Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @203.67 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☑︎ ∙ Events
| | | |-+  ~~~~ Worm Day 2023 ~~~~

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: ~~~~ Worm Day 2023 ~~~~  (Read 1329 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: March 06, 2023 @773.31 »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:happy: WORM DAY  :happy:

To celebrate the worm moon March 7th this year is officially Worm Day :ozwomp: I encourage you to prepare all your worm concentric media to share on the day  :grin: Its important to remember that worms play a vital role in our eco system, they aerate the soil and make way for things to grow; which in turn feeds plants, and us! Without worms there would be no life at all, and even worse, no funky websites :O In short, worms are actually responsible for the web revival and we are simply doing their bidding, I bet you never even considered that!!

Don't forget to visit the forum worm ~~~~

Here is a quick guide to making a worm farm:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Please enjoy The Funky Worm by Ohio Players to get you in the mood!)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023 @778.15 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Anonicus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023 @777.70 »

Hey! I can totally do that (IF I REMEMBER IT AAAA)
I used to like collecting worms on the pavement and seeing them to that squirm when i jsut touch them.
Worms and Caterpillars are cool!

My personal Website: https://anonicus.neocities.org/
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023 @782.35 »

Happy Worm Day everyone!
It's still winter here so unless I go digging for them under permafrost, won't see any for a bit yet.

Big shoutout to Terry's Worm Log on Hypnospace  :cool:

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

Dojidave
Jr. Member ⚓︎

huh?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023 @782.56 »

One of the most important days of the year!!!

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023 @795.67 »

ooh yay, I can share all the worm-related memes I have saved :D

happy worm day!!

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023 @592.63 »

totally gonna draw tons of worms today! will let you know how it goes  :cheerR:

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023 @701.60 »

If anyone is in the UK (or anywhere really); Id like to take a moment to shout out the Earthworm Society of Britain; https://www.earthwormsoc.org.uk this is a society you can become a member of to support and promote worms in Britain!

Ireland does not have anything comparable; but the government here has provided an interesting study on worm distribution around the island! https://maps.biodiversityireland.ie/Dataset/215

(Image form the European Worm Meeting 2022)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023 @721.44 »

Don't have much to say but have a fantabulous worm day!

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
loren
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: ribose
iMood: ribose

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Learning to swim!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023 @742.05 »

shout out to a distant relative of the earthworm, the nematode (aka roundworms)! ~~~~
If all the matter in the universe except the nematodes were swept away, our world would still be dimly recognizable, and if, as disembodied spirits, we could then investigate it, we should find its mountains, hills, vales, rivers, lakes, and oceans represented by a film of nematodes. The location of towns would be decipherable since, for every massing of human beings, there would be a corresponding massing of certain nematodes. Trees would still stand in ghostly rows representing our streets and highways. The location of the various plants and animals would still be decipherable, and, had we sufficient knowledge, in many cases even their species could be determined by an examination of their erstwhile nematode parasites.
-  Nathan Cobb (1914) "Nematodes and their relationships"
nematodes, specifically the species Caenorhabditis elegans, have been used as a model to study animal development since the 1960s. these tiny worms are some of the simplest creatures that have nervous systems, so they have been essential in research on neural circuits. while i've never worked with them myself, i'm having a lot of fun exploring wormatlas.org to learn more. there is a possibly overwhelming amount of information accessible there, so i'd recommend starting with the introduction to C. elegans anatomy or the movie gallery.
appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023 @750.64 »

Oh! On a relative of the humble earthworm, my beloved leeches, the Greek & Latin roots used in the names of their taxa are Bdella & Hirudo! I just think they sound neat

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2023 @854.56 »

Big shoutout to my favorite worm! Although this game was pure evil  :evil:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2023 @859.14 »

I prefer isopods over worms, but worms definetly earn my respect. Odd creatures with lots of odd powers. Which animal can be cut in half and lives on with no problem whatsoever?

Here is another worm hero from a video game: Simply being called "Worm" from Monster Rancher Battle Card 2. Tough guy, far from being prey.

* wormmrbc.GIF (154.29 kB, 857x480 - viewed 33 times.)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023 @880.25 »

Which animal can be cut in half and lives on with no problem whatsoever?
Its important to note that this is largely an urban myth! Please do not cut worms in half, they will not survive! A worm can loose the end of its tail and it can regrow that, but it's still not a nice thing to do at all :sad:

appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2023 @883.69 »

Which animal can be cut in half and lives on with no problem whatsoever?
While Planaria are a type of worm, flatworms are vastly different than annelids such as earthworms or leeches (or roundworms, e.g. pinworms)

(she/her)
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2023 @303.16 »

Allright, myth busted then. Thank you for clarifying! Respect to all the worms out there. Even tapeworms. If you want to lose weight, hire some tapeworms.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Melon's Computer Setup 2023!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

Replies: 11
Views: 2234
Last post May 31, 2023 @951.46
by Melooon
News! Worm

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 9
Views: 2354
Last post November 26, 2022 @820.66
by SilkSkull
Multiplayer Worm ~~~~

Started by MelooonBoard ⚽︎ ∙ Arcade

Replies: 10
Views: 2431
Last post June 13, 2022 @413.32
by Dojidave

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi