Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @368.22 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games
| | | |-+  Unpopular Opinons

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: Unpopular Opinons  (Read 4422 times)
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« on: February 16, 2023 @587.75 »

IDK if this Forum Topic has been done before but feel free to confess your unpopular opinions  :smile:  :smile:

This is a space to have nuanced conversations about things and to express your opinions on subject matters (that still apply to the forum rules, be respectful to other users!) ur opinions can vary from shows, songs, pet peeves, etc! :4u:

For example, my unpopular opinion is that I hate grape flavored candy.  :tongue: it tastes medicinal to me 
actually, i despise a lot of candy flavors .. grape, green apple, watermelon, and most citrus flavors i abhor  :ohdear: 

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023 @724.32 »

Alright, I uhm.. I really like some cherry flavors specifically because they taste like cough syrup. I generally find old-fashioned root, herb, and spice flavors like root beer, black licorice, and clove to be way more worth the sugar than most or nearly all fruit flavors, though. I'd rather just like.. eat a strawberry or something. (Despite that, strawberry cream still happens to be my favorite Valentines chocolate flavor. Huh.)

I also have a strong hatred for LEDs. They're definitely more efficient and CAN be tolerable, but I always get irrationally angry whenever I see them used with car lights (and decoration), street lamps (not traffic lights. those are okay), and.. normal household light fixtures. The ones that aren't made to almost be amber, anyway. I've heard of people getting irritated by fluorescents, but I'm actually alright with those. I have a fluorescent lamp for the african violets in my room, actually.

If I'm going to go on the topic of plants, I really dislike most variegated ones. Like the ones that are almost completely splotches of white, grey, and/or pink. Or I guess splotches in general.. I only like the patterns that nicely define the shape of the leaves with stripes. My chinese evergreen has that kind- I think it may be the "Silver Bay" variant.

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023 @744.54 »

I like the Atari Jaguar
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023 @68.59 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2023 @776.39 »

I like brussels sprouts! If they are cooked well they can be totally delicious and even be the highlight of a meal  :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2023 @806.13 »

I looooove coconut flavour anything! I feel like this is a very divisive matter :ok:
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2023 @807.01 »

Most online games today suck because although competitive communities can be amazing (take the early SSBM tournaments) modern online gaming is literally only about winning and doesn't breed interesting or welcoming communities like they used to.

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2023 @807.49 »

I looooove coconut flavour anything! I feel like this is a very divisive matter :ok:

I will always choose a bounty bar above any other chocolate solely for the coconut

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2023 @810.06 »

I will always choose a bounty bar above any other chocolate solely for the coconut

I like bounty so much! It was recently removed from some box of small chocolates due to being "so unpopular" :')

I'm like the opposite of competitive so a lot of gaming communities now just don't do it for me.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2023 @897.04 »

My least popular opinion is probably that the Super Mario Bros movie with Bob Hoskins and John Leguizamo is better than any of the Mario games. I've never liked Mario, so the fact that the movie is barely related to the games is a plus in my opinion. :grin:

I'll throw my hat into the coconut lovers box. Is throwing a hat into a box a proper idiom? Well, it is now. :P

Most online games today suck because although competitive communities can be amazing (take the early SSBM tournaments) modern online gaming is literally only about winning and doesn't breed interesting or welcoming communities like they used to.

I'm not sure if it's the competitiveness or focus on winning that's the problem as much as it is about games trying to cater to streamers. Deathmatch goes way, way, way back and I saw some decent communities come out of games like Quake and Unreal. But I have zero interest in stuff like Overwatch, DOTA, League of Legends or Call of Duty--basically all the big online games today. Something has definitely changed to make them less appealing, and it's something that really draws in the streamer crowd, but I can't place my finger on what it is.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2023 @901.89 »

Something has definitely changed to make them less appealing, and it's something that really draws in the streamer crowd, but I can't place my finger on what it is.
I think also money changes people - competitive gamers today can earn a lot of money at e-sports events, as soon as money is involved it becomes a business more than a community.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ivy
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2023 @987.82 »

I like brussels sprouts! If they are cooked well they can be totally delicious and even be the highlight of a meal  :ozwomp:

I remember reading somewhere that brussel sprouts are a lot less bitter than they used to be, due to selective breeding 

Also for all the weird candy enjoyers here, PM me if you want me to mail you a bag of bubblegum, rootbeer, and butterscotch flavored dumdums. I bought dumdums for Halloween because I thought Jolly Ranchers(my favorite candy) would be too much of a choking hazard. But joke's on me, I got no trick or treaters!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023 @990.71 by ivy » Logged

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2023 @278.84 »

Potato chips dipped in ketchup are the thing! :chef:

:ozwomp: my beloved

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2023 @299.47 »

Are you Canadian? We have ketchup flavoured chips here. I grew up not knowing that was a Canadian thing.

Personally I don't really like ketchup in general, which I guess is controversial as well.
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2023 @421.75 »

i agree! potato chips are like *this* close to fries so i think they pair well with chup  :ok:

as for my unpopular opinion, i don't like watermelon. everyone says it tastes sweet but either i have had the worst watermelon luck or i just think the wateryness overpowers any of my ability to enjoy it  :ohdear:
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2023 @425.66 »

:ozwomp: I do not get what the big deal about peanut butter is  :ozwomp:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

Unpopular games that you love, and vice versa

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 51
Views: 3890
Last post September 08, 2023 @637.38
by Sofly
Favourite unpopular musician?

Started by Tommie ΘΔBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 8
Views: 435
Last post July 14, 2023 @740.41
by starbreaker

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi