Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 23, 2024 - @594.94 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 23/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  What do you blog about?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What do you blog about?  (Read 4686 times)
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2022 @644.56 »

i have two types of blog, one for my photography and video game interests another is more like a personal diary from dreamwith, I used sadgrl tutorial to put a feed to my site.

I don´t I plan much I usually talk about a game I'm currently playing or plant to play and what my htoghhts are on it, sometimes I'm orgazining my photos, and I de be liked this would make a great thing to put on my posts.

As for my personal diary that depends, sometimes I talk about stuff in my daily life, other times just to vent there instead of posting it on social media. or sometimes I post about personal opinions on current stuff, you know.

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2022 @779.90 »

I guess I'm one of the few who focuses on "project-based" posts here, mostly focused on things I've made (miniatures and doll related), or games/gadgets I'm reviewing. I've done the personal thing in the past, but found that I prefer to be a more private person than that, and I do have physical journals for my more emotional needs.

I do have categories in my blog, though, for site updates and thoughts, just in case I come up with anything I want to share. I don't worry too much about staying in one genre, since my blog is mainly there for me, not everyone else, though I love it when people interact with it. The primary purpose of my whole website is to make me happy and serve as a creative outlet, so I go with what feels "right."

Sidenote, I am currently on a mission to make my blog look like Livejournal back in its heyday, because I used to be obsessed with that website and spend a huge amount of time on it in my youth. I'm using the Serendipity blog engine and still learning about how it works, so I've managed to add a "currently feeling" field with custom emoticons to every entry. I eventually want to also add "currently listening" and user icons as well--not like the icons would serve a specific purpose since there's only one poster, but I think it would be fun and cool. :cheesy:

Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2023 @212.19 »

I blog on my personal site, I don't limit myself on topics even if in the blogging community that makes me less likely to get hits or comments, since in that community it's more about niches. I just write about what I like and what I want. My content mangment system is Wordpress so that is a techinically a blogging software but it is also a content mangment system and I liked the categories, and tagging system, and I feel like it overall works for my site and me. Choose what works for you.

You don't need to fit into a niche, write about what you care about, your life, funny childhood stories, you can talk about tv shows or movies, books, fandom, make up you like, fashion, etc. You don't need a schedule, you don't have to do it once or twice a week like a lot of people do, like I only blog roughly twice a month. My warning is not to get too personal about your life, only because you don't know who will find it or use against you. That is one of the reason why when I write about my life, I don't do it in real time.

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2023 @628.16 »

generally i use mine as just a place to write whatever i feel like or as kind of a diary. i can’t imagine my blog is that interesting to other people but i like writing it. really need to update it though haha it’s been months since my last update.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023 @673.48 »

I just recently started my blog, which I've decided to use as a kind of show-and-tell space where every week I write about something I'm interested in, or something new I learned, or maybe something I made or whatever. I'm trying not to adhere to any kind of rules or expectations, so my blog may end up evolving into something different over time~

appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023 @730.73 »

I tend to write about my personal life, though if/when I get around to blogging more, I may dabble more in my TTRPG interests, etc

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2023 @922.57 »

I have various different "genres" of blog post so I organized them in a few categories:

• Thoughts - these are general things I want to communicate with the world, especially about the state of the site, my emotions, new projects, insights about life and the web.
  • Hot Takes - these are blog posts that are opinions of some kind; things that are less "thoughts" about the world but rather rare outlooks or opinions on things. I take care that none of them are actually upsetting, so it's just a silly nomer. I still want to keep them apart from the normal posts.
  • Vinyl Ventures - this is a specialty format that's part of my shrine about everything music; in this series, I take a vinyl (or tape, or CD) at random from my physical collection and react to it for the first time; with opinions, some background and first impressions all inclusive. I actually have never listened to 99% of them because I got them all at once from my dad so this is my way to work through them and make new experiences with music!

I think more specialty formats might follow in the future but I want to actually fill the existing formats to a respectable degree.
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2023 @685.56 »

I pretty much blog about whatever I feel like, or whatever annoys me at the time. For example these are my five most recent posts:

• an essay/rant about why I don't syndicate my posts to corporate social platforms like Twitter and Threads (tl;dr: screw you; pay me)
  • a post about a Blue Öyster Cult song called "Flaming Telepaths" with links to the original, a live version, and various remixes/covers
  • commentary on a Baptist preacher's rant about seeing pride flags on churches that don't do his particular brand of Christianity
  • a progress update on the novel I'm writing, Spiral Architect
  • an expression of contempt for Facebook's new Threads app leavened with opinions on the Fediverse in general and a bit of elitism concerning personal website operators versus people dependent on social media for their net presence.

The deeper you dig into my backlog, the more of a mixed bag it becomes. I'm all over the place because my interests are broad and only occasionally deep.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2023 @767.63 »

once I get my website set up I plan on having a section for my collection-type stuff (bread tags, dinosaurs, pokemon, etc.)

and one for pigeon watching (I also plan on making a pigeon shrine)

and one for like. art and projects I am working on.

maybe a music section or something as well.

pigeons will save the world!!!
Elagabalus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2023 @806.16 »

I often struggle with what to blog about since I don’t really have much interesting to say. But lately I’ve been sharing interesting stories and accounts I’ve come across in the old 16th century books I have been reading.

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2023 @840.67 »

I do two types of blogging! One, I label as a "diary" on my site, where I write about current events, my life and things I've been thinking about lately. The other, I label as "articles", which is where I basically do essays on media analysis, and the topics that I am interested in.

I've been writing things like what I label as "articles" for basically my whole life; I have said this many times before, but I am nothing if not someone who loves to talk and who is an avid enjoyer of things. I used to post them on tumblr (and I still do cross-post occasionally), but they feel more at home on my personal site now.

I began to write a diary as a practice for my mental health, and, honestly, it's made me feel a lot better about myself. Writing stuff down is a good way to help me figure out how I feel about things, why I act the way I do, etc. Perhaps it would be better to keep it private, because at least one irl friend knows about my site, but, honestly, it's important to me that my blog be made with HTML for the customization of it all. And I don't write about anything that would get me in trouble, anyway. I'm not interesting enough for that, haha!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023 @871.19 by Bede » Logged

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Grimlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Harley | He/they |

StatusCafe: dinosaur
iMood: Grimlock

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2023 @118.46 »

honestly i try to blog about things i'm interested in but i'm not in the habit of using dreamwidth to blog so i don't have that many blog entries on my site

Bart of the Clown Lands
Casual Poster ⚓︎

stinker

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2023 @152.06 »

Just like others i blog mostly about my life, try to document some happenings or share music and memes i liked. Also i try to write perfume reviews from time to time. Would like to write about fashion and/or art projects too but unfortunately, as i mentioned somewhere, im not good with words due to some obstacles(language barrier, laziness, shyness...) so i can't write as much as i want :(
I used to blog on Blogspot and it was fun and i miss it dearly... But since i try to learn and memorise html(and got too paranoid somehow) i created separate tab on my site, huge thanks to Sadness and her single page blog code!
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2023 @540.32 »

On my personal website I mostly blog about life stuff and media I've seen, so there are some life updates and movie/game reviews and such... Sometimes I worry about if I should make my blog more interesting lol.

TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2023 @758.32 »

I have always wanted to start a blog! I am planning to add one along with my world building sub-site. I will mostly write about lore, new/old ideas and concepts of my fictional projects. Like a library of detailed facts about my characters, plots, universes and such.

I have also been considering of making a tutorial blog on my main site regarding a variety of art-related subjects. I just need to gather up some cool ideas first. :ok:

And, if ever I get bored, I might as well start a gaming blog in which I will review, comment and write walkthroughs/guides on random games I play.

Personally I feel too uncomfortable of the idea of a personal blog on events happening in real life due to privacy and security worries. :ohdear: I like to keep that stuff for myself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I started a blog!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1029
Last post May 16, 2022 @437.16
by Melooon
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3206
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
I'm thinking of making a blog

Started by MrsMoeBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 3
Views: 1238
Last post July 16, 2023 @208.53
by starbreaker

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi