Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @218.24 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery
| | | |-+  What do you blog about?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What do you blog about?  (Read 5682 times)
Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

... standing on the shoulders of giants.

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2023 @565.08 »

For those of you who enjoy blogging, whether on a personal site or a blogging platform: what do you like to write about? Is it a stream of consciousness, done when the whim strikes, or something you try to keep on a vague schedule? Is it an exercise of getting thoughts off your chest, like a personal journal? Do you like to review or write about media you've watched/read/heard lately? Are your blog entries more project-driven?

There are countless ways to blog -- what do you enjoy? Are there aspects of blogging you don't like as much?

I try to blog weekly, and I write about whatever particular interest held my attention for the past days. It's my way of recording my personal growth over time. Sometimes they can be project-driven, like how I discuss any site changes to my blog. Usually I share brief thoughts on whatever media I've consumed recently, but I'd like to try more exhaustive reviews someday.

Paradoxically, I both enjoy and dread writing blog posts: it's not easy for me to convert my thoughts to written words. Often I wish the blog posts would write themselves :ok: But when I finish a draft, ready for publishing, I feel accomplished.

Mo/Otto
Casual Poster ⚓︎

they/them, ecto/ect

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cloudydusk
iMood: cloudydusk

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2023 @129.69 »

i kinda have a spacehey blog? i wanna use it for non-digital-art creative junk & stuff like that, but i only have the one project going atm that i haven't touched in a few months.... there's a couple personal updates/surveys/miscellany sprinkled in there too.
i don't want it to be a Diary Blog because i already have a private diary that i don't have to worry about not doxxing myself with.
tldr i'm bad at blogging. i'll get it figured out sooner or later. :drat:

bugholder's epiphany
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2023 @923.04 »

Usually just about subjects that are interesting to me or whatever comes to mind at any given moment. Just recently I put out a blogpost on my site talking about Sony's various screw ups with their tech, and before that it was just a small post about how funny things leave the cultural zeitgeist.
Klopnis
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2024 @797.50 »

Wonderful idea for a thread! I just started a blog on weblog.lol (part of the omg.lol ecosystem) last month.

Incidentally, that means I've now got a very rudimentary, barebones Neocities website and a slightly less barebones presence on omg.lol. I love how easy it is to write blog entries and stuff on weblog.lol, and it's got a really nice, unified-looking vibe, but at the same time, I do miss the amount of control I have on Neocities. The trouble is, the main thing I want to do is blog (which I know sounds daft given my lack of inspiration), and I'm not altogether sure that Neocities lends itself to blogging. In the long term, I want to have a single website with everything on it. I feel like my online presence is a bit messy and all over the place right now; and at the same time, I worry that my username (since I use it when talking to my meatspace friends over Discord) doesn't provide me with quite the same level of anonymity as others in this part of the Web enjoy. It's difficult to balance the two impulses!

Anyway, going back to my existing blog, I've only got two posts on there so far: one was my "Hello world!" post, and the other was a post commemorating the 30th anniversary of The Elder Scrolls. So having written those two, now I'm looking here for inspiration!  :cheesy:

One idea I have is to maybe upload some of the essays I did for my Philosophy degree. Some of them are quite interesting (if I do say so myself)! I'm not blogging for an audience, really—my only intention is to blog from the heart and see if anyone digs the same kind of stuff as me. Academic essays aren't my main passion, of course, but I have a load of them saved on my computer already. Both they and the blog are gathering dust, so it makes sense to kill two birds with one Sisyphean boulder, right?

Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2024 @553.43 »

Why do I blog... Now that's an interesting question.

I started my website because it was another attempt at making something myself. I had several blogs before. Blogger, Tumblr, Write.as, Wordpress, etc. My main focus was "I want to tell pople about comic-boks I've read". I don't have people to talk about it IRL so I wanted a place to speak about it. For most of my blogging attempts I wanted to make money out of writing about comics. I wanted to be "the voice that counts" or "that comic blog everyone interested about comics should read".

At every single attempt, it followed the same pattern : I get excited bt the new medium where I publish, I write lots of reviews and stuff like this for a few months, I imagine being the acclaimed comic-bokk reviewer and then I feel bad about my writing, I feel bad about blogging and then I give up. Usually giving up means deleting everything while thinking "Why do I even try, I'm stupid and boring, no one cares". Then a few months pass and I feel "I'm gonna make it this time, everyone will talk about it". I move to another publishing platform, rince and repeat.

When I started with NeoCities, my idea was very very different because I do not want numbers, followers or whatever. I just like to write reviews, if people wants to read it, okay if they don't it's okay too. I shouldn't have started to think about monetizing my free time and trying to be popular. It's the reason why my NeoCities is still going strong after one year, because I don't feel pressured, I don't feel the need to share, link or whatever. It's my corner for my stuff, people are free to stay or leave.

Having my Neocities does a lot of good on my mental health because keeping up a website and writing is more creative than "just consuming" media like scrolling for hours and stuff. I'm being active and using my brain and memory to do something I genuinely enjoy without feeling the need to have viewers, readers or to see my name plastered somewhere "THE comic blog to read !". It's also why I expanded beyond comic-books and it's now a very nice bag of things that I like and enjoy with pleasure. No guilt trip no bad feelings.

So, blogging is a bit of a therapy and some kind of online journal about what I like in life and it's really satisfying for me to see that I can keep up with a website and that I make stuff I want to make, not because I feel obligated to make it.

I hope I'm clear to anyone reading me, my english is far from perfect  :cheerR:
bby
Jr. Member ⚓︎

take my memories of her with u

StatusCafe: bumblebear
iMood: dahliahawthorne
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2024 @974.33 »

usually just site updates and semi personal life updates i'm comfortable sharing if i need to vent. :dog:

i like the idea of blogging (or even journaling), i have a few rss feeds of people online i find interesting and i do really enjoy hearing whatever they have to say. but i hate it when it comes to me: i feel like i am so dull it doesn't matter lol. like is there anyone out there who really gives a shit about my thoughts and feelings that's a complete stranger. and it's not like i do anything notable online either to blog about. like i guess if i made some game mod or software or something, i could see myself blogging about that but i don't have any desire to do that.

it's always been like that, even when i was using various blogging platforms like xanga/livejournal/tumblr/dreamwidth etc. i just prefer lurking for the most part i guess or talking about stuff one on one with people.

makeup and stickers and ponies and myspace.com melonland.net! :ozwomp:

:sleep::wizard::happy:

:4u: digital pet hoard
:mail: wanna be pen pals?
BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2024 @91.47 »

I mostly blog about random things . I use it as a public notebook [?]. I usually blog about my thoughts on the political climate [lots of rants about anti-trans legislation] and also just stuff i found interesting ex. Vocaloid , code , the yesterweb , rpgs ECT.

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Skykristal
Full Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2024 @568.75 »

I mostly blog about my creations! Especially if I want to highlight something. Whenever it be an art improvement, redraw, about my plants, builds etc. in between I also have random stuff, such as an artist meme, my opinions on XY or my birthdays.

I generally enjoy to write about what's relevant to me right now.

I was also thinking to make little guides about things that interest me.

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
Rosesarered
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2024 @827.91 »

Blogging is HARD! I like the idea of blogging, but the reality does not work out for me :tongue:

I tend to try and write a blog entry when I have some big idea that I want to get across to people. The issue with that is I cant write about it until I feel its fully formed in my mind (that can take months). Then the problem is that once you start to write you realize the idea is a lot less formed than you thought!

I love the idea of being able to do quick blog posts about what I'm thinking on a particular day, but that's just not how I express myself, I like to stay quiet until I understand myself.
THEN after all that, in 6 months I read what I wrote and I hate it because Iv moved on and don't think that way anymore! :ozwomp: I don't like the feeling on exposure, even though I do like sharing my ideas. If I could find a way to change Id love to know how!

Do you blog night? If so where and how do you do it?

To tell the truth i blog about..noting! My blogging is very slow and random XD i luv/hate blogging

VelvetSoul
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Till the moon may fall, and the sun may die.

View Profile WWW

A cat for good luck!Joined 2024!
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2024 @810.49 »

For me, blogging is mostly unorganized thoughts that pass through my brain and onto a website. I've had multiple Tumblr accounts for just that.

To be honest I enjoy forums a lot more than other social media but I do sort of miss being able to write my thoughts down every so often without needing to worry about where to post them or if they make sense. It's made me consider making a thread on Tuesdays where I could talk about or show whatever I was up to on Monday while the forum was down. I guess that sort of scratches the itch without being random nonsense that comes to mind every 5 minutes.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I started a blog!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1225
Last post May 16, 2022 @437.16
by Melooon
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 39
Views: 4560
Last post July 26, 2024 @631.31
by spiralstaircase
I'm thinking of making a blog

Started by MrsMoeBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 3
Views: 1448
Last post July 16, 2023 @208.53
by starbreaker

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi