Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @980.03 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 58/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  favorite anime?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: favorite anime?  (Read 2148 times)
NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: NetherFalcon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: April 29, 2023 @703.38 »

i was kinda wondering, what is everyone's favorite anime! (if there is any)

mine's sailor moon, keroro gunsou, beastars and alot more. i'm just curious if there's any anime fans here

Triplets born, the throne awaits...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023 @729.68 »

Hello! Anime watcher here  :dive: !! I'll list some of my favourites!

• Serial Experiments Lain: I love the themes at play in this series, as well as the conversations surrounding technology and how it can relate to nowadays as much as when the show came out!
  • Osomatsu-San: It's just a comedic slice of life gag anime, what's not to love? It's good to chill out to and in particular the fandom really made me enjoy this show so much!
  • Mirai Nikki: One of those so bad it's good kind of anime for me. I watched it when I was younger, so it holds some nostalgic effect over me too.
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Probably my most watched anime, as in I've seen all the movies and such too. Like SEL, I really appreciate the conversations included in this anime, and the robot fighting is cool too! It made me cry a lot haha, which is when I know I'm particularly invested in something.

Always down for more recommendations of shows to watch, so I'll keep a close eye on this thread!
 :transport:
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023 @750.63 »

I don't typically watch very much Japanese animation, but I know I can count on the animated adaptation of "The Laughing Salesman" from the 90s to temporarily throw me into a pit of existential dread. Everything goes awfully wrong in nearly every single episode I've seen of that one.. the message is very often "Any attempt to improve your life will lead to disaster. Don't even try".

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
lonelyjuly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

space, man

StatusCafe: lonelyjuly
iMood: lonelyjuly

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023 @756.68 »

I really enjoyed Toradora. It was one of my first animes and still resonates with me today.
Another one is an anime film called A Silent Voice. A ton of people already know about it, of course, but the main reason why I love it is the representation of Deaf people. It's a fantastic film if you haven't watched it.

>"He who enters the arena is infinitely more honorable than he who watches from the stands"

wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023 @770.45 »

Revolutionary Girl Utena! The themes of overcoming abuse and trauma, and gaining independence, really resonated with me. I also love all the abstract symbolism, the deconstruction of the socially constructed gender binary, how fleshed out all the characters are, and even all the comedy and filler episodes... Definitely my favorite show of all time plus the movie is amazing as well!!!

minttea
Casual Poster ⚓︎

very tired...

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2023 @835.83 »

Its a bit of a misc list but:

• Princess Tutu! Amazing story and a really fun deconstruction of fairy tales and the idea of storytelling. 'May those accept their fate be granted happiness. May those who defy it be granted glory.'
  • Entirely different genre, Log Horizon! I have a weakness for worldbuilding and people building things, and the development of the local area in Log Horizon is right up my alley. Also, MMO stuff! Fun!
  • I don't know a single person who watched this, but: Gundam Build Divers Re:Rise. It has a real understanding of what actual pick up groups in games are like, and the character dynamics are very fun to watch. Plus, again, they got me with that world building! I'm weak to it. Not a perfect show, but deserves a lot more love.
  • Nichijou! Probably the funniest show I've ever watched, and the animation is incredible hahaha!
Moodle McDoodle
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Just a sleepy lil' guy.. v__v { z z z )

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2023 @848.33 »

Revolutionary Girl Utena! The themes of overcoming abuse and trauma, and gaining independence, really resonated with me. I also love all the abstract symbolism, the deconstruction of the socially constructed gender binary, how fleshed out all the characters are, and even all the comedy and filler episodes... Definitely my favorite show of all time plus the movie is amazing as well!!!

I second this! I watched Utena for the first time pretty recently and the whole time I was watching it I was transfixed. What an incredible series... It's one of those that I can't in good conscious reccomend to everyone because there's a lot of potentially triggering content in there, but I think because it chooses to tackle those topics head on is why it resonates so much. It doesn't hold your hand at any point!

I have a lot of other favourites too! Fullmetal Alchemist and Mob Psycho 100 both rewired my brain. Detective Conan is one that I've been watching on and off for years, slowly making my way through the mountain of episodes. When I'm in the mood for murder mysteries, Conan never lets me down! I also love love love Sonic X, especially now that I've seen the original japanese dub all the way through. The emotions land so much better with the original music and voice acting, plus 4kids really did the script such an injustice with all their changes... If your only experience with Sonic X was that dub, I highly reccomend checking the subbed version out! Even for non Sonic fans, since I think it's a genuinely good starting point for anyone curious about the series as a whole

That's only the series' too. There's a lot of anime movies that have stuck with me. Kiki's Delivery Service is my favourite Ghibli movie but I love pretty much every single one I've seen (Porco Rosso is underrated!!). Your Name makes me cry every time. Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva is one of the best game adaptations ever and the Sonic OVA is so wildly different to every other part of the Sonic series but still manages to capture the heart of it in such a fun and unique way. Wolf Children felt similar to a Ghibli movie but more raw, if that makes sense... Castle of Cagliostro was fantastic and has made me want to get more into Lupin III stuff..... OH and Promare was SO much fun and the animation was INSANE!!

It's so hard just picking a few favourites because I love so many different forms of animation for so many different reasons, but these anime are the ones that have stuck with me most I think!!

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!!!! Oh my god!!! That's another that I only watched really recently but GOD it's soo so so good and really captures the love animation. Watching it made me feel like a 16 year old going through student films on youtube frame by frame again. Such an incredible series...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023 @851.85 by Moodle McDoodle » Logged

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2023 @855.49 »

Sailor Moon, Serial Experiments: Lain, Deathnote and Initial D!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2023 @865.86 »

Hmmm let's see

• Black Lagoon
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
  • Kill la Kill
  • Canaan
  • Sailor Moon (S and Stars especially)

That's as far as favorites-favorites go!  :ok: Altho there're definitely some others I like

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
kurohaato
Full Member ⚓︎

:D

StatusCafe: rinrinrin
iMood: kurohaato

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2023 @901.44 »

Emma: A Victorian Romance! It's super cute I love it so much! :happy: Sailor Moon and Kaguya-Sama are close seconds too. :grin:

01110110 01101001 01110110 01100001 00100000 01101100 01100001 00100000 01101111 01111010 01110111 01101111 01101101 01110000 00100001 00100000 00111010 01000100 :ozwomp:
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2023 @915.64 »

fullmetal alchemist brotherhood because i'm basic lol, was one of the first animes i watched and even though im sure there is better i still like it a lot. it's tied with jojo's bizarre adventure for #1 which i like because it's so stylish and at the same time completely ridiculous. some other standouts are brand new animal, code geass, and kakuriyo no yadomeshi (lol this one is a bit of a guilty pleasure tbh).

atm i've been watching digimon adventure which i've found really enjoyable even if it's a bit of a formulaeic monster of the week kids show!

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2023 @928.04 »

Trigun is my absolute favorite anime and I'm so happy that Trigun Stampede exists! I've been seeing so much amazing fanart because of Stampede~

Other anime I like are Mob Psycho 100, Gurren Lagann, Ouran High School Host Club, School Rumble, and Eureka Seven. I tend to enjoy character driven plots, themes of good vs. evil, and found family type dynamics!

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2023 @936.88 »

Ouran High School Host Club

Omg what a blast from the past... Both that and the original Fruits Basket were the very first pieces of media that I wrote fanfiction for! All the way back in primary school LOL. :dive:

I don't even think the site I wrote on even exists anymore...

Edit: The "KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE" line is so iconic!
Moodle McDoodle
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Just a sleepy lil' guy.. v__v { z z z )

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2023 @87.06 »

Coming back because I completely forgot Sherlock Hound on my list!!! Ahh!! Sherlock Hound is sooooo charming and easily one of my fave Holmes adaptations. It even inspired me to make my own animal detective OCs :dog:

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2023 @692.04 »

A lot of my favorites are already listed here, so I'm gonna go ahead and plug the one in my signature: Magic Knight Rayearth.

90s magical girl isekai with mechs. It was basically made for me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3078
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1636
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
If you had the ability to eat anything, what would be your new favorite food?

Started by Icey!Board ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 29
Views: 2973
Last post November 07, 2023 @809.28
by Capybara

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi