Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @364.70 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  what is your favorite food from your ethnicity?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: what is your favorite food from your ethnicity?  (Read 967 times)
LIA

closing time

StatusCafe: six
iMood: sintax

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: May 01, 2023 @61.77 »

I love being half Mexican, not only because of the food but the culture and holidays. So colorful!
I love sopapillas, stuffed or hollow (stuffed consist of cheese lettuce, and chili, so delicious)
Pozole is heaven.

EDIT: As meloon stated, please do not be too specific about where you are from since this forum is public and this post can be a sensitive topic for people! You also don't need to share this information, either. You are not obligated to! If you don't want to state your ethnic background, you can always just say your favorite food from another ethnic state.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023 @638.56 by MARI » Logged
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2023 @64.00 »

I'm German, white. I love potatoes :grin:

Spoiler
(Potatoes aren't from here, but since we're always called that..)
[close]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023 @70.24 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
LIA

closing time

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2023 @89.90 »

I'm German, white. I love potatoes :grin:

Spoiler
(Potatoes aren't from here, but since we're always called that..)
[close]

potatoes are delicious. We use them in our cooking for soup or burritos
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2023 @106.74 »

As forum admin I do need to add a lil note that ethnicity and cultural backgrounds can be a messy subject and it also counts as sensitive personal data! While this thread is fine for people who are happy to share that info, please remember that what you post here is public! It's totally fine if you don't wanna share that info, and I'd recommend not being too specific regardless ^^

With that out of the way! Hmmmm, Ireland doesn't exactly have a deep culinary history (nor does the UK for the most part unless you are into Jellied eels  :tnt: ).. the biggest culinary revolution here was when we realised we could cook Italian food too  :tongue: HOWEVER if we are talking more recent history! I do a great victoria sponge cake based on a recipe from the Mr Man cookbook :grin: Scones are great too, also apple pie - So I'd say the entire UK idea of afternoon tea (which despite national grumblings is prob even more popular in Ireland than the UK) - after all that maybe a hearty lamb stew!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2023 @146.18 »

I'm of Swedish descent and I absolutely love Swedish meatballs, lingonberry jam and especially gravad lax! And an honorable mention to the jars of herring in creamy mustard sauce from IKEA that I always try to pick up when I visit.

saule
Casual Poster

Wandering around

iMood: wilo

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023 @329.24 »

I like so many things about french food but if I had to live in an other country, I would definitely miss our bread and cheese the most.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023 @553.83 »

I'm mostly English and Jewish and perhaps as expected, cottage pie and matzo ball soup are my comfort foods. I eat a lot of cuisines from other cultures on a regular basis but when I'm feeling particularly shitty nothing beats those two.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023 @586.02 »

Oh... It's so hard to pick between haggis or black pudding... I know both options can be polarizing for those outside of Scotland, but if I'm having a cooked breakfast, I want both on my plate LOL!

I think... I'm gonna have to go for black pudding. Haggis is good, and even mediocre haggis is tasty, but a good black pudding? Nothing better  :transport: !!!
LIA

closing time

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2023 @641.15 »

As forum admin I do need to add a lil note that ethnicity and cultural backgrounds can be a messy subject and it also counts as sensitive personal data! While this thread is fine for people who are happy to share that info, please remember that what you post here is public! It's totally fine if you don't wanna share that info, and I'd recommend not being too specific regardless ^^

With that out of the way! Hmmmm, Ireland doesn't exactly have a deep culinary history (nor does the UK for the most part unless you are into Jellied eels  :tnt: ).. the biggest culinary revolution here was when we realised we could cook Italian food too  :tongue: HOWEVER if we are talking more recent history! I do a great victoria sponge cake based on a recipe from the Mr Man cookbook :grin: Scones are great too, also apple pie - So I'd say the entire UK idea of afternoon tea (which despite national grumblings is prob even more popular in Ireland than the UK) - after all that maybe a hearty lamb stew!

Thanks meloon! I added an edit ^^
omg jellied eels don't sound to appetising to me..but I'd try it regardless since I did eat stingray soup once  :wink: oh my goodness I love me a good sponge cake! I'd have to try that recipe out sometime. I've never had scones before..are they really that tough to bite or are they like ginger snaps? Afternoon tea is so calming I always have some when I do my noon activities.
LIA

closing time

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2023 @642.72 »

I'm of Swedish descent and I absolutely love Swedish meatballs, lingonberry jam and especially gravad lax! And an honorable mention to the jars of herring in creamy mustard sauce from IKEA that I always try to pick up when I visit.

I'd have to try authentic Sweed Meatballs when I visit, Swedish food has always intrigued me, the foods have such silly names, I love it. I'd have to go to ikea soon JUST to buy the food
LIA

closing time

View Profile

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2023 @644.42 »

I like so many things about french food but if I had to live in an other country, I would definitely miss our bread and cheese the most.

I've never had french food, or if I have I wouldn't know  :dunno: my mom makes a lot of food from different cultures. I think bre is french?? We had that with delicious rolls on Christmas on oh my lord, that was HEAVEN.
LIA

closing time

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2023 @646.35 »

I'm mostly English and Jewish and perhaps as expected, cottage pie and matzo ball soup are my comfort foods. I eat a lot of cuisines from other cultures on a regular basis but when I'm feeling particularly shitty nothing beats those two.

cottage pie sounds so comforting! Same here I love my broad pallet. I'd try almost anything except gamey and super raw food (like cow tongue.. :tongue:  beef oh how I love you, I cannot french kiss you..)
LIA

closing time

View Profile

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2023 @647.94 »

Oh... It's so hard to pick between haggis or black pudding... I know both options can be polarizing for those outside of Scotland, but if I'm having a cooked breakfast, I want both on my plate LOL!

I think... I'm gonna have to go for black pudding. Haggis is good, and even mediocre haggis is tasty, but a good black pudding? Nothing better  :transport: !!!

I know black pudding isn't actual pudding but goddamn it looks good!! As much pepperoni as I eat there is no way that I wont eat that!
cinder
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2023 @699.94 »

i live in the southern area of the US and I think my favorite foods from around here are banana pudding and pecan pie!

and cornbread, of course, u cant be southern without liking cornbread (/j)
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

iMood: Commodorn

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2023 @713.88 »

It's not exactly clear what all of my origins are-- *(Making an edit here for the sake of accuracy-- I am likely a thorough mix of European.)*

Uh.. besides that, I enjoy the Irish-American soda bread my mother makes each year.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023 @25.65 by Commodorn » Logged

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 14
Views: 3096
Last post April 13, 2024 @766.34
by oerrorpage
[Open Call] Favorite Recipes

Started by NightdriftBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 4
Views: 1641
Last post December 16, 2021 @301.70
by cinni
Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 35
Views: 3188
Last post April 10, 2024 @598.32
by Misanthropic Monster™

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi