iMood: schiavona

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2024 @161.67 »

You know, this is going to make me sound real sentimental buuuuut... I think my favorite part of my site is the little bit of Javascript that displays a little randomized message at the top of the banner. Here's the sentimental part: the idea comes from the website for a (now basically defunct) VGM Radio Station I helped out with back in 2018, and I've always been pretty fond of the concept, so not only did that make it over to my website, so did some of the quotes as well!

<>|==================> Oh look I found my cool sword!
Memory
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2024 @358.99 »

For me, it's the typeface, which I put a lot of effort into across more than a year. Closest to that is just the very minimal style of the whole website, in order to let the typeface be the carrier of the website's personality along with some illustrations. I love early 2010s skeuomorphism and I like websites that cater to those related aesthetics, but this more minimalist approach is the one that feels right for me.
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2024 @470.81 »

I can't choose, there's too many things I like on different pages ! I love them all equally !  :dive:

Sometimes I wish I wasn't perfectionist because I often change minor things or do little touch-ups, I hope I can let my own HTML have some rest one day !
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2024 @560.87 »

I'd say my homepage. It has the most amount of stuff on it and it was a huge joy when it came out the way I wanted it to  :grin:  Sometimes I look at other people's sites and feel like mine is too simple, but then I look at it again and nah, who cares, still love it. For now, as it goes.  :ok:

Although I do also love my shrines, meaning each individually. It's so fun to see the different approaches I end up having depending on the subject.

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2024 @101.78 »

Either my Verivery shrine or my writing page! I think iot's really cool that with frames, I can have pages of my site with totally different CSS without it seeming nearly as out of place, and I just think my Verivery shrine looks neat, not to mention that I think it's the best version my Verivery page has ever been since it moreso explains my love for Verivery rather than reading like a Wikipedia article! (Although it was way more detailed than their Wikipedia article ever was.)

I've also become very enamoured with the personal essay recently and it's been super cool to write some and put them on my site as a further expression of myself. I want to work on some more and publish them soon! I also want to make more different stylesheets for individual pages—I think that'd be really cool!

probably the footer on mine, cause i think the all wrongs reversed thing is funny, and also because it has my little status indicators and stuff. [...] it was fun to collect all the little elements ive seen in other footers (buttons, copyright notices, file mod time, etc) and put them in there.

This reminded me that I really need to clean up my home page's footer, since it's most of the page's length! XD Or at least organize it somehow, and maybe make a specific page or div for the webrings so they're not just splattered there.

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

krish
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The People's Princess ♡

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2024 @143.74 »

My favorite part of my website is how pink it is  :loved:

villiersterrace
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/They

View Profile WWW

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2024 @982.82 »

The pages for my music collections. All of them need to be updated but I like the graphics I made for them.

bby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

take my memories of her with u

StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2024 @686.56 »

Wasn't sure whether I should post this in web crafting or showcasing.. but I really want to see what everyone's favorite part of their website is! It can be big or small - a little graphic or a whole webpage.

they're not online anymore (will be back up soon, i'm migrating away from neocities). but i love my magic 8 ball and coin flip pages. i'm a very indecisive person so i love to use those tools irl, and it's fun being able to have my own customized version based on my interests. my coin flip is based off of skyrim and my 8 ball is based off of care bears.

if anyone else is interested in having them on their pages, here is the 8 ball code and here is the coin flip code. they use javascript.  :cool:

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard
:mail: wanna be pen pals?
tertiaryapocalypse
Casual Poster ⚓︎

travelling through space at a very high speed

iMood: tertiaryapocalypse

View Profile WWW

bred :3Joined 2024!
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2024 @756.66 »

this is such a good thread to scroll through.... it's really cool to see everyone's favourite parts of their sites! as for me i think mine really would just be the css & the icon i have in the top left corner. i'm very happy with my projects page, too, but that's definitely not because of any technical prowess-- i just like the aggregate view of all my creative work together.

(another, smaller thing would be the way i've linked the shrines on my interests page. i think it looks nice.)

a button for the site tertiaryapocalypse, which reads 'visit mars' in all caps and below it reads the site name.a button reading long gone legends in black and white with an eye icon with a star pupil
LegenDarius
Newbie ⚓︎

Darius is an idea, but there is no real me

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2024 @220.97 »

Just my homepage. It has the about me section too and some updates that ticker at the top. I laugh a bit everytime I visit it.
Junebug
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Vanitas Vanitatum Omnia Vanitas

View Profile WWW

Vanitas no Carte fanJoined 2024!
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2024 @47.07 »

My favorite part of my website isn't something I did, but the particular art I put as the main image for the homepage. It's a visual representation of the idea "let's look at the memories" which in the context in the story is pretty significant. I think it's the best thing to show someone before going into any of the pages that focus on particular parts of the story. It's basically the main characters looking at the story right before I start looking at the story, and I enjoy how meta that is.

But aside from that, any of my completed volume cover analyses in terms of things that I did rather than what the author did. I'm satisfied with the results of what I've done. Here's a link to one of the pages.

My preferred programming language is AutoHotKey.

"What you thought was a given was in reality a product of miracles."

eyes
Newbie ⚓︎

(she/her)I can be trusted with your phonemes

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2024 @991.12 »

I am proud that I found a way to make my site look nice without too many bells and whistles.
rina
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2024 @446.88 »

def my blog
goldenspiral
Newbie ⚓︎

tails! (it/its)

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2024 @168.03 »

my site barely has any pages right now, as it's relatively new, but my favorite is the general theming and look. i themed it after a specific roblox game, dream game, which the visuals of i find a weird comfort in, and each css style is themed after a different location/dream in it. the css for the homepage, about, and resources (generally just kind of the default appearance) is themed after dying mall, and the journal page's css is themed after windy island, which is where you are when you're awake.
something i'm relatively proud of is the (very minimal) javascript for the button in the bottom right corner, since i've never done js until that point. for a while it was broken because i was forgetting the right brace at the end of it. oops. :ohdear:

and the days keep whipping by, and the show keeps going on...
kiyuyu
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: kiyuyu

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2024 @178.99 »

Definitely my homepage, it's hobbled together from a template but I've made it my own and I'm so proud of it. I also just really like ryo ramiya's art.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 8164
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper
What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 16
Views: 4174
Last post May 07, 2024 @217.47
by Icey!
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1893
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi