Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @572.30 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  A new creature enters

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: A new creature enters  (Read 454 times)
LunarLepidoptera

likes point sources of light

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: February 17, 2023 @661.32 »

Hi, i'm Lunar Lepidoptera (or Moth), i'm just now starting to actually 'get into' (whatever that means)
posting on Cool™ forums like this one. I've lurked around a bit and finally feel like i can actually say stuff here. I'm interested in a bunch of random crap, chemistry, biology, all of the computer stuff, weird games/films/music, just whatever gets my mind moving really, and this place seems like a good place for that!
Really just want to see cool things from people and share cool things i find/make, i'm always happy to share ideas :unite:

Most recently I've been into chaos theory and cybernetics, as well as the cool aesthetic things that can arise from them. I REALLY recommend Complexity. The Emerging Science at Edge of Order and Chaos which was published back in 1972, it's not math heavy at all but loosely connects the concepts of chaos theory between all kinds of fields of study that's just fascinating to me.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023 @665.72 by LunarLepidoptera » Logged
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023 @696.12 »

Hi Lunar welcome to the forum  :4u:

That's sounds like a great book  :grin: I might try and find a copy! Iv been thinking about chaos as a general idea a lot lately. Have you come to any personal conclusions or opinions after reading it?

Hope you enjoy your time here!

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
LunarLepidoptera

likes point sources of light

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023 @709.34 »

Hi! The book helped to sort of solidify some long-standing ideas I had floating in my head that I'd stumbled across or heard from other subjects, like memetics and evolutionary economics. Things like the Cambrian explosion could be seen as the same sort of thing as the enlightenment, or the industrial revolution, where there's this huge explosion of diversity in the structure of new things. In the Cambrian explosion, it's biology, in the enlightenment, it's ideas, in the industrial revolution, it's technologies. Through a particular lens I kinda see humanity as one big super-organism making smaller collective organs and stuff. I mean that's not ALL we are that's just ONE single way of looking at ourselves, and there's so many more. And forums like this to me is going back to an interlinked decentralized network of things like a mycelium-root network in the forest, rather than a top-down feeling of forced order.

Also thanks in particular for the link to the intro to web revival, 'cause on some level I knew it was a movement towards this 'older' style and form of websites, but couldn't find a name to call it!
Onio
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Coziest Café Award 2023Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023 @710.16 »

Welcome! I'd like to hear about that as well ^

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi