Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @765.15 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hi!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hi!  (Read 425 times)
doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
hi!
« on: March 04, 2023 @197.87 »

hello everyone! i've had an account made here for a while but haven't found the time to jump in and introduce myself yet. so now i'm doing that :ha:

my name is Surge, i'm freshly-turned-29 and i live in the PNW. i'm a trans guy and my pronouns are he/him.

online i like to maintain my website (i'm always changing it and never satisfied!), collect links to old websites and interesting archived stuff, and look at art. i've long since stopped using the Big social media platforms, like twitter, but i'm interested in getting into things like mastodon and forums, hence me being here :ok: offline, i like to go to concerts, sew badly, go thrifting, collect dragon figurines and random oddities, and take pictures with my digital camera.

some of my interests are queer culture+history, the furry fandom, dragons, luciferianism, goth+alternative fashion, paleontology, retro toy design, and pixel dollz/dressup games/KiSS! i also hang around the CARI discord server, where you'll primarily find me in the Whimsigothic channel. my website has an About Me page with a larger list of things i like and can talk about for hours.

as i said, i've largely moved away from all of the major social media platforms, which has been great for my blood pressure, but it gets a little lonely sometimes so i'd love to make some new Internet Friends here! but be warned; i'm prone to forgetting to post or reply to messages for kinda-long periods of time. if i disappear on you, i probably just saw your notification and forgot to answer, lol.

i don't know how to close this post out so here's a picture i took of a little hanging ape statue at Rainforest Cafe!

Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Welcome Soup!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2023 @204.90 »

You said the magical words "pixel dollz/dressup games/KiSS" and summoned me! I love those so much as well, so nice to meet another fan!

Welcome aboard, hope you will enjoy your stay and stick around!  :unite:

doubleincision

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2023 @209.54 »

You said the magical words "pixel dollz/dressup games/KiSS" and summoned me! I love those so much as well, so nice to meet another fan!

Welcome aboard, hope you will enjoy your stay and stick around!  :unite:

i was actually JUST looking at your site and trying to figure out how you did your dollmakers! your mermaid make is so cute, i love mermaids. i've been slowly chipping away at my own drag-n-drop style pixel doll for several months but i have to revamp the layout to make it a little more responsive, and now it's been so long that i hate the art and wanna redo it :grin: the struggle is real

SilkSkull

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2023 @238.96 »

I love your websites background! Very eye catching yet easy on the eyes. It seems there is a lot of intersection between queer, punk and web revival communities! I hope you enjoy the forums  :cheesy:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

doubleincision

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2023 @374.06 »

I love your websites background! Very eye catching yet easy on the eyes. It seems there is a lot of intersection between queer, punk and web revival communities! I hope you enjoy the forums  :cheesy:

thanks! :cheesy: i just recently cobbled together the current layout and honestly part of what kept me from posting on here for so long was that i needed to get my site looking pretty first. having a messy site feels like entertaining guests wearing a bathrobe and hair curlers lol :TnT:

i think the web revival community probably overlaps with the queer and punk worlds because of the spirit of DIY and community-focus that all three share. the way people in the web revival community share information with each other to help their fellow netizens carve out their web space feels very similar to what i experienced as a baby FTM; everything i learned was through other transmasculine and queer people sharing their knowledge with me, either firsthand via friends or through websites that would be seen as "antiques" now :grin: i distinctly remember, as a trans guy who was discovering myself waaayyyy back in 2010, the first resource i was pointed to was Hudson's FTM Guide and that site's been around since 2004! i've got some other bookmarks that date back even further and they are precious treasures to me. but yeah, i think queer people have always been drawn to the self-published web for that reason. like when you look at the queer section of a Geocities archive like restorativland, it was a particularly densely-populated area of the platform because it was such a useful tool for finding and sharing information with similar people.

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2023 @441.77 »

Welcome! I love the layout and style of your site!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
SilkSkull

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2023 @822.04 »

thanks! :cheesy: i just recently cobbled together the current layout and honestly part of what kept me from posting on here for so long was that i needed to get my site looking pretty first. having a messy site feels like entertaining guests wearing a bathrobe and hair curlers lol :TnT:

i think the web revival community probably overlaps with the queer and punk worlds because of the spirit of DIY and community-focus that all three share. the way people in the web revival community share information with each other to help their fellow netizens carve out their web space feels very similar to what i experienced as a baby FTM; everything i learned was through other transmasculine and queer people sharing their knowledge with me, either firsthand via friends or through websites that would be seen as "antiques" now :grin: i distinctly remember, as a trans guy who was discovering myself waaayyyy back in 2010, the first resource i was pointed to was Hudson's FTM Guide and that site's been around since 2004! i've got some other bookmarks that date back even further and they are precious treasures to me. but yeah, i think queer people have always been drawn to the self-published web for that reason. like when you look at the queer section of a Geocities archive like restorativland, it was a particularly densely-populated area of the platform because it was such a useful tool for finding and sharing information with similar people.

That is a really good point, especially the community aspect, if there's 2 strong communities I know it's queer people and punks. No matter what I've faced in life I've always been able to go back to my community and feel welcomed, I think it's amazing and it shows really well on here!  :grin:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

doubleincision

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023 @9.62 »

Welcome! I love the layout and style of your site!

thank you! same to yours. dark blue website gang :unite:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023 @182.77 »

Hi! Welcome to the forum  :4u:

Wow I have no idea how to interpret that rainforest object, but Im glad you posted it for some reason :tongue: Replying to things can be hard work, I know I sometimes leave replies for weeks, so there will be no judgment here  :grin:

Hope you enjoy your time!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi