Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @636.27 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  what game do u want to play but havent yet?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: what game do u want to play but havent yet?  (Read 5610 times)
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2022 @905.51 »

I want to kind of try them out though but I don't know where to start.

On the bright side, waiting so long after a game's release to play it makes things much cheaper. Getting into "the classics" now probably represents one of the best hoursOfEntertainment:moneySpent ratios around.
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2022 @930.22 »

I want to kind of try them out though but I don't know where to start.

On the bright side, waiting so long after a game's release to play it makes things much cheaper. Getting into "the classics" now probably represents one of the best hoursOfEntertainment:moneySpent ratios around.

That is very true! On the other hand I have been keeping up with SOME games, so they still feel like old games to me now. D:

But seriously, do you have any recommendations when it comes to popular games that hold up? No matter how much of a no-brainer it feels like. I enjoy things I can immerse myself in, but cannot relate to most fantasy. My favorite settings are futuristic or contemporary things, or media with something totally unique in it.
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2022 @320.96 »

But seriously, do you have any recommendations when it comes to popular games that hold up?

The original Deus Ex is definitely a classic and plays as well now as it did when it came out. Super relevant themes, great story. My friends reference it about once every two weeks.

If you’re not that into fantasy, my favourite of the Final Fantasies is 8, which despite the presence of monsters and magic is more of a lite sci-fi setting. 7 is also more sci-fi and definitely more popular and has a better combat system, but the world building and love story in 8 is great and I love it and shut up and la la la I’m not listenniiiing.

The Commandos series are an excellent set of squad based strategy/puzzle games where you have to pull off daring missions using each of your soldier’s unique abilities.

Half-life and Half-life 2. If you enjoy those, you can go deeper and play the various other instalments, but equally you can play one or both of those and it’ll be a complete experience.

GTA 3-5. If you can switch off your brain and your morals, these are great, free-roaming satire.

Monkey Island / Day of the Tentacle / Simon the Sorcerer. Classic point and click adventures. Great stories, and very comfy games if they follow the Ron Gilbert design guidelines, which would mean there’s no way to work yourself into an unwinnable position.

Age of Empires 2: IMO the high point of the series. RTS with assorted game modes and historical missions drawn from reality.

I might update this if I think of more, but these are some of my childhood favourites that still hold up.
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2023 @282.01 »

god where to begin... pizza tower, higurashi ch2, ai the somnium files nirvana initiative, my friend pedro, neon white, guilty gear strive... there's so many cool looking games!! and a couple of upcoming games im looking forward to!!
Azure
Casual Poster ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2023 @735.93 »

i've really been wanting to play the great ace attorney chronicles recently (after already playing most of the mainline ace attorney games) but i just haven't been able to find the time!! :(
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2023 @612.27 »

I have mixed feelings about ESO, it does have some good stories to play, but they kinda feel lost in an MMO, your not able to get immersed in it the same as the single player games. BUT its still worth a try!

Speaking of which Id love to play through the old elder scrolls games.. but I find the graphics and limitations always put me off :notgood:

sorry for the late reply. but yeah, its a lot more linear then your average ES game, I'm thinking about getting the Skkyrim Aniversary editions one of these days, specially for the mods. I heard someone created and archelogist museum mod where you can created exhibitions with items you found found all over the game that is crazy.

SilkSkull

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2023 @833.44 »

Resident Evil 4, I have the game, I love the idea, I've watched playthroughs and yet I still haven't taken the time to play it. I'm not sure why, I'm really bad for starting games or shows but once I get a bit in I'm hooked and will usually play or watch something in 1 or 2 sittings

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2023 @934.12 »

I really wanna play MGS 2 3 and 4 but i don't have a ps3 to play them on. I have a lot of games on my "wanna play but they're untranslated" list. SMT 2,if..., and devil summoner, all of the gihrens greed games along with gundam the 3D battle are on there. I have started 3D battle cause its so simple i dont need to read everything, but i'm not done yet.
thesolitarygamer
Jr. Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2023 @871.66 »

Hoo boy
Tubro Overkill, Titanfall 2, Metro, Watch Dogs, ESPECIALLY Psychonauts... It's a lot in my case lmao
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2023 @903.50 »

octopath traveler 2 came out a couple weeks ago and I really want to play but I'm also still trying to get through a backlog of other games. it doesn't help that I keep seeing octopath fanart :ozwomp:

Azure
Casual Poster ⚓︎

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2023 @805.42 »

i'm extremely eager to play the legend of zelda: the wind waker!! i have the game but not the console to play it on yet—it's coming in the mail soon! i'm so excited! :ha:
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2023 @917.62 »

I have so many games in my library that i still need to play, to the point where I don't have the motivation to play any of them. They all just blur together in my head and even if I do begin one, the eagerness to continue it after day 1 or day 2 fades quickly.
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2023 @925.88 »

I'm tempted to get the new Armored Core game coming out at the end of the month, but I still haven't finished Soul Hackers 2.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

View Profile WWW

« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2023 @184.43 »

This new Baldurs Gate look  :blush: SO GOOD :blush:  but im scared of these system requirements... I tried to play demo on my last laptop and it gave me like 5-10 fps...It was completely fried.
Another game i want to play so badly is Sims 3. And again i cant because there is no optimization as i remember and i dont want my new laptop to die too ;(
MrsMoe

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2023 @189.31 »

Considering Psychonauts is one of my favorite games of all time, I think a lot of people would probably consider it a crime that I haven't played the sequel yet  :ohdear:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonEngine - Mini Three.js Game Engine

Started by MelooonBoard ⁇ ∙ Tutorials

Replies: 1
Views: 1646
Last post February 22, 2022 @261.66
by ellievoyyd
Ozwomps Voyage - Playable edition development journal!

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 21
Views: 5066
Last post February 27, 2022 @128.44
by ellievoyyd
What are you playing (or have finished)?

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 145
Views: 13280
Last post July 01, 2023 @725.98
by shevek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi