Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
May 02, 2024 - @302.48 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  MelonLand Minecraft Server

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: MelonLand Minecraft Server  (Read 10104 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2023 @719.51 »

they just killed migration today
This is actually why I can give it away - they killed migration, but they are offing a 90 day grace period where you can give a new copy of Minecraft to any ms account from your old Mojang account :omg:

aww man my skin doesn't show up
Check the wiki! You can install a mod that fixes skins  :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
cuplike
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2023 @720.22 »

This is actually why I can give it away - they killed migration, but they are offing a 90 day grace period where you can give a new copy of Minecraft to any ms account from your old Mojang account :omg:

woww that actually good then, so they're not screwing people who forgot to migrate over! hope someone can get the use of ur copy! :)

read on how i ran a minecraft server on 17 year old cpu: https://mlijeko.me/blog/oldcpu
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2023 @736.25 »

I find it super sad that they just flat out say in the FAQ that skins, capes and all that are just deleted, that your pets lose the name and have to be retamed, and all that. Just business decisions that have negative consequences for players :sad:

It's weird to know my account is gone - the email address associated with it is long gone too, but I had a cracked alpha copy and then bought it in the beta. Haven't played in almost a decade. I used to play like 15h a day on the weekends :grin:

You really don't own anything digital, especially when it's associated with an account that can be moved, terminated, or just go down with no replacement (like the Windows Live stuff needed to activate some older games that is non-existent now).

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2023 @740.17 »

I should actually note: the server quietly enabled cracked mode a while ago; you do not need an official minecraft account anymore to play this server ^^  :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
cuplike
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2023 @773.82 »

I find it super sad that they just flat out say in the FAQ that skins, capes and all that are just deleted, that your pets lose the name and have to be retamed, and all that. Just business decisions that have negative consequences for players :sad:

It's weird to know my account is gone - the email address associated with it is long gone too, but I had a cracked alpha copy and then bought it in the beta. Haven't played in almost a decade. I used to play like 15h a day on the weekends :grin:

You really don't own anything digital, especially when it's associated with an account that can be moved, terminated, or just go down with no replacement (like the Windows Live stuff needed to activate some older games that is non-existent now).

honestly i dont know what would've been worse for this game. on one hand we had a transphobic/homophobic man, but he cared about the game, and on another hand we have massive corporation that doesnt give a fuck for anything but profits. both situations are far from ideal... but microsoft indeed is making a bad business decision with this.

read on how i ran a minecraft server on 17 year old cpu: https://mlijeko.me/blog/oldcpu
WynnDawnstrider
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2023 @877.44 »

Okay so! after getting everything set up for the server I have a few tips for setup on multimc (my launcher of choice) though point 1 can apply to other launchers, I just can't tell you how to do it there. This post assumes you at least vaguely know how to use multimc already and I am not a good place to ask other questions about it unfortunately.

1. Modded minecraft for 1.5.2 does NOT play nicely with modern versions of Java, so you will need to use Java 8. I already had it and it was listed as "jre1.8.0_331" and the recommended version in autodetect.

2. There are a handful of mods for the server that are recommended. The Rei's minimap .zip goes into the mods folder as expected, it will end up creating an extra folder but doesn't seem to need any additional attention.
   LumySkinPatch needs to go into the coremods folder. There should be a button for this on the side that isn't usually there in modern versions of minecraft

3. Optifine and ShaderMod are the two I tried to overcomplicate lol. In older versions of minecraft these would go directly into the .jar file of minecraft and you would delete the META-INF. I was completely missing the button to do this automatically but its in the versions tab. On the right hand side there should be a button to add to minecraft jar. Just navigate to the .zip folders for these mods and select them.

Everything else was relatively straightforward for me at least. Just a couple of odd things if you're like me and the oldest modded minecraft you've played extensively was 1.7.10!

« Last Edit: October 14, 2023 @880.34 by WynnDawnstrider » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2023 @979.62 »

I can confirm following the setup guide; the server works on SteamDeck quite well - I submitted a community controller layout called "Minecraft - Older Java Versions without controller support" which gets things working smoothly ^^ Its very fun seeing older Minecraft on a handheld and the shaders and mods all work well too! - Obvs text chat is a bit of a pain; but for just playing its great!  :ozwomp:

(Note heavy shaders will cut your battery life in half!)

wetnoodle
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2023 @998.24 »

I can confirm following the setup guide; the server works on SteamDeck quite well - I submitted a community controller layout called "Minecraft - Older Java Versions without controller support" which gets things working smoothly ^^ Its very fun seeing older Minecraft on a handheld and the shaders and mods all work well too! - Obvs text chat is a bit of a pain; but for just playing its great!  :ozwomp:

(Note heavy shaders will cut your battery life in half!)

OMG that looks amazing!! I gotta get a steam deck/build something like it (I have some plans for that if y'all would wanna see) Also I gotta check out the server, it's been too long since I've played MC

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2023 @843.65 »

A few minor updates - added better locking on non-forum members which should hopefully stop chest stealing and mob killing around the spawn area ^^ Also replanted the communal crops and disabled crop trampeling!

DeVerge

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2023 @796.72 »

Do people still play on the server? :eyes:  Besides me :3 :4u:

alexela64
Full Member ⚓︎

NEW PLASTIC TREE 5.29 !!!!1!!!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2023 @935.35 »

Do people still play on the server? :eyes:  Besides me :3 :4u:

i was thinking of logging on for the first time soon, i've just been busy with holiday stuff :/ but i'm excited to check it out!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2023 @110.79 »

Do people still play on the server?
I do, but I gotta admit it's only for an hour or two a week, but you'll notice me pottering around spawn on occasion ^^

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2023 @178.00 »

I do, but I gotta admit it's only for an hour or two a week, but you'll notice me pottering around spawn on occasion ^^

i really want to try hopping on more again i just x) hard reset my computer awhile back so i'd have to redownlaod it and its a whoile process..

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
bundleofstyx
Newbie ⚓︎

iMood: bundleofstyx

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2024 @48.25 »

played on the server for the first time today. it was so cute and lovely, not to mention nostalgic being back on 1.5! even though there was no one online, it had such a welcoming and cosy vibe.

i also had a lot of fun sitting in various pools of water.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #74 on: February 07, 2024 @86.06 »

The server is temporarily offline because it appears to have been compromised by griefers :notgood: - I will review the situation over the next few days and rethink the security steps  :ohdear: (They didn't do much damage, but all my chests were somehow emptied and there was a wither at spawn and things were a bit weird!)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024 @90.82 by Melooon » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

MelonLand Wiki

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 10
Views: 2782
Last post February 25, 2023 @762.13
by sig
MelonLand Forum dream!

Started by MelooonBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 3
Views: 967
Last post August 12, 2022 @438.36
by k4jtek
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1635
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi