Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @242.58 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 54/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Tell me about your tattoo(s)!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tell me about your tattoo(s)!  (Read 881 times)
Snackish Magpie
Casual Poster ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 08, 2023 @892.37 »

I've got a booking coming up for my 5th tattoo, and I'm excited if not a little nervous! So in the meantime I wanna find out what yous have etch-a-sketched onto yer lovely selves   :4u:

Also, does anyone else REALLY struggle with placement? 'Cause that's my biggest trouble each and every time! So many factors to consider  :dive:
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023 @62.31 »

Oh, I feel you on the placements. That's most of the reason I haven't gotten any tats in the past couple years.

All but one of mine are music-related. My main two are ones I designed myself on my inner forearms that are a mashup of Alkaline Trio/Matt Skiba & The Sekrets songs and tarot cards. I have another Alkaline Trio one on my thigh that was more of an impulse decision.

I also have The Lawrence Arms on the back of my neck and The Cure on my ankle.

The only one not music related is a tribute to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on my wrist.

Not sure which one is gonna be next... I'm gonna be relocating within the next week so I'm gonna have to find a new artist anyway.
tombofnull
Newbie ⚓︎

World Wide Worm

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2023 @391.76 »

May your coming tattoo heal well :D

I have several, most of them I did myself during my brief apprenticeship. I have a couple of mushrooms, an earth worm, and nature things, along with a test patch that I want to tattoo over later.

If it helps: when I design tattoos, I like to design them to work and flow with the shape of the muscle it'll be tattoo on. For example, long or tall tattoo designs might work better on your forearms or legs. When in doubt, your tattoo artist will likely be open to giving suggestions or put a stencil in different places before you commit to any particular spot. :]

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023 @904.58 »

Also, does anyone else REALLY struggle with placement? 'Cause that's my biggest trouble each and every time! So many factors to consider 

I used to, until I gave my artist a general area and let her pick the best placement aesthetically! Also hi, I realise this is an old thread but I wanted to show off one of my most favourite tattoos! And I also wanted to check in and ask how your 5th tattoo experience went, if it's happened?

It's a little old at this point, but it is by far one of my most favourites. It's in reference to my favourite game series ever: Kill The Past. I made a page for the series on my site!
doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023 @58.15 »

i don't have as many tattoos as i want to have, i want to be covered head to toe in cool little pictures :ok:

but my two favorites are my Rattoo (this one was a free apprentice tattoo, and my most recent) and my Berlin Archaeopteryx on my wrist:

neither have any super deep significance to me, but i do relate to the rat as a symbol of an innocent creature that has been assigned a villainous persona against its will. the 'pteryx is just because i love dinosaurs and i think this particular fossil is pretty :4u:

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2023 @67.93 »

but my two favorites are my Rattoo

Rattoo siblings! Love both the ones you've posted, but I think I'm at least a little biased towards favouring the rat!

(Sorry image is a bit blurry!)
doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2023 @70.15 »

Rattoo siblings! Love both the ones you've posted, but I think I'm at least a little biased towards favouring the rat!

(Sorry image is a bit blurry!)

RATTOO GANG :unite: yours is so cute! simple black linework tattoos are my favorite, they're like having a little sticker collection on your skin.

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2023 @72.71 »

RATTOO GANG  yours is so cute! simple black linework tattoos are my favorite, they're like having a little sticker collection on your skin.

Thank you so much! I really love yours too :cheerR: !!!

And I agree, I have one colour tattoo and it was enough to decide I don't like colour on my body haha... Simple black linework to give off that patchwork feel is my absolute fav style, both to see and on myself!
dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2023 @77.63 »

HELL YES! IVE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS  :ozwomp:

Right now I have one tattoo and it's of a pansy! I would take a photo but It's on a personal space of my body xD
Pansies are a very important flower to me because its my grandma's favorite flower and its kinda symbolic of my childhood. My moirail did it for me,, sorry for homestuck terms in 2023..
Also, pansy flowers are pretty queer  :innocent: kinda a double entendre

I'm planning on getting another tattoo soon and it's gonna be a Keith Haring dog on my ankle since I really love Keith Haring's work and it has got me thru a lot in my life and the keith haring dog is one of my favorites of his, i made pronoun pins for my school GSA a few years back where they were all keith haring themed and i intentionally made the he/him pin have the dogs on them : )

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Snackish Magpie
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2023 @916.67 »

Aaaa hello hello I am so terribly late coming back to this! But it was a joy to read all the lovely responses and see your fab tats!  :dive: And love the rat-tat solidarity happening!

I got my tat about a month ago and she's lovely! Handpoke tattoos are therapeutic to get  :dive:  Taken quite a while for me to settle back into my own skin since she's my first front-facing tattoo, but think I'm about there now  :ha:

...neither have any super deep significance to me, but i do relate to the rat as a symbol of an innocent creature that has been assigned a villainous persona against its will.
Yesss I feel the same about my woodpigeon tattoo! Not as looked down upon as street pigeons, but still, justice for pigeons  :unite:

...Also, pansy flowers are pretty queer  :innocent: kinda a double entendre
I have a lavender tattoo which also feels like a myriad of meaning! A beautiful plant with calming anxiety relieving properties, also reminds me of people/animals in my life who have passed, and feels a bit of a tribute to bi-ness (maybe the purple? Or the phrase "lavender menace?"
« Last Edit: June 04, 2023 @918.73 by Snackish Magpie » Logged
Snackish Magpie
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2023 @460.31 »

I'm back to share a semi-planned tattoo I got this last weekend, I love 'em loads! They share space with my woodpigeon  :loved:

The itchy period is beginning though, oh I forgot how BAD machine tats itch!!

devils
Full Member ⚓︎

Oh? What's that?

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2023 @483.72 »

Dude, no way! I had my first tattoo done just yesterday!!
It's a drawing of Maromi from Paranoia Agent I did last year. Paranoia Agent was incredibly influential in my artistic journey and it means a lot to me :)

Remember to eat dessert <3
CaffeinatedElf
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lover of caffeine

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2023 @427.06 »

I have only one tattoo, I got it a month ago while out in middle of a desert, I was bored so I decided to make a homemade tattoo, I had a bottle of stamp ink, and a sewing needle. So I made smiley face on my forearm  :smile:

Its sort of faded now but I like it that way.

* WIN_20231102_04_07_51_Pro.jpg (144.7 kB, 1280x720 - viewed 12 times.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2023 @430.01 by CaffeinatedElf » Logged
wetnoodle
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2023 @651.18 »

I want many more than these two but so far these are mine!

Gyro from Jjba: Steel Ball Run

Safecamp symbol (circa survive is the main reason I have it)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023 @20.65 by wetnoodle » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

tattoos and piercings

Started by QuinnBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 2
Views: 357
Last post July 05, 2023 @384.78
by SquidDied

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi