Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @462.40 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 53/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Random Neocities Site Finds!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Random Neocities Site Finds!  (Read 1159 times)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« on: March 10, 2023 @200.63 »

Good evening, folks!   :4u:
Thought I'd make a thread for us to share cool / weird / interesting websites you've found while randomly browsing Neocities!
This thread is more for sites that you feel don't necessarily need a whole dedicated thread created in order to share it! Thank you to @Melooon for giving permission for this threads creation.

I'd also ask that you try and include a screenshot of the site index with your post, or at the bare minimum some kind of description, so people can decide if they like the look of the site before clicking on the link to it. I thank you for your understanding! 
:ozwomp:

I'll start by sharing a couple I've stumbled upon:

This site was made by the webmaster as a cute gift for their girlfriend. I thought it was really sweet, and I liked the little doodles that accompanied the short moments they describe about their relationship! Apparently this site is unlisted, and wasn't meant for random eyes to see but... curiosity got the better of me.  :ok:

Loud Audio Warning!

This site is a re-creation of the 'Granny Cream' page from the videogame Hypnospace Outlaw! This seems oddly appropriate given the premise of the game. I think there were a couple of other attempted re-creations but this one was the best made one I could see. They even got the Hypnospace font as well, which I thought was a great touch!

Not sure what to say about this one... It's a site... about pickles...? Yeah. Pickles.  :dunno:

I look forward to seeing what wonderful and weird sites you've found on your journeys through Neocities!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023 @205.52 by Inkerlink » Logged

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.
-The Ionian Mission, Patrick O'Brian

j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023 @482.77 »

the first site is really sweet!! it's heartwarming seeing the web being used to openly express personal relationships with others :)

this is a really cool personal site featuring a /lot/ of pokemon and supports lgbtq+ folks with a couple of webrings :)

these are just a couple, but it's really fun looking through webrings on my own site, because half of those lead to cool little corners of the internet - a lot of which are on neocities; it also makes me smile seeing sites from fellow forum users popping up occasionally on different webrings, like:

https://mothcore.neocities.org/ on https://www.geocities.ws/jaup/jaup.htm:

mothcore's a nice little personal blog and a fan page for Torchwood and Doctor Who (which also happen to be two of my favourite franchises!!)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024 @397.57 by j » Logged

i go by j, she/they :)
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023 @701.53 »

@Dodge2667 Sorry Dodge, your pics seem to be dead lol
Found another strange one, the 'Toad Burger Fan Club'

Doesn't have much on it, but I just find it funny there are enough pictures of Toad Burgers to make a website out of it.  :ok:

It was in a way the world at the very beginning – the elements alone, and starlight.

Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2023 @915.19 »

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023 @923.34 »

Who here likes dogs?

I love that this website is named after a Homestuck character and has nothing to do with her lol

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023 @930.51 »

I love that this website is named after a Homestuck character and has nothing to do with her lol

Upon further digging, it seems whoever made this has every website matching the handles of the 12 troll kids in Homestuck since all of them lead to identical websites

And further digging seems to suggest every Homestuck character's pesterchum/world equivalent chat handle is the same since I looked up both Dave and John [both of John's handles] and they also lead to the same website

Which I find just. absolutely hilarious

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2023 @21.70 »

Upon further digging, it seems whoever made this has every website matching the handles of the 12 troll kids in Homestuck since all of them lead to identical websites

And further digging seems to suggest every Homestuck character's pesterchum/world equivalent chat handle is the same since I looked up both Dave and John [both of John's handles] and they also lead to the same website

Which I find just. absolutely hilarious

I had no idea I stumbled up on some kind of weird Homestuck-meta web page... thing? lol that's weird

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023 @153.40 »

my absolute favorite sites right now are

Spidermode 63's "42 News"

This is a zany nonsense news site that posts a virtual-newspaper format every few weeks or so! I really enjoy the humor in it and it definitley started to take root in my personality on the net now.. alongside the exclusive "Featured Object" my favorite part are the interviews.

Another favorite is
"I'm Not Ophelia"
this is a story that gets updated on a weekly basis .. im really obsessed with it personally, here's a summary the author posted somewhere
The year is 2012, and gloomy emo kid Lauren Krepshaw is just trying to survive seventh grade. Between schoolwork, a persistent bully, and the encroaching apocalypse, her work is cut out for her. Even worse, her best friend Diana has grown distant after the mysterious death of her sister.

But that’s alright. Lauren has another friend— an online friend named Eris. After a tragedy of her own, Eris takes up residence at Lauren’s home. But trouble follows. Girls around them start dying. Lauren is torn between friendships old and new, all the while grappling with strange new feelings she never dared imagine.

Eris claims that they were fated to love each other. But if so, why does Eris keep on calling Lauren some other name…?

I’m not Ophelia is a modern retelling of J. Sheridan Le Fanu’s Carmilla, exploring its themes through subculture, paranormal romance, and the enduring power of the queer vampire.

(Do not be intimidated by the warnings - this story is not graphic.

Except for the gore!)
i'm actually making fan art for this website right now!

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Zusk
Casual Poster

StatusCafe: zusk

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023 @481.01 »

I 'adore' Shiska's site! This beautiful, hand-made little love letter to the early 2000's.  :unite:  :unite:
Inkerlink
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey, nice to meet you!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023 @635.72 »

https://thepersonever.neocities.org
I love how chaotic this site it.

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2023 @334.87 »

For those who don't know, in the video game Danganronpa 2, the character Gundham Tanaka canonically talks about being a webmaster; he specifically runs a hamster breeding website, which he claims has secret pages about the dark arts. (He is the Ultimate Breeder, for reference, so he's very knowledgeable on the topic.)

Someone took this information and, for multiple years, ran an in-character Neocities page as Gundham, set before the game takes place. It has the blog he spoke of, as well as the secret pages he talked about. Plus, other things that suit a site run by Gundham, like some recipes made with foods relevant to him (specifically namedropping that most are able to be made vegan, which makes sense, as Gundham in-game expresses his sorrow over the meat industry). He also interacted with people on Neocities; he would reply to comments in-character, and would also sometimes comment on other Neocities sites named after DR characters.

And all of this went on for multiple years!! It only recently ended (with it ending at the point where the game's canon would begin). It's probably not as exciting to other people as it is to me (especially people who haven't played DR2), but this site literally changed how I view what personal websites can do.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2023 @337.14 by Bede » Logged

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1910
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 5736
Last post January 26, 2024 @915.29
by Paprika
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4331
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi