Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @357.93 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Bags and the every-day carry

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: What’s your favorite/most used type of bag?
Backpack   -23 (34.3%)
Tote   -5 (7.5%)
Crossbody   -16 (23.9%)
Purse   -3 (4.5%)
Waist bag   -2 (3%)
My pockets   -17 (25.4%)
Don’t need one   -1 (1.5%)
Something else (reply below!)   -0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Bags and the every-day carry  (Read 1201 times)
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2023 @739.70 »

Finally got around to taking pictures! Hosted on neocities this time and not Discord :grin:

This is my work backpack, already a bit damaged after 3 years of use :ziped::

It is very lengthy but narrow, with a smooth and water-repellant look. I especially like the little zip compartment on the back, so it's easy to take stuff like keys out of there when you need it without having to take the backpack off. The only disadvantage are the shoulder straps; if the load is heavy, they have the tendency to cut into your shoulders. As you can see, they weren't designed for comfort.
Inside is lots of space and a dedicated area for your laptop. So this usually holds my work laptop, my water bottle/tea thermos, breakfast, lunch, wallet, a charging cable, my AirPods, pain medication and keys.

My other very functional one for getting around when I don't need a large backpack, just something outside of my commute, to put small purchases in or carry my wallet and keys and maybe a snack and water is this one:

It's smaller, really square and soft one, not water repellant.

This one is my favorite and I usually use it when I dress up in heels and feel special or when I'm dressed in giant, soft hoodies and want the joy of holding this pink cloud.

It's very soft, very spaceous, with several compartments. I really enjoy holding the soft but very voluminous grip on top. :loved:

And recently got a more specialized one for my handhelds and their accessories. Also nice for keeping chargers etc. together. Very comfy and has an extra strap so it won't flop around on your back or front.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023 @742.64 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2023 @151.63 »

@awhe your bag is sososo cute!! i adore the little windows, it reminds me of its bags  :ozwomp:  maybe you could trap another plush or two in there  :ok:

@shevek thanks for sharing! your first two bags are like siblings  :ha: and the fluffy bag is so cute!! definitely a standout piece. also im curious as to where you got your handheld bag from?

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2023 @172.07 »

I like to think I’m funny

* 0B9A340D-C00D-4759-ADB3-4B71D5A902A2.jpeg (423.06 kB, 1280x922 - viewed 40 times.)
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2023 @357.16 »

also im curious as to where you got your handheld bag from?

Thank youu. It's true, they look like the little sibling and big brother or something :grin:
It's this Steam Deck shoulder bag!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2023 @374.19 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2023 @550.78 »

This one is my favorite and I usually use it when I dress up in heels and feel special or when I'm dressed in giant, soft hoodies and want the joy of holding this pink cloud.

It's very soft, very spaceous, with several compartments. I really enjoy holding the soft but very voluminous grip on top.

I think I'm biased because pink is my favourite colour, but this one is my fav of yours! It looks so soft to the touch, and the aesthetics are on point! Thank you for your comments on my bag too <3

@awhe your bag is sososo cute!! i adore the little windows, it reminds me of its bags    maybe you could trap another plush or two in there 

Thank you!!! I was honestly looking specifically for an ita bag when this one came up, but it comes in several other colours too— so if anyone is interested then let me know and I can leave a link! It has 5 zipper sections (as well as a 6th one hidden in the back for something small like a wallet), two water holder sections at the side, a big pouch on the innermost area that I use for my bluetooth keyboard, as well as various other spaces inside the main area for books, pens, etc. So I'm happy I can fit my whole life in this one bag LOL.
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2023 @697.79 »

I like to think I’m funny

I love the customization, it's super cute!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2023 @810.01 »

Mostly I use this backpack:

I have some totebags I might use too. Mostly for groceries but it's also when I just, say, visit my parents and don't need my wallet and stuff.
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2023 @839.56 »

I can fit 3 water bottles on one of my pockets LOL.

I prefer my pockets tbh.
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2023 @995.67 »

I've never had reason to use a bag or backpack because I only carry three things on me at most when I'm going out: My cellphone, my wallet, and a pocket knife. As a result I only use the pockets on my jeans and on rare occasions on my jacket.
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2023 @195.67 »

I have a number of crossbody bags, mostly Juicy Couture ones, that I use. I have this cute pink one for summer, but I wish the strap on it was longer. I bought one of those bags made for putting pins on, but I need a new strap for that... because the one it came with was ridiculously short. it's been a struggle to find one at the length I'd like. :sad: I also have the etc bag from itemLabel, which I have yet to use because I'm not... really sure how to use it. I wanted one so bad! I like it, but it is too small to hold my phone, so I gotta figure out something else with my phone in order to use it.
Quinn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

EW THERE IS A THIN SLUG ON TEH GROUND *braf*

StatusCafe: riley
iMood: riley_

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2023 @791.24 »

i love my 2 backpacks, coz i covered them in pins and keyrings   :dive:

zanarkand
Jr. Member ⚓︎

october | they/them

iMood: mintyorca
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2023 @953.90 »

wow totes are really low on this poll!! that makes sense i think people like to have a lot of pockets. i'm such a bag person, i have sooo many bags XD i mainly go for a mini backpack, this is my daily one that's my usual for just shopping or going to events, running around wherever

and this tote is what i use to carry my laptop and art supplies because it's huuge

i have a lot more totes but this one is my favorite, honestly i'm most likely to take a tote with me because i can just dump everything in there and it can carry a lot.

i'm also a big fan of ita bags and i like to decorate those even though i don't use them too often, they're mostly just for collecting but if i'm going to a gaming or fandom event i'll definitely bring them along.

as for my daily carry, i've usually got the following with me:

• emergency bag with bandaids, headache meds, tissues, etc
  • sketchbook
  • pencil bag
  • phone
  • makeup for touchups if i'm wearing it that day
  • a book
  • sunglasses
  • headphones
  • my nintendo DS or switch

clearly i spend a lot of time worrying about being bored!

Necrosia
Full Member ⚓︎

Lord of the Labyrinth

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Welcome Soup!Joined 2023!
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2023 @3.40 »

@zanarkand that kaiba itabag is absolutely amazing, I love it  :ozwomp:  :ozwomp:

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

StatusCafe: azure
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2023 @617.72 »

I exclusively use a crossbody bag right now. But, I'm currently trying to put together the materials to make an ita bag! I haven't decided on exactly what kind of bag it'll be, but I'll probably go for another crossbody bag or something more purse-esque.

When I use my bag for college, I usually just bring notebooks, pencils, and the like. (I leave my books at home for any class I can.) When I'm going out, though, I usually bring my phone, my wallet, my journal, a few pens, my headphones, and sometimes my laptop. Along with the relevant chargers, of course.

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4978
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 1631
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
Old site themes?

Started by JackFrostBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 1
Views: 793
Last post October 04, 2023 @668.95
by Uneuclid

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi