Home Help Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 08, 2022, 01:17:31 am
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 15/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: More cats, yess \o/ :4u: :transport: :TnT: :cheerR: :cheerL: :dive: :unite:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Community Zone
| |-+  Chat & Forum Games
| | |-+  What is something about your childhood that you DON'T miss?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What is something about your childhood that you DON'T miss?  (Read 2943 times)
Veezle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2022, 02:10:06 am »

There is so much I could put here... but long story short I just HATED being a kid. Practically every aspect of it.
I hated the fact that I was dumb and very vulnerable. I hated that everyone I grew up around who was older than me looked down on me like I was nothing. I hated the fact that my identity and my life was not that of my own, but was merely a possession of someone else.
As a child I just felt shitty most of the time and dragged on through each day. I'm glad life feels so much better now.

Honestly, the kind of nostalgia I get is thinking about what if things were how I wished it could have been, or if I could revisit the times as an adult.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 12:38:59 am by Veezle » Logged
syx (dead)

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2022, 04:41:39 pm »

mean kids ( one threw a lewgie at me  :-\)
being embarrassed by wearing a jacket
peeing your pants
family...stuff..
mom almost pulling my scalp off to do my hair in braids
having to wait in class/outside 10+ minutes after the last bell because mom/grandma isn't there ( this hurt the most lmao )
crying in class bc math hard
feeling like I had to lie about my math level bc LD/SN
kids puking randomly
FRACTIONS FKJSKFJKS
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 04:44:23 pm by syx » Logged

POOP" width="500" height="50
myry

let's get groovy, mate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2022, 07:35:27 pm »

• Not having control over what I get to eat at all... I remember begging my mom to buy a different yoghurt from the store from time to time, but she always got the cheapest ones that neither me nor my bro liked the taste of (we weren't that poor either, she was just super stingy). Same thing with every single food item.
  • Internet being so goddamn slow, I think ours was like 5 MB... I remember downloading some games for legit 10 hours, and it was the worst when I would put it to download before going to school, and then my parent had turned off the PC while I wasn't home because "I noticed you left the PC on so I turned it off! Don't waste electricity!" dshgjskghs
  • School. It absolutely ruined my motivation and love towards learning for a while, and I was bullied as well. The school drama was terrible as well, and the world felt so small in that sense, like your classmate doing x or y was the most important thing in the world. And being a kid and getting insecure about your hair or face or clothes... Ugh.
MamboGator

Business Gator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2022, 10:56:44 pm »

• School. It absolutely ruined my motivation and love towards learning for a while, and I was bullied as well. The school drama was terrible as well, and the world felt so small in that sense, like your classmate doing x or y was the most important thing in the world. And being a kid and getting insecure about your hair or face or clothes... Ugh.

School is the one thing I don't miss as well. My mom used to say how happy I was as a kid until my first day of school. I did well in most of my classes and it was pretty much the only time I got to see my friends because I lived on a farm and no one I knew lived close by. I was bullied a bit, but never to the point where that was my main reason for not wanting to go to school. For some reason I just absolutely hated it. I would have rather stayed home and been by myself most days, so I faked sick constantly to get out of going.
myry

let's get groovy, mate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2022, 10:47:57 am »

I would have rather stayed home and been by myself most days, so I faked sick constantly to get out of going.

I actually did this a lot as well, haha. I even learned how to heat the thermometer with a lamp.... At some point my parents/teachers were getting worried though, like "you're sick like every month!" so I had to be more careful with the timing as time went on. But yeah, I had pretty good grades as well, so they didn't really view me as a "slacking student" or anything, that's probably why they didn't see through it. I learned to love solitude because of school.
Veezle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2022, 07:42:31 pm »

mean kids ( one threw a lewgie at me  :-\)

Gross. At least it wasn't a sharp rock though like one kid threw at me in the third grade. I still have the scar on my forehead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!