Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @145.49 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 27/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  new here, I'm Soop! :)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: new here, I'm Soop! :)  (Read 661 times)
soop
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mmmm... soup

iMood: soop

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Soul SoupJoined 2023!
« on: May 31, 2023 @447.70 »

Hi everyone! I'm Soop, I'm 24, and very nostalgic about the old Internet. I made a Neocities initially a few years ago but honestly didn't fully grasp it... But I've been having a lot of fun sprucing up my new site and am really excited to get to chat with other people excited about the old Internet too :D

Some general info:
I use any pronouns
I'm an American Studies major + medievalist, and I deal a lot with representations of medieval history in the present
I really love film and music! I've been really into metal lately if anyone wants to chat about that p:
A lot of my old Internet nostalgia comes from Neopets, I really missed learning rudimentary coding on there when I was a kid!

Jari says: Check out Soop's Hermitage!
Scrib01
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Cutest Psychedelic Egg!

iMood: Scrib01
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Infinite Egg TortureJoined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2023 @452.09 »

Welcome to the club!  :ozwomp:

Interested to know what music you recommend! I always like listening to new artists. Got an extensive list on my site and profile here.
I had a look at your site and it was very nice! Its got quite a unique vibe compared to most I've seen! Thanks for adding your flavour of style to the community :D

"Still know nothin' 'bout me!"

soop
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mmmm... soup

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2023 @462.52 »

Nice to meet you!  :grin: I'm really happy you like my site! Editing it is a lot of fun for me, I still have a lot to learn

Hmmm, for music, it might help me to know a little more about what bands you already like? But my two most favorite metal bands are probably Wintersun and Children of Bodom, for new listeners of metal I think the vocals might be a bit rough/out of the ordinary, but I think otherwise, they're actually quite melodic and accessible!

Here's one of my favorite songs for reference:

soop
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mmmm... soup

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2023 @470.07 »

@Scrib01 oh, by the way, I actually just checked out your profile and see that you like Sabaton and Metallica, so that gives me a start! (Don't know why I didnt think to check earlier lol)

Sabaton is really classic, iconic power metal, so the bands I recommended I think are not too far off! I think they're classified as melodic black metal, so musically really quite powerful and melodic, but the vocals are definitely harsh/not clean. Personally, I really love the harsh shrieks of black metal and all its subtypes as it feels really... pure and emotional imo, as opposed to growls (death metal) or clean vocals which in both cases feels a little more polished to me.

Anyway, I hope you like it! :)

EtherealSerah
Casual Poster ⚓︎

She/Her

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023 @662.49 »

Hey, welcome to the board :) Love the signature!

Within the kinda Wintersun/Bodom sort of sphere I always loved Location:COLD by Catamenia. Similar kind of epic, atmospheric, BM/PM-tinged melodeath
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023 @664.07 by EtherealSerah » Logged

zj
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: zeejay
iMood: zeejay

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023 @844.64 »

Hey soop!! Love your site 0-0

Do you have a fave metal artist/band?  :eyes:

why dontcha have a peek at my site :eyes:
(23 years old)
this is Kurt ↓
gif of a ""tamaNOTchi". Click to feed!
click to feed him :3
soop
Casual Poster ⚓︎

mmmm... soup

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023 @167.85 »

@EtherealSerah oooo, i'm listening right now and i quite like it!! thanks so much for the suggestion :D

@zj thank you so much! my longstanding favorites are Children of Bodom and Wintersun, but i've been really into Summoning lately, which is the one prominently featured on my site  :smile: 
i really love your site too! actually inspected the code to figure out one truck with embedding a code for a button hahah, mine is always a WIP but i'm having a lot of fun with it :ha:

EtherealSerah
Casual Poster ⚓︎

She/Her

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023 @185.66 »

Oooh, Summoning are fantastic. Fun bit of trivia is that the cover art for Minas Morgul was also used for Roger Taylor's novel Call of the Sword and a French Amiga RPG called Ishar! I haven't read the novel, but Ishar is a pretty fun game.

Scrib01
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Cutest Psychedelic Egg!

iMood: Scrib01

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Infinite Egg TortureJoined 2023!
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023 @289.61 »

Anyway, I hope you like it! :)

I did indeed! Its got a kind of oomph that I was looking for!
If you have any more I'd be interested in anything! I have a love for music in general and I wanna expand what I have in my metal library. I'm gonna be checking out what Bodom and Wintersun have though!

If I can recommend something, if you haven't already, try out "Infest the Rats Nest" by King Gizzard. They do all kinds of music but that album was one of their best recently. Its mostly thrash metal but, I hope you like it/check it out!

"Still know nothin' 'bout me!"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2023 @28.02 »

Hi Soop welcome to the forum  :ozwomp:

Wow that's a great neocities name to get!! Also, I enjoy the wizard on your site, I'm glad to see more picmix's around!

Is medieval studies in America different to in Europe, because.. well the 1200s would have been VERY different! I think life in 1200s America was prob much more relaxed than it was here  :drat: Its really a shame the Romans went poof though; here's a random 4-hour documentary about art in the DARK AGES you might enjoy!!

Hope you like the forum!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
prwlnglthr
Casual Poster ⚓︎

**SPLAT**

iMood: ntprwlr

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2023 @215.37 »

hello soop!

poking my head in a bit comically late here, but I saw the fenriz profile picture and I felt compelled. not much into the second wave/"real" black metal, but hugely into first wave bathory-type metal personally so love to see another metalhead into some of the more extreme genres around!  :ozwomp: saw on your site that you were reading (have read?) lords of chaos recently; I've yet to read it but I know the responses to it have been mixed for a variety of reasons. any thoughts personally?

in terms of medievalist interests, do you have a particular focus in terms of regions? west europe?  :eyes:

☆✭~⋞《a temporary visitor, taking comfort from the flame...》ミ~*。✧.゚*・゚’゜.︵‿ ~~. .
avatar credit: @spookybri on twitter! // signature gfx credit: me!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi