Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @301.49 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Weird/unique pages on your website?!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Weird/unique pages on your website?!  (Read 1267 times)
TYOMA !!
Casual Poster ⚓︎

all play and no work!

iMood: helianthuspetal

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: April 11, 2023 @402.97 »

Across many a personal website I have noticed alot of us have alot of similar things on our pages - About Me pages, links to other sites, shrines, maybe a blog or journal. Not that that's a bad thing obviously! Everyone brings their own particular energy/vibe to each page and you can have alot of differing information and visual styles to make these pages.

HOWEVER... something I always find fun is when I'm browsing and I find something that I haven't seen on a personal site before (or at least not very often)! Melon's E-mail comes to mind as a neat example - I don't usually read other people's e-mails, you know?? These kinds of things always get my mind going and make me think - huh, what interesting stuff could I bring to the table on my site?

So I ask you: what kinda unique/one-of-a-kind/interesting things do you have on your site?? I'll go first: I've got a page that goes into detail about the Christian angelic hierarchy. It's pretty short at the moment, but I would really love to add some more info to it when I get the chance.

now, we're not insane, we're just pretending... 'least i think we are...
well, who really cares that much anyway?
Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2023 @420.19 »

edit: forgot about my small plant projects page that you can access via the homepage (its not linked to my actual plant collection page, might do that sometime). I am trying all sorts of growing experiments and writing it down there.

awesome topic, I like discovering one of a kind things.
Personally, I would say my oc world. OCs aren't very "one of a kind" on websites, I see them a lot but worlds on the other hand are something I almost never see. If I see OC related websites it's just closed species related, a webcomic, novel etc. rather than going in-depth about regular characters aka a private/personal thing and not some guide.if someone knowns any hmu I love discovering this stuff

I also wanna mention my collection. collections are of course extremely common BUT not physical ones. actually owning items, not just taking pretty images which are the type of collections I usually stumble across.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023 @74.72 by Skykristal » Logged

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
Mayflower
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I slay all day

iMood: Azalea

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2023 @841.08 »

I cant really say I have a very unique website in terms of contents.
There is The ITL Leaderboard I made for me and my friends (ITL Being a Dance Game event, lasting ~3 Months) where you can see everyones score in a neat format which breaks on mobile.
Its a really nice little feature, but besides that theres only one other thing you might be able to call unique which is the Old Layout of my Main page (The Need For Speed Layout) that was styled after one of my favorite games.
Im quite fond and proud of how it looks, unfortunately it really likes to break on set ups that arent mine

But I enjoyed making it so oh well :]

Im so ⦜⠱⸣⃲⼭❌ⶳ℟♯◃❤⑬⇤⌂⤞Ⲯ⸚⃠⎳⎞⮌⥣ⱨ :cheerR:
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2023 @891.90 »

Not extremely unique or weird but I'm reworking my neocities sites at the moment, but one of them has a dice roller I intend to keep up after the redesign too :ha: I play my pen and paper games online with people and the groups differ on the preferred way to roll (physical, bot, dice roller sites..). After WotC took down their dice roller page, I wanted to make my own. It doesn't yet have a custom field where you can enter stuff like 3d4 instead of rolling d4 three times manually and adding it up, but that is next on my list.

Another page of mine has a button that shows you one of my poems, one at a time.

* image.png (37.39 kB, 502x505 - viewed 42 times.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023 @894.10 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2023 @547.19 »

Hmmmmmm. On my website, there is information about my dialect and local culture, and I will add more. I guess you don't really find that in a lot of places, considering there is not that many of us.
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2023 @648.46 »

I have a lot of ideas for unique pages I haven't finished yet, like a fictional field guide for my fictional forest and a choose your own adventure game that lets you explore said forest. I think maybe the most unique page I currently have is my events page that I plan to change for different holidays and stuff? Of course, I got the idea from someone else so it's not truly unique haha

worlds on the other hand are something I almost never see.

this is something I'm currently working on! I have a page right now with short blurbs about my different worlds, but eventually each world will get its own page detailing the lore, world map, political struggles, important characters, etc.

princemaggots
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mew... <33

StatusCafe: hellspit
iMood: princemaggots

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2023 @661.97 »

I don't really have anything unique on my main site atm, though I would at some point (when I get time to scan all of them) like to have a page dedicated to my cd collection including the lyric books and cd designs ! I think I have about 60+ cds atm, so it's definitely going to take a bit - but I think it would be fun :3

On one of my secondary sites though - which I made to serve as an about page, I have a terminal that runs some basic commands. It even includes a hidden file you can find if you know how navigating a directory via the terminal works :3 I've never seen anyone do anything similar, especially in plain HTML/CSS with JS. It even works on mobile through the direct link here, though I wouldn't recommend it because its a lot harder to type commands xP
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023 @664.24 by princemaggots » Logged

Scrib01
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Cutest Psychedelic Egg!

iMood: Scrib01
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Infinite Egg TortureJoined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2023 @703.07 »

I like all these interesting ideas for cool pages posted here.
Its got me re-thinking my idea for a "Exploration Zone" on my webpage. I'd written it off as too complicated a while ago but this has got me thinking it would be interesting to try!

At the moment I have an egg hunt on my website. As my whole thing is eggs, I thought I would add an egg hunt.
They all link to fun youtube videos I enjoy. There are three at the moment but with the exploration zone, it would allow me to hide more!  :cheesy:

"Still know nothin' 'bout me!"

rissi8357
Newbie ⚓︎

oh no

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2023 @589.05 »

i'm nowhere near completion yet, but im going to have my site feature "digital grimoire" of sorts. you know how witchy people tend to have their own books where they keep their favourite spells, crystal/herb/astronomy knowledge, and whatever else? well im gonna try do that, but on my website. it'll mainly be a personal thing, but hopefully if the right kinda person stumbles across it, they might find it intersting/informative too ^^

rissi :)
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2023 @927.56 »

Not my site (yet) but I've seen two site offer options to 'destroy' their website (not for real, as a joke) by pressing a button, and I think that's hilarious. I wanna add that to mine some time, but I am yet unsure what exactly I am going with. Maybe burning it down or an explosion? :P

I am talking about yapi's nuke button or lu's destroy button.

Edit: Nevermind, just implemented something like that :> you can find it.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023 @968.33 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
minttea
Casual Poster ⚓︎

very tired...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2023 @835.69 »

Oh, for sure, I'd have to say my hidden journal pages. I wanted to hide some secrets on my site, so I've coded up a hidden journal layout! I need to hide a few more, but once I've got a few more, I think it'll add a very interactive element to exploring my site!
Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2023 @668.67 »

I suppose the most unique page on my blog is my HTTP 418 page, inspired by the Hyper Text Coffee Pot Control Protocol.

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2023 @818.53 »

Dunno if this is weird enough, and it started as a post on Reddit's r/fantasy, but I have this old post where I geek out about C. L. Moore, a pulp sff writer whose career ran from the early 1930s through the 1950s. She met her husband Henry Kuttner when he wrote a fan letter to her without realizing that she was a woman since she published under her initials to avoid misogynistic stigma and to avoid getting in trouble at her day job.

https://starbreaker.org/blog/catherine-lucille-moore-queen-pulps/

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2023 @786.98 »

i need to add some of my newly found orca friends, but i have the orca sanctuary on my page :)

Yukari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

RISK IT for the BISCUIT

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2023 @890.79 »

https://lugaw.gay/s/e/c/r/e/t

not really a secret because one of the fake ads on my homepage links to it hehe

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 58
Views: 5166
Last post February 18, 2024 @998.30
by mittens
What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 13
Views: 3002
Last post November 11, 2023 @846.81
by wetnoodle
Website example page

Started by Icey!Board ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 3
Views: 1800
Last post December 16, 2021 @285.10
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi