Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @674.63 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Site mascots!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Site mascots!  (Read 1137 times)
« on: May 02, 2023 @647.16 »

Hi, I hope this is the correct place to put this thread, and if not then please let me know!

I've been meaning to add a mascot to my site for a while now and it got me thinking... Do any other users here currently, or plan to, include a mascot on their site? And if so, I'd love to hear about them and what your plans are for them on your site!

Personally, I plan on adding Enri (one of my OC's) to my site as the mascot! I'd like to include her somewhere on every page, mostly as something extra to look at rather than any other function, as well as having a collective resource page for her lore that I can direct others to if need be! I just think that a mascot presence is a genuine joy, and I love when places/sites/things include them, as well as learning about them. So please feel free to treat this thread as an info dump on your mascot if applicable!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2023 @686.12 by awhe » Logged
tarraxahum
Full Member ⚓︎

Xx_O_o_xX

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: tarraxahum
iMood: tarraxahum
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023 @673.22 »

Kinda thought about it, too, but will admit, haven't tried yet. Would totally have to figure out how to incorporate a mascot into every page, which will be fun with my chaotic coding for sure, eheh.

Well, more than that, I'd have to draw them first. And as usual, too many things to do, to little time (and concentration).

Dunno if I should use an OC tho or maybe kinda make it this sorta online alter-ego of myself (what do they call that, a humansona?) hmmmm

"Why change the past, when you can own this day?" (c)
Scrib01
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Cutest Psychedelic Egg!

iMood: Scrib01
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Infinite Egg TortureJoined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023 @673.76 »

I have a site mascot but its just Scrib the Egg, my lil egg guy. Scrib is just me at the end of the day though. My other OCs aren't really mascot material. Scrib is to me, what I imagine Ozwomp is to Melon. :ozwomp:

"Still know nothin' 'bout me!"

LIA

closing time

StatusCafe: six
iMood: sintax

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2023 @680.87 »

my mascot is zombie me! just a girl with a bob and green and purple stiched skin! Or buttercup hehe
plantovision
Jr. Member ⚓︎

born to ":3" forced to ":)"

StatusCafe: plantovision

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023 @744.46 »

I've had this little... thing floating around as a sort of mascot for a while now (see attached). They're kinda supposed to be me, but also not, if that makes any sense.

I've always been a sucker for cute characters, so it's always a treat when I stumble upon a page with a cute looking mascot!

* tinyGal.png (446.72 kB, 722x804 - viewed 26 times.)

born to be silly, forced to be stupid
Skykristal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2023 @768.26 »

I kinda use my OC Lui as my mascot. He isn't labeled as that, he is an original character. But when you jump into my site or pretty much anywhere, you see him. He is some kind of representation I use. :]

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2023 @829.91 »

Okay, so I haven't gotten around to making a proper site yet (I know, I know, it's on my list... I've been busy moving my entire life 5 hours west haha) but when I do set it up, I think I'd like it to revolve around one of my original characters so I guess he would end up being the mascot?

I'm kind of thinking the way you'd navigate the site would be through objects in his room. Still in the early stages of planning it out, and I have to do a little more worldbuilding first (it's a cyberpunk dystopian setting in the near future) plus drawing out all the stuff. It's a process.

Anyway, his name is Orion. Midwestern American guy who grew up in the middle of nowhere, moved to a big city for work. Long story short, now he leads a small rogue political group. Oh yeah, and he's a cyborg and wrenches on his own body mods. Sarcastic as all hell and rough around the edges, but still has a sweet side and an air of optimism about him underneath the gruff.
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2023 @930.06 »

Oooh I love these!!  :transport: I love mascots in general and I'll gladly take the chance to add one (or more!) to my site! I enjoy seeing them on others' sites, too.  :ozwomp:

Corrupted & Unicorn (the CatDog-esque black n' white unicorn critters you see in the home page of my website) are my mascots, and my sona, of some sort. They're two facets of the same being  :unite:

However, the rest of my characters sometimes like to take a walk around my website, it's their home outside my mind after all - look at the favicon for an example  :wink:

I plan to add more character (HAH) to my website by adding more characters. Maybe I could even try to make them a little bit interactible through the power of HTML!  :pc:  :ok:

teatime
Full Member ⚓︎

RAAAAAAGH

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2023 @970.20 »

the closest thing i have to a site mascot is probably carrottop, who appears on one page (the theatre). he's a human in a musty bunny suit posing as a bunny in a world of animals. i was thinking of designing a whole cast of characters to include on each page, but it's not an active plan of mine.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2023 @692.93 »

Love learning all about your guys little guys™ and have even gathered some inspiration/ideas for how to implement my own mascot Enri on my own site thanks you everyone contributions <3 :transport:
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2023 @836.04 »

This thread really makes me wanna create one. So much to consider.. like what qualities I want it to have, what expresses me and my site and something I want it to be, what could represent that.. to be honest I've never created OCs that mean much to me, and I also suck at drawing bodies; I wonder if I can make some sort of mascot that is more of an object, but not too much :ok:

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Cattafang
Casual Poster ⚓︎

“Gitcy: Is good for your spleen.” - Caddicarus

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2023 @878.07 »

i might have one? i kinda use mitzy as a mascot for the site, since the color scheme for this site is based off of her. so far her only presence on the site though is in the banner (see below). also my fursona, but i wouldn*t quite consider her a mascot since she*s just supposed to be on the about me and 404 page as a representative for myself.

this thread has kinda made me wanna give mitzy a bit more presence on the site when i finally get more time and motivation to create more pages for the site. though also speaking of mitzy, i gotta update the banner image when i do since this design for her is just sliiiiiiightly outdated (well, mostly just the hair).

RodFireProductions
Jr. Member ⚓︎

🍄🖤🐀

StatusCafe: rodfire8181
iMood: rodfire8181

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2023 @655.73 »

I actually do have a site mascot. Fae're an Inky cap mushroom named Inkle. In the future, I do want to draw little sprites of fae to put on different site pages, but so far fae're just on the home page.

I think the idea of having site mascots is cute.

we art, web dev, and game dev
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2023 @667.07 »

mine's just Netscape's Mozilla because I feel that it represents with my liking to lizards and with my nickname. how sad that it has been forgotten since a while :/
Cele

any way the wind blows

View Profile

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2023 @604.36 »

I never planned to have one but. I have this in the navbar so I guess it kinda functions like a mascot

It's actually based on my old appearance, but I don't have long orange hair anymore. At the side of the page and in my button there is also the character Judar from one of my favourite mangas, Magi.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1896
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 5607
Last post January 26, 2024 @915.29
by Paprika
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4281
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi