Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @200.54 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  HELP: Need people to test my site's performance

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HELP: Need people to test my site's performance  (Read 735 times)
pixelsafari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

remember when they called it machine learning?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: pixelsafari

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: May 27, 2023 @685.35 »

I have a graphics website, which means I upload an absurd amount (like, hundreds) of gifs to each page. They're all quite small, so performance is not usually an issue. However, lately my collection has grown pretty large and although my computer can handle it just fine, I'm concerned about how my website runs for other people. All I need is for you to go onto my site, look around, and let me know how fast the pages loaded and how laggy it is (plus your browser and how good your computer is). That's it! If you have any other opinions or advice please let me know though lmao. Thank you for your time :grin:

Website in question (flashing lights warning!)

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023 @720.27 »

For me, each page of your site fully loaded within 2 seconds on Firefox. For context, I am connected to a VPN, speedtest shows 38.34 Mbps download and 8.14 Mbps upload with that VPN and the internet I pay for (without VPN turned on) is 50 Mbps.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023 @729.24 »

using the links browser in graphical mode, your blinkies page took an average of 15 seconds to load in 3 attempts over a paid VPN connection, with the following network statistics sourced from speedtest.net:

Code
Ping to testing server: 66.978ms
Download speed: 41.85 Mbit/s
Upload speed: 15.39 Mbit/s

hope that helps! :)
Spots
Casual Poster

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023 @944.98 »

All of the pages loaded super fast for me. The general layout of the site loaded almost instantly and all of the images popped up in a matter of like 1-3 seconds. I'm using Firefox on a pretty basic non-gaming laptop.

deuil
Casual Poster

iMood: deuil

View Profile

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2023 @986.20 »

(your website is lovely, by the way, i love how its organized!) i have a 21 mbps download/ 24 mbps download speed, i'm on firefox on a non gaming laptop as well and your website loaded instantly for me. no lag at all, all the blinkies were... blinking!!!

Skykristal
Full Member ⚓︎

I may be dead but I am here

StatusCafe: skykristal
iMood: Skykristal

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023 @300.94 »

your site loads perfectly fine for me with the exception of the Favicons. Not only did it take a few seconds more to load but the page is very laggy, I can almost not scroll. But other than that no issues. I am using a none gameing, but pretty good powered laptop and vivaldi browser.

Read My Blog ⋆。°✩ Punch my OCs  ⋆。°✩ View my Gallery
qrunchy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: qrunchy

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2023 @749.36 »

I'm on a custom built gaming PC with sub par internet connection and it loaded very quickly for me! :)
Also WOW I love your site, it looks really nice and it's such a treasure trove! I'm having a lot of fun exploring it. Love graphics collecting sites, and yours is one of the best I've seen so far.
Gans

Scrap Vulture

View Profile

First 1000 Members!€100 IRC InvestmentJoined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2023 @865.36 »

Good performance of your website.

Even Netscape on really dated computers from 2000 load it fine. The sheer number of GIFs can be seen as the performance bottleneck. So the Favicons page takes quite some time, approx. 2 minutes, to have everything loaded, which has to be somewhat expected when using the old technology with the slow network. The animation itself is no problem at all for the browser. The lagging on scrolling is only slightly and far from annoying. Good job!
pixelsafari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

remember when they called it machine learning?

iMood: pixelsafari

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2023 @13.03 »

Thanks so much for all the replies!! I've gotten a lot of great feedback. I think I'll split my favicons page into 2, just to make sure it runs smoothly. Glad you guys like the site! :ozwomp:

dirtnap

View Profile

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023 @867.20 »

firefox extended support release, on a network that is usually a lot worse than this but currently maxing out at around ~450mbps down.

load times:

index: 4.31s

/dividers: 12.22s

/favicon: 23.36s

/favicon/2: 14.32s

/stamps: 17.83s

/blinkies: 11.86s

/buttons: 7.36s
i suspected this was so low because my browser aleady had some of these images cached from visits to others' sites, so i reloaded with cache disabled in 10.94s. given the size of your html and css i don't think my cache was doing that much work with the images themselves.

/text: 8.24s

/misc: 3.09s

i didn't experience any performance issues, but i let pages load fully before attempting to scroll. this is a from the fact that my internet is usually terrible.

i can come back when my network is up to its old tricks if you want to know what your site would be like for me under more normal circumstances, but i think it's fine.

if you want to be safe, i recommend aiming to keep each total page size (assuming no cached assets) below 5 megabytes

no js no shoes no problem
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 5445
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina
I am new to making sites and I want some tips to improve.

Started by Icey!Board ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 4
Views: 2024
Last post December 14, 2021 @853.48
by Icey!
New video project! Archive of 4659 Sites

Started by MelooonBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 2
Views: 1792
Last post January 26, 2022 @158.11
by cinni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi