Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @477.33 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  ⁉︎ Community Events!
| | | |-+  VRchat Worldhop Meetup 04-23-23

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Worldhop Time (IN CDT)
Friday April 21st 5pm   -1 (14.3%)
Saturday April 22nd 12pm   -2 (28.6%)
Sunday April 23nd 12pm   -2 (28.6%)
Tuesday April 25th 3pm   -1 (14.3%)
Wednesday April 26th 3pm   -1 (14.3%)
Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: VRchat Worldhop Meetup 04-23-23  (Read 799 times)
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 17, 2023 @923.37 »

Hello everyone!

I haven't done this in a while, so I figured I'd see if one of these could get rolling on Melonland!
!!! POLL IS CLOSED AND THE DATE IS SET! IT IS SUNDAY APRIL 23RD AT 12PM CDT !!!
CDT - Central Daylight Time or Chicago IL Timezone - use https://dateful.com/time-zone-converter to convert to your time!
(I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out internet time in time for this, life has been busy. ;;)

You're invited to a VRChat Worldhop Meetup!

A what?
It is an event where we all gather together to meetup in vrchat and "worldhop". That means we check out a handful of some amazingly creative worlds the platform has to offer while we socialize!
It's a great way to hang out and see the amazing sites of the virtual space.

But I don't have VR!
No worries! Vrchat works on both VR and Desktop.

Isn't it just full of chaos and trolls?
Sometimes in unruly public instances!
For this meetup specifically, you will friend my account and the instance will be invite only. This means that only I can invite people to the meetup, which helps safeguard against that!
If a troll or someone similar does get in, we can make a vote to kick and they will be gone!

So how do I join?
First, make an account on vrchat if you don't already have one: https://hello.vrchat.com/

Next, download vrchat on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/438100/VRChat/
*They have unfortunately implemented easy anti cheat into vrchat. I understand if you aren't comfortable joining because Steam and/or EAC are things you do not want on your system.

Next, friend me by logging into the site and going to my profile here: https://vrchat.com/home/user/usr_3a3bd736-1e16-42e5-aaf0-5813ec748d43

Then log in to vrchat when it's event time (which I will update this post and title with when it's decided) and send me an invite request by opening your menu, going to social, finding me, clicking me, and selecting "request invite"!
To open your menu on...
Desktop: Escape key
Quest 2: B Button

How long will I be there?
However long you want! You're free to move in and out as needed, but these usually go for roughly 1 hour if we have a small group, and up to 2 if we have a larger one/if people want to see more worlds.

*NOTE: THE WORLDS WE WILL BE EXPLORING WILL BE PC ONLY! YOU MUST HOOK YOUR QUEST 2 VIA PC THROUGH LINK CABLE OR WIRELESS WITH AIRLINK OR VIRTUAL DESKTOP*
You'll have to also download the steam version of VRchat since the one on the quest itself is the standalone version.
Virtual desktop is an app you buy and use on the quest's store, you also have to go to their site and download the desktop companion software.
Airlink is built into the quest 2! Here's how to use it: https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-link/connect-with-air-link/

Wait, I only have a Quest 2 that I can't connect to a PC! Can I still join? Aren't some worlds cross compatible?
Unfortunately, most of these crazy worlds are PC only due to the hardware limitations of quest standalone. Cross compatible worlds usually have the quest version stripped of some features, and it's no fun to sit there watching people ooo and aaa at something you can't see.

But hey, feel free to join in desktop mode, we'd still love have you along!  :transport:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023 @831.91 by Ninaiso » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023 @924.86 »

I haven’t read this yet, but I’m dropping by to add this would be a great opportunity to use beat time  :cheesy: https://wiki.melonland.net/swatch_time

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023 @7.71 »

I haven’t read this yet, but I’m dropping by to add this would be a great opportunity to use beat time  :cheesy: https://wiki.melonland.net/swatch_time

Oh heck yeah good call! Is it usable in polls?

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023 @105.96 »

Oh heck yeah good call! Is it usable in polls?

I don’t see why not. Just use @ and then the time (e.g. @105.94). Can be polls be edited?

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2023 @78.39 »

Had to unfortunately remove some times due to an unforeseen schedule change, my apologies all!

I'll be closing the poll Thursday and updating the thread with the updated time, so keep an eye out!

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2023 @581.50 »

Sounds cool, I'll probably join if I'm available!

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

View Profile

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2023 @837.74 »

Sounds cool, I'll probably join if I'm available!
Hecc yeah!! Hope to see you there!

Also, so far Saturday and Sunday are tied, hopefully we'll get more votes!
If it stays at a tie, I'll likely pick Sunday unless someone replies and says Saturday is a must for them lol

Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2023 @852.19 »

Also, so far Saturday and Sunday are tied, hopefully we'll get more votes!
If it stays at a tie, I'll likely pick Sunday unless someone replies and says Saturday is a must for them lol

sundays usually work best for me too, so i'd also like for it to happen on sunday! (i already put my vote in as well) i'm glad to see you're starting a worldhop here on melonland too - hopefully it becomes a regular thing!

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2023 @122.73 »

sundays usually work best for me too, so i'd also like for it to happen on sunday! (i already put my vote in as well) i'm glad to see you're starting a worldhop here on melonland too - hopefully it becomes a regular thing!

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback!! I also hope it can become a regular thing and we can share the magic of the VRverse with more people!

Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2023 @830.64 »

Sorry for the double post but the time has been decided!

SUNDAY APRIL 23RD AT 12PM CDT
CDT - Central Daylight Time or Chicago IL Timezone - use https://dateful.com/time-zone-converter to convert to your time!
(I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out internet time in time for this, life has been busy. ;;)
(I also forgot we are observing Daylight Time now as well, so CST might be inaccurate if whatever you use to convert separates them/doesn't account for Daylight Saving Time so watch out!)

It'll likely end roughly at 1pm or a little after. Excited to meet everyone!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023 @373.50 by Ninaiso » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Games Y'all Meetup - Austin, Texas, on the 21st Jan!!

Started by MelooonBoard ⁉︎ Community Events!

Replies: 0
Views: 632
Last post January 05, 2023 @735.71
by Melooon
who here uses VRChat?

Started by Frost SheridanBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 4
Views: 512
Last post February 11, 2023 @14.56
by Cele
VRCHAT WORLDHOP 4/30/23 (30/04/23)

Started by NinaisoBoard ⁉︎ Community Events!

Replies: 9
Views: 854
Last post July 21, 2023 @297.09
by Ninaiso

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi