Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @358.99 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Concerts

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Concerts  (Read 2036 times)
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 16, 2023 @705.97 »

Noticed there wasn't a thread for concerts on here so I EVILLY and SINISTERLY made my own.  :ok:

Last night I saw Molchat Doma live in an outdoor venue and it was one of the first times I had been to a concert. It was really fun! The opener (Nuovo Testamento) was really good too. Well worth my feet hurting like hell for the next few days lol

Does anyone else have any interesting/cool concert stories?

Audball
Casual Poster ⚓︎

WOE BE TO THOSE WHO SEE!!!

iMood: audball

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023 @724.56 »

It's been Forever (pre-covid!) since I've been to any concert, but the one's I went to back then were pretty fun!

One of the last ones I went to was a local hardcore punk show in a local downtown dive bar. Chipped my tooth in the pit (caught a stray elbow, and the chip is tiny so it never ached or anything), and nearly took out the guitarist.

The floor of the pit was covered in spilled beer that had not yet gone all sticky, so the floor was REALLY slippery. I was doing my thing in the pit when someone came up behind me and just Threw me forward! I just remember a bunch of shoving and then just seeing the guitarist for the band getting RAPIDLY bigger as I slid toward him. Thankfully the bouncer guy caught me before we connected, dude was chill.

Wish I could remember the names of the bands, but I was just far too gone that night. Those two moments in the pit are really all I remember of the show!
Memory
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2023 @642.50 »

I struggle a lot with concerts, mostly because I have sensitivity to sound and being in such a loud space often overwhelms me too much— though I don't mind as much so long as I'm very far away and sitting down LOL! Like at big arena concerts, where I saw P!nk live!

Nowadays, the only gigs I go to are my brothers to show support, but they're mostly held in small enclosed bar type spaces which has it's own difficulties of being too crowded for my liking. I'm not much of a live music fan anyway, even when I went to Download Festival in high school. I saw Slipknot and Iron Maiden live, and while that was cool and all, I couldn't help but think how much better I'd feel at home LOL.
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2023 @661.41 »

I struggle a lot with concerts, mostly because I have sensitivity to sound and being in such a loud space often overwhelms me too much— though I don't mind as much so long as I'm very far away and sitting down LOL! Like at big arena concerts, where I saw P!nk live!

Nowadays, the only gigs I go to are my brothers to show support, but they're mostly held in small enclosed bar type spaces which has it's own difficulties of being too crowded for my liking. I'm not much of a live music fan anyway, even when I went to Download Festival in high school. I saw Slipknot and Iron Maiden live, and while that was cool and all, I couldn't help but think how much better I'd feel at home LOL.

I'm autistic and have some of the issues you have (I hate loud sound, bright lights, heat/sweat, etc) and assumed I wouldn't enjoy concerts for a long time, same with clubs. But I ended up enjoying them and I have no idea why... Because if I described my concert experiences to my past self it would probably tell me "that sounds like sensory hell!"  :ok:

Memory
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023 @663.14 »

I'm autistic and have some of the issues you have (I hate loud sound, bright lights, heat/sweat, etc) and assumed I wouldn't enjoy concerts for a long time, same with clubs. But I ended up enjoying them and I have no idea why... Because if I described my concert experiences to my past self it would probably tell me "that sounds like sensory hell!" 

Hello fellow autism haver :-). For real though, I think the next time I go to one of my brothers gigs I'll have to try wearing my ear defenders! They're so helpful when I have to go and do my weekly grocery shopping, so I can imagine they'd help loads at a concert setting. Maybe I do enjoy concerts, I just need to tailor my experience a little more!

I'm glad you're able to enjoy them without much issue!  :cheesy:
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023 @671.72 »

Hello fellow autism haver :-). For real though, I think the next time I go to one of my brothers gigs I'll have to try wearing my ear defenders! They're so helpful when I have to go and do my weekly grocery shopping, so I can imagine they'd help loads at a concert setting. Maybe I do enjoy concerts, I just need to tailor my experience a little more!

I'm glad you're able to enjoy them without much issue!  :cheesy:

Yeah! It's always good to find accommodations that work for you :) Best of luck!

lonelyjuly
Casual Poster

space, man

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lonelyjuly
iMood: lonelyjuly
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2023 @686.60 »

In my job field, I have to frequently work during concerts so I guess you could say that I "attend" them a lot.

The most recent concert I worked was for an indie rock artist named Snail Mail. It's not really my taste, but interesting nonetheless. They had bands before her that was like Water From Your Eyes and someone else who I can't recall.

Other than that, my favorite concert I went to was Ozzy Osbourne years and years ago.

>"He who enters the arena is infinitely more honorable than he who watches from the stands"

appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2023 @732.87 »

Playing viola for most of my time in school has led to me gaining a deeper appreciation of how stressful the preparation & performance can be for concerts. Speaking of, our concert for the strings program is tonight. It'll be my last concert in the program, which is odd to think about.

Update: It went great! I cried when they played a song for us two seniors graduating : (, but it's fine because my teacher did too.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023 @592.74 by appleAlc » Logged

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
Memory
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023 @758.87 »

Speaking of, our concert for the strings program is tonight. It'll be my last concert in the program, which is odd to think about.

Wishing you lots of luck and good times for your concert! Hope you have fun :transport:
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2023 @828.60 »

I've only seen local concerts that just happened to be around, but I can't quite say I.. enjoyed them? Or hated them.. even if the music wasn't horrendous. During any event like that, I'm usually stiffly standing somewhere away from the crowd (if possible) and wondering exactly why everyone else acts so strangely as I watch their behaviors. Then I decide I'm bored and would rather be home watching VHS tapes or reading a book alone..

Similarly to @awhe and @wygolvillage , I am abnormally(?) sensitive to sensory input. Mostly lights, sounds, and smells. I've never been to a large concert, but the horror of being surrounded by hundreds of people with no clear escape while my senses are violently pounded into dust with flashing lights, absurdly loud instruments, screaming, and.. various smells is beyond my current comprehension. Extremely emotional atmospheres are my own mortal enemy as well.. I would have absolutely no beneficial reason to go unless it was to make a friend happy :O[

I've seen Korn live but I didn't quite like the experience since I was in a very bad place in my life but I'm seeing Depeche Mode in October!  :4u:
Oh man, Depeche Mode, Black Flag, and The Cure? Someone after my own heart!
Oh, Depeche Mode?... You know, I don't think I'd be too averse to going to a Depeche Mode concert..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2023 @670.02 by Commodorn » Logged

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Y2KStardust
Jr. Member ⚓︎

ooh, what does this button do??

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2023 @355.42 »

I'm going to a concert in June for a band I adore and actually wanted to see pre-COVID at a festival but didn't end up seeing; I could NOT be more excited esp. since they've added a new member recently!!  :loved:

I had to call the accessibility department of the venue, my chronic pain means that I'm somewhat concerned about seating and wanted to check where I was... EXCEPT. I accidentally bought a perfect or near perfect seat?? Plus, I can apparently weave my way from the floor entrance to my seat, rather than climbing a billion stairs :'0

She said, even though it says restricted seating, that she can't see any barriers beyond what's normal for that area; a small little barrier between us and the stage. PLUS I'm close to front row with a chair to sit in ;-; Nearly exactly what I wanted! I would like an accessible floor seat but I understand that's somewhat of an oxymoron, the point of floor is usually to stand/mosh a bit :P I'm actually kind of keen to see how mosh goes at this event, apparently this band is well known for a more playful moshing atmosphere?

I'm somewhat nervous bc I have the same aforementioned issues with sensory input, but luckily I've had that knowledge long enough to figure out some work arounds, I plan on bringing my Loop earplugs to the concert and lots of fidgets for if it gets too much.

I have heard that, for those of us who were talking about how concerts AREN'T overloading, that somehow it being an experience we choose to put ourselves in makes the difference? Like, personally I have fewer issues when it's an event I *want* to be attending, so that might be an interesting thing to think about  :ok:

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2023 @554.24 »

I have heard that, for those of us who were talking about how concerts AREN'T overloading, that somehow it being an experience we choose to put ourselves in makes the difference? Like, personally I have fewer issues when it's an event I *want* to be attending, so that might be an interesting thing to think about  :ok:

Huh, that makes sense. And it applies to me too, now that I think about it! Mystery solved  :ok:

Since I mentioned clubs before, I think something that also helps me avoid sensory overload is that you can leave a nightclub at pretty much any time rather than be required to wait until the night is done. Obviously that doesn't apply to concerts but it is nice

Hope you enjoy the concert you're going to in June, btw! I'm seeing The Cure in June and I'm super excited for that

dotmidi
Sr. Member ⚓︎

i have grown accustomed to your face...

iMood: dotmidi

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Graduate '23Pocket Icelogist!Pet BatCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2023 @589.53 »

I've seen Korn live but I didn't quite like the experience since I was in a very bad place in my life but I'm seeing Depeche Mode in October!  :4u:

Also a band performed for my school called Gooding and I think they were pretty cool, they mainly do tracks for TV shows though  :tongue:

I'm considering seeing The Cure at the end of the summer but IDK yet, I heard Black Flag is also on tour soon so I'm kinda tied,, Black Midi is also on tour and their tix are only $25  :innocent:  :innocent: lotsa bands I love are on tour.. So many decisions

From time to time
I may speak in cliché
It's a sign of my age
What can I say?
Memory
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2023 @647.01 »

Oh man, Depeche Mode, Black Flag, and The Cure? Someone after my own heart!

I haven't got any concerts planned at the moment as I've been in a transitory period in my life so things have been hectic and I haven't had any spare cash. But things are looking up so maybe sometime soon.

I know Alkaline Trio is working on a new album and Matt Skiba's new side project LEKTRON exists so no doubt I'll be seeing something on that front. I can't not. Alkaline Trio is a part of my personality at this point.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2023 @651.57 »

Iv been to plenty of small local ones in pubs and stuff; but I've only been to one proper big one! In 2018 when I was traveling around the US I was in Washington DC for my birthday and it was the same day Lorde was playing at a club there - the ticket was SUPER expensive, but hearing Ribs live was worth it  :ozwomp: It was also really nice to see how diverse the crowd was, there was just about every age and background represented!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi