Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @655.24 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 45/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  Yesterweb threads - finding closure

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Yesterweb threads - finding closure  (Read 924 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: April 18, 2023 @73.00 »

Hi, I don't usually make moderation announcements; but I felt this one was important to those involved - the discussion about the Yesterweb Forum shutdown has been delisted - it won't be deleted, but it's not currently public.

It has some really important discussions in it, and it is relevant to this community because of our shared histories, however, it also invites a lot of drama and external issues that are outside the scope of my knowledge and ability to moderate. I had a lot of people messaging me from both sides of the argument, and even some upset YW staff accusing me of handling it badly.

For now, the topics will remain unlisted; regardless of your views on the issue; I'd like you to know that they are valid and that having a public and impartial debate about people's experiences is worthwhile. However Im just not sure right now if this forum is the appropriate place for that debate; we have our own thing going on here. If the thread is not restored, an archive of the discussion will be made public in the coming days or made available on request.

Feel free to discuss what you'd like below, but please put a pause on any discussions on the YW itself until we can figure this out  :ohdear:

Also if you are coming from the YW forum, you're most welcome here! However please remember this is a separate space, it's not a continuation and you should treat your time here as a fresh start  :4u:

EDIT: Topics have since been relisted as this is no longer a hot topic.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2023 @903.74 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023 @520.19 »

I just want to say that I think you've handled this well. I don't see how you could've somehow handled it better than what actually went down.
sadness
Casual Poster ⚓︎

I wanna heal the internet!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023 @532.03 »

If the thread is not restored, an archive of the discussion will be made public in the coming days or made available on request.

I would like to request the thread be made public. I think it would be a good idea to give people the chance to read everything in full context. There were also quite a few responses in the minutes leading up to when the thread was removed.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023 @573.53 »

I would like to request the thread be made public.
Thanks for chiming in on this :4u:

I re-read the thread a few times, slept on it and had a coffee. This is the best I can make sense of what happened here:

• Some 3rd party Discord server was inventing stories about the YW staff.
  • People were coming here and making posts that seemed like personal opinions but were actually influenced by these stories.
  • YW staff are upset at me and possibly other MelonLand members because they assumed we knew about these stories and allowed them to propagate.

All of this has nothing to do with this forum, and I can understand why MelonLand regulars are getting exasperated about it, but I can also understand why it would exasperate YW staff and regulars.

However, the debate has reached this forum whether I like it or not :drat: You and madness seem to be at the centre of everything though; so if anyone has the right to request the thread be public it's you.

With that in mind Iv made the thread public again, but read-only. I hope I understood correctly and this is an acceptable soloution for people! Id also like to remind people that further YW debate should not take place on this forum, but you're still welcome to discuss this choice below if you have more to add or you think I got something wrong.

:unite:

EDIT: I had to remove a few comments after this one; this is not a place to debate the truth of these points; Im only listing them to outline my understanding of what was said in the thread on this forum.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023 @853.00 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023 @604.28 »

Thanks for chiming in on this :4u:

I re-read the thread a few times, slept on it and had a coffee. This is the best I can make sense of what happened here:

• Some 3rd party Discord server was inventing stories about the YW staff.
  • People were coming here and making posts that seemed like personal opinions but were actually influenced by these stories.
  • YW staff are upset at me and possibly other MelonLand members because they assumed we knew about these stories and allowed them to propagate.
:unite:

Did someone really do that? That's scummy! If I made or acknowledged any comment in relation to these stories, I apologise to @sadness and all of the other YW staff.
I also want to thank you all for leading me here, and to enjoying the internet one again! :ozwomp:

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
thesolitarygamer
Full Member ⚓︎

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023 @796.31 »

Regardless I think you've handled things pretty well, Melon!

And man if i knew the thread i made that brought up the yesterweb shutting down would cause frustration for both parties i probably wouldn't have bothered lmfao. Then again, someone else probably would've made the forum post by then and we'd be right back at square one, so, cie la vie (i think that's how you spell it)

~Admin note: some of this post was cut out to keep this thread on topic!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023 @25.29 by Melooon » Logged
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023 @839.35 »

Did someone really do that? That's scummy! If I made or acknowledged any comment in relation to these stories, I apologise to @sadness and all of the other YW staff.
I also want to thank you all for leading me here, and to enjoying the internet one again! :ozwomp:

forgive me if I´m a bit skeptical (first off what stories?)

Also dunno, I don't think anyone needs to make up stories when someone can just point out at old threads and messages.

Maybe its just me but Im having a very weird feeling about this and I think assuming that we´re somehow in cahoots with some secret server that most of us probably don't even know it existed until now and that our opinions are based on some outside influence instead of our personal experiences seems in very poor taste. specially without some proof.

People are capable of being critical of something without subscribing to some sort of nefarious agenda.

of course I'm not gonna discount the possibility that there might be someone who is making up stuff if that is what is happening , and if they are, they´re not helping things, let the truth speak for itself.

but I'm tired of talking of this subject, so I probably should stop and maybe move on, especially since this is a very sore point for some of us.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

How do ads fit into your idea of the yesterweb/web 1.0?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 16
Views: 3698
Last post September 16, 2023 @921.42
by Kallistero
Yesterweb Zine - Issue 02 - Websites as an Act of Creativity - OUT NOW!!

Started by sadnessBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1498
Last post April 27, 2022 @745.66
by Dojidave
Hot Tip for finding obscure gaming/Let's Play YouTube channels

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 1
Views: 587
Last post February 28, 2023 @973.90
by SilkSkull

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi