Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @947.36 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 39/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hey everyone

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hey everyone  (Read 1653 times)
TAS_1K
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: January 26, 2022 @732.03 »

You can call me TAS_1K, or TAS, or TAS_1000. I'm not sure how I found my way here... I think I was browsing reddit, which led to GitHub, which led to some other site that led to Neocities, where I found another site and then this one.

Ironically it was during my morning standup meeting at work (I'm a programmer) and I noticed a topic where someone asked for help with a PHP question. Since I know PHP, I figured I would try to lend a hand, and here I am.

A little bit about me:

- I've been a programmer for the past fourteen years, and it's pretty much what I do most all day, every day. Between things like house chores, feeding my cat, etc.
- My name comes from a band that was active in Kelowna, BC around 2001. Their music was used in an early version of Club Penguin. When I was a kid, Club Penguin is essentially what got me into programming, and the internet in general. I learned PHP by hacking away at some of the first private server software for Club Penguin.
- I don't have any websites up currently, but I've been threatening to put a blog up for a while. I just never find time to actually write anything.

I'm happy to be here.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022 @984.64 »

Welcome ^^ I wish I had known more about Club Penguin, loads of people seem to have really intense memories of it but it sorta passed me by :'( I had no idea you could program in it, what did it let you do? Also its always good to have helpful programmers around!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022 @55.34 »

"I've been delayed, I've been delayed, I've been delayed, gotta be delayed" :grin: :grin:

I loved Club Penguin as a kid too..

Welcome!! :ozwomp:

Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022 @67.64 »

Welcome to the forums, TAS!

It's cool to hear how you found your way here. If you ever do end up setting up your own blog, what do you think you'd blog about? Programming? Interests outside of programming? Or a bit of a mix?

Status Cafe Profile
TAS_1K
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2022 @675.03 »

Welcome ^^ I wish I had known more about Club Penguin, loads of people seem to have really intense memories of it but it sorta passed me by :'( I had no idea you could program in it, what did it let you do? Also its always good to have helpful programmers around!

It's still around if you ever get a hankering to check it out! There are still a handful of private servers last I checked, Club Penguin Rewritten being the most active one I think.

Also I probably could've phrased it better, but it wasn't part of the game (and Disney definitely wasn't thrilled with what we were doing :omg:k:smile: - basically what we did was we took the Flash app that made up the game, and used tools to decompile it. From there we worked out how we could write server code to accept connections from the app and talk to it. So like if for example I sent a chat message in the game, it would send a certain message to the server and then expect a certain type of message back from it. Or if it got a message from the server that another player entered the room, it'd put their penguin there.

After eventually working through all the various messages we were able to edit the app's code to point to our server, recompile it, and then voila you had your own instance of Club Penguin running.

"I've been delayed, I've been delayed, I've been delayed, gotta be delayed" :grin: :grin:

I loved Club Penguin as a kid too..

Welcome!! :ozwomp:

Un classique! And thanks!

Welcome to the forums, TAS!

It's cool to hear how you found your way here. If you ever do end up setting up your own blog, what do you think you'd blog about? Programming? Interests outside of programming? Or a bit of a mix?

Yeah, it'd probably mostly be about programming, lol. All of the ideas I've had for posts so far have been related to it. :omg:k:
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi