Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @453.39 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 53/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  [FONTS] Velvetyne Type Foundry

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [FONTS] Velvetyne Type Foundry  (Read 1706 times)
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: February 01, 2022 @293.96 »

Half sharing this here because it's cool, half sharing because I had a split moment of panic where I realized I couldn't remember the name of this site x_x

The VTF (Velvetyne Type Foundry) is a distributor of free and open-source typefaces. They've been kicking since 2010, but I only stumbled upon their site perhaps a year or two ago.

Lots of really cool and unique fonts to look through and get inspiration from. Many modern typography sites seem to rehash the same popular styles over and over, so it is a nice breath of fresh air to see such an interesting collection of typefaces. I admire that one of their bullet points on their about page reads "We want to turn Velvetyne into a snazzy playground for type projects that may present a low commercial appeal but that possess an highly poetic, aesthetic or technical value. We wish to encourage and cultivate these contemporary creations at the margins of the mainstream type scene." I think that says a lot about what you can expect to find browsing the site.

That said, if anyone knows any other websites or collectives similar to this, I'd love to hear it.

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2022 @555.14 »

This is cool, I think Iv been here before too but I totally forgot about it :omg:k: I like that the 404 page gives you access to a secret download. I don't follow many font sites but I do use a lot of free fonts from this guy on my sites https://backpacker.gr/fonts/ (scroll down to the bottom for the free ones)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022 @881.16 »

That's rad, appreciate the share (for both, totally missed the VTF had a download on their 404 page...what a neat idea)!

Status Cafe Profile
di
Full Member ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: dii

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2022 @875.00 »

VTF is so awesome! I found it a few weeks ago while surfing through Neocities sites. Can't find the site now but... thanks whoever that was!

I am using their Compagnon font for a project of mine, it's so pretty, and I also like Basteleur, it looks sixties-ish

But really I must say, I adore the crispiness of your screenshot. It is very aesthetically pleasing :grin:

Obspogon
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Hi

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: obspogon
iMood: Obspogon
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022 @939.16 »

I put a link to it on my site. It's got a cool design.

----------------------
https://obspogon.neocities.org/
----------------------

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

If you had a Pokemon type...

Started by NeonriserBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 38
Views: 3897
Last post December 05, 2023 @137.31
by Fish
I just got a typewriter!

Started by SwiftpawBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 7
Views: 1135
Last post August 03, 2022 @537.11
by Cobra!
Custom Fonts

Started by dotmidiBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 5
Views: 789
Last post January 21, 2023 @591.13
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi