Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @981.34 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 97/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Howdy

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 420 times)
2spooky4myshirt

iMood: 2spooky4myshirt

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 01, 2023 @883.39 »

How's it going? Y'all can call me Spooky and I'm exited to be here. I missed forum culture and am glad to have found it again.
Though I am still just as bad at coding as I was as a kid.

I'm an amateur writer and avid reader always willing to discuss stories with folks. Big fan of horror but I'll read anything.

Glad to be on here and looking forward to chatting with y'all.
fieldofhate
Newbie ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: FidgetoftheField

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023 @896.56 »

hi  :loved:
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023 @905.68 »

Welcome to the forum! I enjoy reading, too-- mostly horror and sci-fi when it comes to fiction. Nothing's very fresh in my mind at the moment, but I'm hoping to find and read Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" soon.. I've still got Salem's Lot to go through first, though.

Anyway, I have one site saved that you might(?) enjoy: [Link] --I can't confirm the accuracy of any of the informational text here, but it's interesting to read.

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
2spooky4myshirt

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023 @21.11 »

Thanks for that link, I'm digging the art on this story already. I'll give it a read this evening.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2023 @61.01 »

Hello, welcome 2 the 4um  :ha:

Omgosh, what a spooky avatar! I went downstairs earlier and the emergency light was shining on a random glove on the table so it looked like it was glowing green... sometimes I worry I live in a horror and Iv just not noticed yet  :ohdear: But maybe Im the ghost  :evil:

Do you have any horror recommendations?

Hope you enjoy your time here and the forum lives up to your memories!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
2spooky4myshirt

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023 @619.57 »

I have a significant number of horror recommendations, but recently read a very good one. Dead Silence by S.A. Barnes.
Its about a small maintenance crew out in space discovering a luxury cruiser that had gone missing a decade ago, taking with it all its extremely wealthy occupants. The crew decides rather than report it in they will take control of the ship and fly it back to mapped space. Naturally what caused the ship to go missing is still waiting for them.
The setting is 10/10, the mystery kept me guessing (genuinely did not know if the scary things happening were supernatural or sci fi in origin for most of the book)
And it gets bonus points for handling mental health well. The narrator has been seeing hallucinations since she was a child. And while most horror stories would make the schizophrenic part of the tension. Her history and years of therapy meant she was better at telling whats real and whats her mind being messed with so she managed to push through most of the ghostly things.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi