Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @966.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  favorite anime?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: favorite anime?  (Read 2169 times)
anglade
Casual Poster ⚓︎

bonk

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2023 @134.03 »

Trigun is my absolute favorite anime and I'm so happy that Trigun Stampede exists! I've been seeing so much amazing fanart because of Stampede~

I also adore Trigun; if it wasn't for Trigun Stampede being announced I probably would never have watched the original series lol (though I haven't actually finished Tristamp yet :') )

I also really liked Nichijou, it's just so genuinely fun

:unite::unite::unite:
arsenicCatnip
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Big Big Worm is Wriggling With Glee!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2023 @537.92 »

I don't watch a great deal of anime to be honest, but my favorite as a child was the Azumanga Daioh anime series!!

--ArsenicCatnip :-P
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2023 @684.56 »

I have 2 favourites:

1. Death Note: It is so well made, with good writing. It dramatic and serious and dark but, at the same time, so so funny. The artstyle is great. Sure it's not perfect and has better and worse arcs, but generally, I always enjoy rewatching it.

2. Fate/Zero: Another one with good writing! This one is also dark but also has funny moments, maybe I have a "type" on what I consider to be especially remarkable to me. However, Death Note is a detective anime and this one is a battle anime. They don't actually feel similar to me at all.

With both of these series, I think one thing is important: You need to be able to enjoy the villain(s) to enjoy these, because a lot of time is spent on them.
shwintykat
Casual Poster ⚓︎

see her how she sparkles

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2023 @735.38 »

I never see anyone talk about it these days, but Tsuritama is my biggest favorite and a massive comfort anime <3

egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2023 @677.22 »

oh my god i was so autistic about eizouken its insane... it singlehandedly inspired me so much, everytime a new episode came out, i'd worldbuild fictional universes in my head because the characters did too; i also love alien 9, its obscure but has a tightly-knit fanbase, its a super misunderstood show

voynich

Professional Internet troll

XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2023 @813.75 »

Very cliche and unoriginal choice, but Serial Experiments Lain would have to be my favorite anime. It's the only anime I've watched past the second episode.

:unite: The Internet is a series of cups
grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2023 @819.44 »

I was put on this earth to promote Sarazanmai SO here it goes:

You've surely heard of Sailor Moon and Revolutionary Girl Utena. You've maybe heard of Mawaru Penguindrum. You probably don't know Yurikuma Arashi but that's okay bc I will talk about it in a bit also. These were all made by the same guy!!!! Kunihiko Ikuhara!!!!! And he also made

:unite: SARAZANMAI!!  :unite:

Which is. Hard to describe and also my favorite anime ever.

TECHNICALLY it's about magical boys. The main character, his best friend and some other boy get transformed into kappas to save Tokyo from the monster of the episode. Each monster is the representation of one of people's desires, that pushes them back in life.
It sounds really deep and profound and it really really is, but also the transformation into kappas happens by them getting a special organ sucked out of their butthole by a kappa prince (every episode) (I SWEAR you'll get used to it. and emotional about it by the end), and the monsters usually represent some kink.
What it's REALLY about, though, is sarazanmai. As much as I can tell, it's a made-up word that means something like connecting. It dives DEEP into the effects that toxic masculinity has had on the three main characters, how it's made them less emotional and less likely to express their feelings, or when they need help. And in order to defeat the bad guy of the week, they need to get past that, to connect with each other, to be vulnerable even if it hurts, even if it'll start a fight, even if it's telling the others something awful they did. Their stories include queerness, drag, disability, and many things more.
AND behind all of those bad guys, there are two cops. One of them is very stoic, and the other is kind of the wild type (think pointy teeth, long hair anime stereotype). They're using people that go to them for help and turn them into these monsters. They have a REALLY catchy song that they sing every episode (please listen to it) (you'll hate it at first and then you'll learn the coreo). AND both of them are gay for each other. And in the end it turns out they aren't really cops, if this sounded too much like disney cop propaganda. Their story is so tragic and so beautiful and it WILL make you cry at least thirteen times  :blush:

I love it so much and it has changed my outlook on many things. It is very short at only eleven episodes and has great rewatchability, as everything makes more and more sense as the episodes go on. It is a bit abstract, but if you've loved the themes of Wonder egg priority, other Kunihiko Ikuhara anime, or Evangelion, I think you'll like it :)

And if that sounds like too much for you, try Yurikuma Arashi! It's about a world where girls organize to kill evil bears, until a girl falls in love with a bear and it changes everything. It's very fast paced and lesbians galore, while also having some deeper/more abstract themes as well.
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2023 @893.48 »

TECHNICALLY it's about magical boys. The main character, his best friend and some other boy get transformed into kappas to save Tokyo from the monster of the episode. Each monster is the representation of one of people's desires, that pushes them back in life.
It sounds really deep and profound and it really really is, but also the transformation into kappas happens by them getting a special organ sucked out of their butthole by a kappa prince (every episode) (I SWEAR you'll get used to it. and emotional about it by the end), and the monsters usually represent some kink.

Nothing prepared me for reading this. Wow :grin:
Someone I used to date got into this after we broke up. Like.. severely, obsessively. I never cared to find out what it is about. Seeing this here has been unexpected and now I don't know what to do with this information, but it is hilarious to me. Thank you :ha:

How do they suck...? Like with a vacuum? Their mouth? I am fascinated, but not enough to look it up.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
egbert
Jr. Member ⚓︎

dumpster diver who is a girl named bert

View Profile WWW

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2023 @348.61 »

Someone I used to date got into this after we broke up. Like.. severely, obsessively. I never cared to find out what it is about. Seeing this here has been unexpected and now I don't know what to do with this information, but it is hilarious to me. Thank you :ha:

How do they suck...? Like with a vacuum? Their mouth? I am fascinated, but not enough to look it up.

they suck it up by psyshically going inside the monster and pulling it out lol

grovyle

View Profile

« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2023 @587.26 »

The kids get it sucked by the kappa prince with his mouth, and after that they transform. As egbert said before, the monsters get beaten by getting it sucked out by the kids physically. Like, they're giant monsters and the kids go in and grab it with their hands
Mela
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2023 @609.65 »

I don't know if anyone here has heard about Land of the Lustrous but I really love it. I think the story is great and I've been waiting for years for a second season... so in the meantime I've read almost all of the manga. Also I think the 3D graphics fit perfectly for the gem effect.
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2023 @622.67 »

I've never been much of an anime person, but Paranoia Agent is my favorite anime. I also have a huge fondness for Super Milk Chan, the original English dub.
Quinn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

EW THERE IS A THIN SLUG ON TEH GROUND *braf*

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: riley
iMood: riley_

View Profile WWW

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2023 @789.66 »

death note, saiki k, toilet bound hanako-kun and fruits basket.

PainterFight
Casual Poster

Trying Her Best (TM)

StatusCafe: painterfight
iMood: painterfight

View Profile

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2023 @644.86 »

No idea if anyone here has heard of it, but I'm quite a big fan of Cardfight!! Vanguard. Sure, on the surface, it may look as a cheap tie-in for a TCG that's already popular in Japan, but the struggles that the protagonist(s) face with the titular cardgame and the people who are passionate about it too felt so realistic and well-written. It's something that I haven't felt and have enjoyed on a tie-in animated series since a certain korean mech show that I was obsessed about as a kid - a storyline that serves more than just soulless merchandising. Possibly as a big emotional impact, even.

Since I have some lukewarm opinions on Yu-Gi-Oh, I ended up dipping my toes into it by watching the first few seasons of the series - and I did not regret it. The characters felt so much likable, the action is more tightly-packed in each (or most) episode rather just spending a few episodes focusing on a climatic cardgame match that wouldn't rather end, and watching this show is definitely a very fun time overall! If you ever wanted to experience this brilliant anime, then go with either the very first season or the first season of the sequel series (G), that fits more in line with my opinions on the series as a whole. There are dubbed episodes on the Youtube channel, too!

I know that I'm just a little too biased about it but seriously. It's becoming one of my biggest hyperfixations since last year. Just go check it out sometime.

NetherFalcon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Goddess of Stupidity

iMood: NetherFalcon
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2023 @39.38 »

Hello! Anime watcher here  :dive: !! I'll list some of my favourites!

• Serial Experiments Lain: I love the themes at play in this series, as well as the conversations surrounding technology and how it can relate to nowadays as much as when the show came out!
  • Osomatsu-San: It's just a comedic slice of life gag anime, what's not to love? It's good to chill out to and in particular the fandom really made me enjoy this show so much!
  • Mirai Nikki: One of those so bad it's good kind of anime for me. I watched it when I was younger, so it holds some nostalgic effect over me too.
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion: Probably my most watched anime, as in I've seen all the movies and such too. Like SEL, I really appreciate the conversations included in this anime, and the robot fighting is cool too! It made me cry a lot haha, which is when I know I'm particularly invested in something.

Always down for more recommendations of shows to watch, so I'll keep a close eye on this thread!
 :transport:

Oh! neon genesis evangelion, i heard that one is good and i've been wanting to get into it, it looks pretty good (also sorry for not replying at all, i got distracted away from the forum and went to do other stuff until i remember this existed and wanted to get back into it)

Triplets born, the throne awaits...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3120
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1650
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
If you had the ability to eat anything, what would be your new favorite food?

Started by Icey!Board ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 29
Views: 2986
Last post November 07, 2023 @809.28
by Capybara

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi