Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @347.29 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions
| | |-+  Mondays!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Mondays!  (Read 1562 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: May 10, 2023 @925.50 »

Monday Mondy Monday

Starting next week (15th of May) the forum will be closed on Mondays, you will be unable to access the forum on that day! (All other informational sites such as the wiki will remain open!)

This is a feature that has existed on my personal site for a while and I think its time to expand here for the same reasons:
My site closes on mondays as a reminder that nothing lasts forever and its important to step back, slow down and appreciate the time we have - so much of the web tries to make us feel like we always have to be online and connected, and I wanted to do the opposite!

Please enjoy your Mondays and return refreshed on Tuesdays  :ha:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023 @929.05 »

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Commodorn
Full Member ⚓︎

Major Dork

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Mushroom MadnessMessage BuddyJoined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023 @932.89 »

This is an odd thing to be excited about, but I was waiting for this to happen! Yay!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023 @954.39 by Commodorn » Logged

"Please, captain. Not in front of the Klingons."
Skykristal
Full Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2023 @971.32 »

I like this concept and noticed it on your site for a while now! Not that I like Mondays but- enjoy your Mondays guys!

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023 @70.42 »

This is a super interesting concept!! Although I know that, like your site, I'm going to have the strongest desire ever to visit the forum, but then it turns out to be Monday LOL!

"...And we are not angels, to be comforted by seeing the means for which everything is sent."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, Wives and Daughters

drakonic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Tiny Birthday DragonJoined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2023 @34.97 »

I think it's an interesting idea, but... Not great for a forum :ohdear:

I had some information I wanted to look up in a thread here yesterday, but couldn't access it.
I suppose it wasn't anything important, and this is no Serious Business forum, but it just feels weird to be arbitrarily restricted like this.

Well, it is unique, and does get you to take a break... And I do suppose it has drawn me back to the forum  :ok:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023 @46.57 »

wanted to look up in a thread here yesterday, but couldn't access it.
I would encourage everyone to use the print topic button to print out important threads for later review!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Rowan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Silly Miltank

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2023 @93.94 »

I would encourage everyone to use the print topic button to print out important threads for later review!

Also personally, I think it's a good reminder that we should be editing the wiki a bit more often. :ha:

Quote from: melooon
you: Hello fridge, I would like the milk please :cheesy:
fridge: Ooo u look so pretty, lemmy order more onions from Amazon
you: wait no! :drat:
fridge: i love you so much i ordered onions!

m1k3

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2024 @23.07 »

I'm also in the camp that really doesn't understand this from a philosophical standpoint. I totally understand giving the mods a break, in which case I would suggest making the forums read-only but accessible. There's valuable information and conversations here that doesn't necessarily need to be reproduced on the wiki or printed. The responsible thing to do would be to keep information freely available rather than introducing arbitrary barriers.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024 @36.79 »

The responsible thing to do would be to keep information freely available rather than introducing arbitrary barriers
I think it's a matter of what the goal of the forum is; if the goal was to provide information then I would definitely agree with you. However! Providing information has never been the goal of this forum (It wouldn't look the way it does it that was the case) - this forum is meant to be a fantasy forum or a forum that feels like what you might imagine a forum was like in a dream of the web being new and fresh. Dreams exist in the unknown and the unknown exists behind impassable barriers - without those barriers, the forum would be more functional, but it would lose its soul :notgood:

m1k3

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024 @45.90 »

While I understand and respect where you're coming from, I believe your forum has grown beyond your original vision. It's now a fairly large and vibrant community. It seems possible (to me) to keep the fantasy vibe (and soul) without restrictions. While this doesn't apply to me, what if some people rely on these forums to boost their mood and bring happiness to their lives? Everyone's circumstance is different and they may not have a pleasant experience away from this fantasy world you've built.

At the very least, don't you think it might be good to poll the community to see how they feel rather than imposing limitations based on your own personal beliefs? Don't get me wrong, I love what you've done with this place and it has fostered a lively and friendly community. But, I wonder if it's grown to a point where blocking access does more harm than good?

It would be interesting to see how everyone feels about that. Either way, thanks for all you've done and continue to do!  :cheesy:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024 @75.30 by m1k3 » Logged
m1k3

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024 @87.78 »

After some additional contemplation about my last response, I just want to make sure you know I'm only giving constructive feedback. I certainly don't claim to know what's best for anyone or even your own creation. Admittedly, I'm new here and just trying to offer another point of view.  :smile:

Ultimately, it's your site and I trust you'll continue to make it better for everyone.  :4u: 
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2024 @95.71 »

I'm only giving constructive feedback
Don't worry; I setup a poll for this discussion :4u: https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=2492

ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2024 @962.88 »

This time, it seemingly didn't work out! :3

data

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2024 @342.09 »

Man, waitin for monday to pass was a pain experience  :drat:

If you see me in a random post or a reply, i am a random, just............. nothing else...? | Random Song Selector
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (1)

Should the forum be closed on mondays?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 47
Views: 3722
Last post July 23, 2024 @725.75
by CableCat

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi