Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 27, 2024 - @488.75 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 78/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Writers Corner
| | |-+  What do you blog about?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: What do you blog about?  (Read 4791 times)
Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2023 @565.08 »

For those of you who enjoy blogging, whether on a personal site or a blogging platform: what do you like to write about? Is it a stream of consciousness, done when the whim strikes, or something you try to keep on a vague schedule? Is it an exercise of getting thoughts off your chest, like a personal journal? Do you like to review or write about media you've watched/read/heard lately? Are your blog entries more project-driven?

There are countless ways to blog -- what do you enjoy? Are there aspects of blogging you don't like as much?

I try to blog weekly, and I write about whatever particular interest held my attention for the past days. It's my way of recording my personal growth over time. Sometimes they can be project-driven, like how I discuss any site changes to my blog. Usually I share brief thoughts on whatever media I've consumed recently, but I'd like to try more exhaustive reviews someday.

Paradoxically, I both enjoy and dread writing blog posts: it's not easy for me to convert my thoughts to written words. Often I wish the blog posts would write themselves :ok: But when I finish a draft, ready for publishing, I feel accomplished.

Mo/Otto
Casual Poster ⚓︎

they/them, ecto/ect

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cloudydusk
iMood: cloudydusk

View Profile WWW

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2023 @129.69 »

i kinda have a spacehey blog? i wanna use it for non-digital-art creative junk & stuff like that, but i only have the one project going atm that i haven't touched in a few months.... there's a couple personal updates/surveys/miscellany sprinkled in there too.
i don't want it to be a Diary Blog because i already have a private diary that i don't have to worry about not doxxing myself with.
tldr i'm bad at blogging. i'll get it figured out sooner or later. :drat:

thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2023 @923.04 »

Usually just about subjects that are interesting to me or whatever comes to mind at any given moment. Just recently I put out a blogpost on my site talking about Sony's various screw ups with their tech, and before that it was just a small post about how funny things leave the cultural zeitgeist.
Klopnis
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2024 @797.50 »

Wonderful idea for a thread! I just started a blog on weblog.lol (part of the omg.lol ecosystem) last month.

Incidentally, that means I've now got a very rudimentary, barebones Neocities website and a slightly less barebones presence on omg.lol. I love how easy it is to write blog entries and stuff on weblog.lol, and it's got a really nice, unified-looking vibe, but at the same time, I do miss the amount of control I have on Neocities. The trouble is, the main thing I want to do is blog (which I know sounds daft given my lack of inspiration), and I'm not altogether sure that Neocities lends itself to blogging. In the long term, I want to have a single website with everything on it. I feel like my online presence is a bit messy and all over the place right now; and at the same time, I worry that my username (since I use it when talking to my meatspace friends over Discord) doesn't provide me with quite the same level of anonymity as others in this part of the Web enjoy. It's difficult to balance the two impulses!

Anyway, going back to my existing blog, I've only got two posts on there so far: one was my "Hello world!" post, and the other was a post commemorating the 30th anniversary of The Elder Scrolls. So having written those two, now I'm looking here for inspiration!  :cheesy:

One idea I have is to maybe upload some of the essays I did for my Philosophy degree. Some of them are quite interesting (if I do say so myself)! I'm not blogging for an audience, really—my only intention is to blog from the heart and see if anyone digs the same kind of stuff as me. Academic essays aren't my main passion, of course, but I have a load of them saved on my computer already. Both they and the blog are gathering dust, so it makes sense to kill two birds with one Sisyphean boulder, right?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I started a blog!

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 0
Views: 1035
Last post May 16, 2022 @437.16
by Melooon
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3221
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™
I'm thinking of making a blog

Started by MrsMoeBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 3
Views: 1241
Last post July 16, 2023 @208.53
by starbreaker

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi