Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @271.79 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 65/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Other songs by "One Hit Wonders"

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Other songs by "One Hit Wonders"  (Read 1157 times)
« on: March 08, 2023 @810.65 »

"One hit wonder" is a term for a musician or band that has only had one major hit, with the rest of their discography fading in obscurity for some reason or another. Popular examples include the Rednex of "Cotton Eye Joe" fame, "Who Let the Dogs Out" by the Baha Men, or "Let Her Go" by Passenger.

But, really, some bands are unfairly called one hit wonders! ... I mean, they still factually are, since they have only had one mega hit, but their other songs might be just as good or even better!

Share some of your favorite songs by artists who are considered one hit wonders!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2023 @811.52 »

I'll start: Gotye, who made Somebody That I Used To Know, has a bunch of bangers; he's not what that song would suggest at all, he actually has a super creative and cool discography behind it:

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2023 @860.81 »

I've been waiting for this specifically for one song!!!! Remember Eifel 65? They made that song I'm Blue. Well they also made a song about playstation games and it is my favorite thing ever!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023 @37.37 »

I've been waiting for this specifically for one song!!!! Remember Eifel 65? They made that song I'm Blue. Well they also made a song about playstation games and it is my favorite thing ever!!!

They also have "Move Your Body", which I think is pretty great.

Wobblegong
Casual Poster

I will wobble once more

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2023 @819.20 »

I feel like a lot of 80s artists in particular get unfairly put into that category

Thomas Dolby (of She Blinded me with Science fame) is probably my favorite though

malice
Casual Poster ⚓︎

take my darkest fears and play them like a lullaby

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2023 @319.69 »

ohhhh my god i cannot recommend evanescence enough! i feel like people only know them for bring me to life (y'know, that song that goes WAKE ME UP! wake me up inside!) or occasionally my immortal (partially due to the infamous fanfic of the same name) or going under, but TRUST ME when i say they are amazing past those songs. also, yes they're still touring, no amy lee isn't dead, yes they sound amazing live. i'll rec about three songs from each of their albums :)

fallen: my last breath, imaginary, whisper

the open door: lacrymosa, your star, sweet sacrifice (my favorite album ever honestly just listen to the whole thing)

evanescence: end of the dream, swimming home, never go back

synthesis: (ok this one isn't a traditional evanescence album rather it's mostly remakes of their old songs but instead of guitars it's a full orchestra and cool synths. it's beautiful and i also recommend going through the whole album) bring me to life, imperfection, lithium (not my personal favs but i wanted to rec something that i didn't mention in the other albums)

the bitter truth: take cover, feeding the dark, yeah right

« Last Edit: June 09, 2023 @322.52 by malice » Logged

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer
Absentmind

i love surfing the world widened web

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2023 @718.63 »

Alien Ant farm are known for their cover of Smooth criminal, however their album Anthology which smooth criminal is a part of is really good and I'd giving it all a listen, my personal favourite in that album is Wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NPLYBIwjjg

grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023 @92.67 »

My favorite band is of one hit wonder fame, so... American authors! They wrote Best day of my life in 2014! And have other great songs!!

Luck by American authors is a song that's very close to me <3 it's about guilt surrounding leaving your childhood home/nuclear family, while also knowing you can take care of yourself.

Everything everything is a happy romance song made for a panda documentary

Deep water it one of their heavier, sadder songs. Very emotional, the chorus is great, and a good break from their happy songs.
Plasmon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2023 @194.21 »

I feel like a lot of 80s artists in particular get unfairly put into that category

Thomas Dolby (of She Blinded me with Science fame) is probably my favorite though

Hell yeah! Thomas Dolby's made so much great music (those are actually some of my favorite songs by him too).

It seems like The Cardigans aren't as much of a one-hit wonder band anymore because of tiktok, but still, their first album fuggin' rocks.

You know those tiny bubbles inside your eyes you sometimes catch? Yeah, I’m trackin’ ’em down as we speak.
lilac
Casual Poster

Just for Fun. No, Really.

View Profile

Story Builder!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2023 @930.05 »

Fountains of Wayne are most known for Stacy’s Mom, however I like their other songs a bit more. I especially like Someone To Love, Valley Winter Song and The Summer Place

CytricAcid
Casual Poster ⚓︎

wait another year, utopia is here

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2023 @217.21 »

Hmm, would The Tubes be considered a one hit wonder? Their only big hit I feel was She's A Beauty, but I'm actually a big fan of theirs in general after discovering them through Todd Rundgren. Maybe he could be considered a one hit wonder if you really knew how versatile he is compared to his few big hits, but maybe not.

They're a pretty raunchy band, but amazingly fun as well. As a Rundgren fan, my favorite albums of theirs are the ones he produced, Remote Control (A concept album about a guy obsessed with TV) and Love Bomb (which was their swan song album) But their debut is amazing as well, White Punks on Dope is super fun and I love the outrageous outfits Fee Waybill put on for the music video. 1 foot tall platform shoes, wow!

Funny enough, going back to Todd Rundgren, he recently did a collaboration with Dolby on his newest album, Space Force.

they/them
villiersterrace
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/They

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2023 @683.02 »

The Waitresses are technically a two hit wonder, but the song most people know from them is Christmas Wrapping. They have other great songs. My favorite song from them is Make The Weather. Their first album, Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful has some pretty good songs on it. Their second album is also good but it's less memorable in my opinion.
lesser known songs that are good: Make The Weather, No Guilt, Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful

I don't know if Soft Cell can be considered a one hit wonder, but their first three albums are all great. I haven't listened to anything they made past the 80's because honestly, I don't think it will be as good. Their first album, Non Stop Erotic Cabaret is the most accessible. It has their most popular song, Tainted Love but all the songs on the album are good. My favorite Soft Cell album is their second album, The Art Of Falling Apart. It is one of my favorite albums in general. It could be hard to listen to for some people because of the subjects of some of the songs, but it is very good. Their third album, This Last Night In Sodom is their most experimental. I personally like it, but there are a lot of people who don't.
lesser known songs that are good: Secret Life, Heat, Forever The Same

Wall Of Voodoo are mainly known for Mexican Radio. I like their first two albums. I haven't listened to the other albums but one of their later singles, Far Side Of Crazy is probably my favorite song of theirs.
lesser known songs that are good: Two Minutes Till Lunch, Lost Weekend, Far Side Of Crazy

myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2023 @691.98 »

It's definitely a bit of a stretch but I always remember Eiffel 65 for this song (mostly for the video), which has its artist listed as the name of the computer generated blue alien:

Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2023 @740.36 »

I was a big fan of the show popstars that created the band Eden's Crush with Nicole Scherzinger. Their one hit was Get Over Yourself, which I loved, but their second single was also amazing Love This Way.

Some people consider Dream a one hit wonder, I don't because they had two hits, the one most people thing of He Loves U Not, and This is Me. I love both equally.

arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2023 @470.58 »

My absolute favourite band when I was a teenager was A-ha...everyone and their mother knows them for "Take on Me" of course, but some of my favourite songs by them are "Out Of The Blue Comes Green",  "And You Tell Me", and "Cry Wolf". Morten Harket has the BEST vocal range in the first song, it's amazing how high a note he can reach!!! [/color][/font]

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3903
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
Case Study - Design elements and hits, should we care?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 1552
Last post April 22, 2022 @82.67
by Icey!
HELP: songs in websites

Started by pancitoBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1123
Last post June 07, 2022 @544.83
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi