Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @437.00 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Other songs by "One Hit Wonders"

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Other songs by "One Hit Wonders"  (Read 1159 times)
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2023 @573.78 »

My absolute favourite band when I was a teenager was A-ha...everyone and their mother knows them for "Take on Me" of course, but some of my favourite songs by them are "Out Of The Blue Comes Green",  "And You Tell Me", and "Cry Wolf". Morten Harket has the BEST vocal range in the first song, it's amazing how high a note he can reach!!! [/color][/font]

I absolutely love A-Ha ever since my mom introduced me to their Scoundrel Days album... That album carried me through a lot of tough school-related bs when I was younger, I would literally sneak in my mp3 player to listen to it

Mo/Otto
Casual Poster ⚓︎

they/them, ecto/ect

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cloudydusk
iMood: cloudydusk

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2023 @653.83 »

Once again, it's my duty to remind everyone that the people who made Caramelldansen are still active :ha:
Seasonal recs: the Caramelldansen Christmas version & Wish Upon A Star (flashing warning?), the other Christmas-ish song they made.

arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2023 @888.92 »

Once again, it's my duty to remind everyone that the people who made Caramelldansen are still active :ha:
Seasonal recs: the Caramelldansen Christmas version & Wish Upon A Star (flashing warning?), the other Christmas-ish song they made.

This makes me SO happy oh my god. Listening to Christmas Caramelldansen right now...that song was my JAM when I was 16

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2023 @368.39 »

I'll start: Gotye, who made Somebody That I Used To Know, has a bunch of bangers; he's not what that song would suggest at all, he actually has a super creative and cool discography behind it:

I was actually gonna answer with Gotye! In particular, I want to spotlight his song "Hearts a Mess". Genuinely one of my favorite songs of all time.

sokil
Casual Poster

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2023 @961.83 »

The Waitresses are technically a two hit wonder, but the song most people know from them is Christmas Wrapping. They have other great songs. My favorite song from them is Make The Weather. Their first album, Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful has some pretty good songs on it. Their second album is also good but it's less memorable in my opinion.
lesser known songs that are good: Make The Weather, No Guilt, Wasn't Tomorrow Wonderful

i *love* the waitresses!!! one of my favorite bands and so criminally underrated. imo, both albums are excellent, but wasn't tomorrow wonderful? is my favorite of the two.

--

i could go on about this topic, buuut...

one band that immediately comes to mind on the topic of one hit wonders is modern english. i wouldn't say they're one of my favorites, but they have some pretty good stuff. everyone's probably heard i melt with you (released in 1982) at least once in their life (but if you've only heard that horrendous 1990 rerecorded version....i'm so sorry). my favorite song of theirs is swans on glass!

villiersterrace
Casual Poster ⚓︎

He/They

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2023 @59.83 »

i *love* the waitresses!!! one of my favorite bands and so criminally underrated. imo, both albums are excellent, but wasn't tomorrow wonderful? is my favorite of the two.

That is so cool!

itspencilz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2023 @129.10 »

The only song I ever hear get played by Blue Oyster Cult is "Don't Fear the Reaper".

Edit: Realized I missed the point of the thread and didn't post other songs LOL.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2023 @142.86 by itspencilz » Logged

Vroom vroom
Snow
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2024 @677.51 »

White Town is pretty much only known for making that one song that became a big hit in the 90s called "Your Woman", but I've listened to all of his other albums and he has made lots of great songs, all of which are far less known. I've linked to an example below:

White Town - Duplicate
plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2024 @708.80 »

My absolute favourite band when I was a teenager was A-ha...everyone and their mother knows them for "Take on Me" of course, but some of my favourite songs by them are "Out Of The Blue Comes Green",  "And You Tell Me", and "Cry Wolf". Morten Harket has the BEST vocal range in the first song, it's amazing how high a note he can reach!!! [/color][/font]

I was just about to suggest this one!! I absolutely love their work.

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2024 @437.57 »

now i absolutely MUST talk about chumbawamba, ykno. the tubthumping folks! did you know that they're an anarcho punk band??
Now you do! this is my favorite song by them, about the tiananmen square massacre

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3903
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
Case Study - Design elements and hits, should we care?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 1552
Last post April 22, 2022 @82.67
by Icey!
HELP: songs in websites

Started by pancitoBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 1
Views: 1124
Last post June 07, 2022 @544.83
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi