Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @88.92 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hi there, I'm Lost!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hi there, I'm Lost!  (Read 426 times)
lostletters
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: March 25, 2023 @369.41 »

:4u: I should have joined a while back, but I'm Lost. I'm excited to join the forum because I'm trying to shift away from using discord (and any other walled garden type networks). I've been bouncing around the yesterweb since late last year. I think it's really fun to tinker with my static site (I use Jekyll) and document my hobbies (stationery, TTRPGs). I sometimes find it difficult to articulate the coding challenges I come across because I'm self-taught (my neopets account is 19 years old, which is about when I started learning HTML), but I really believe in learning in public, so my site has a public repo on github in case it helps any newcomers to adapt any of my code.

Offline, I'm a runner very slow jogger as I'm working on low heart rate training (MAF method), and I also love to cook vegan food.
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2023 @385.03 »

hi lost, i'm dad  :ok: in all seriousness, welcome to melonland! :ozwomp: your site is very cool and it was super interesting to read about your stationery no-buy as someone who once had a very brief phase of obsession with it. using your stuff more thoughtfully and intentionally is epic!!

the slow jogger experience is very relatable. how do you keep at a jogging routine?
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2023 @396.26 »

Hey there, welcome! I saw you around on the Yesterweb Mastodon: glad to see you here!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2023 @819.13 »

Hi Letters! Welcome to the forum!  :4u:

I know you from Mastodon toooo, you are always very kind and favourite my posts :grin: (I really need to start using Mastodon more)

Your site is great, it's very organized and full of interesting information! Also wow your Neopets account is even older than mine, although I never learned any code there, I just liked the breadfish... maybe we should make a thread to collect everyone's Neopets profiles  :omg:

Anyway, hopefully you enjoy the forum  :ozwomp:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
SilkSkull

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023 @839.70 »

Welcome!!! Do you have any good beginner vegan recipes???

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

lostletters
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2023 @391.79 »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  :transport:

As far as maintaining a running habit goes, running slower has made me enjoy the activity way more, because, 80% of the time, I’m training at a pace where I’m easily able to talk, so I don’t dread working out. During the run, I practice gratitude for my body, the weather, my safety, and any nature I see. I also really love cheering other runners on. If you don’t do this, try it! It’s so nice exchanging smiles and encouragement.

I’m glad to see some familiar faces from mastodon. I never used the bird site much, but I’m loving the lack of commercialization/ads on mastodon. It’s also so nice to see more frequent updates from yesterweb folks to connect beyond guestbooks.

+1 to a neopets thread! I think many use modernNeo, but I can’t just drop the original account I poured so much into (plus I’m hoping I’ll get lucky one day and get a really good lab zap)!

Here are two of my go-to easy vegan recipes!
1) red lentil soup - https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-red-lentil-soup-recipes-from-the-kitchn-212392
2) Easy Thai Pra Ram Tofu (Spinach & Peanut Butter Sauce)  - https://vegetariangastronomy.com/easy-thai-pra-ram-tofu-peanut-sauce/
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi