Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @812.01 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 67/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  I'm Astra and I'm new here!! Hi!! :]

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: I'm Astra and I'm new here!! Hi!! :]  (Read 424 times)
astraeusbleeds
Casual Poster ⚓︎

outer wilds game of all time...

iMood: astraeusbleeds

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 01, 2023 @54.85 »

Hi!!! I'm Astraeus and I am a ftm filipino that is very new to neocities!! This is the first ever forum site I've ever interacted in. Usually when I use a forum it's to look through old replies for help with something LOL I don't really comment or anything. I was just a bit scared of online communities, but I'd like to try making friends more. check out my site yippee!! it took me a while to code  :loved: i plan to make many shrines too, my current hyperfixation is the RMS Titanic (and other cool ships!!) and Outer Wilds. It's very much a WIP and I'd love to continue working on it hehe. Those shrines r probably going to take a While to code but idm!! i like coding, scratches my brain.

"Is the hardest part of this tragedy not knowing who we may have lost? Or will the hardest part come later, when we learn?"
-- Outer Wilds, 2019
j
Full Member ⚓︎

bleh bleh *gargle gargle*

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023 @61.62 »

hi Astra - i'm jay!

i know /exactly/ how you feel when it comes to coding - it's a sort of melodic symphony of frustration, isn't it?
what do you like making? :D

omg, i /love/ the outer wilds! i'd love to play it sometime, when i get the chance - have you completed the game? i absolutely love the soundtrack; plus the amount of subtleties the devs added to a would-be sandbox is jaw-dropping when i consider the difficulty of some of the puzzles!

i hope you enjoy interacting with the forum - we dont bite!

i go by j, she/they :)
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023 @69.72 »

Welcome!!! Your website is like a Monster energy drink visualized and I love it!!! I haven't played outer wilds yet but I might because I just finished both portal games and I want a good puzzle game to enjoy  :ozwomp:

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

astraeusbleeds
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023 @82.30 »

hi Astra - i'm jay!

i know /exactly/ how you feel when it comes to coding - it's a sort of melodic symphony of frustration, isn't it?
what do you like making? :D

I started coding because of Toyhouse, I saw a FANTASTIC character code that inspired me a lot and it made me start coding!! Because of this I started liking to make codes for characters. I really want to get to making custom pages for my OCs, but I am busy with other stuff atm unfortunately!

omg, i /love/ the outer wilds! i'd love to play it sometime, when i get the chance - have you completed the game? i absolutely love the soundtrack; plus the amount of subtleties the devs added to a would-be sandbox is jaw-dropping when i consider the difficulty of some of the puzzles!

i hope you enjoy interacting with the forum - we dont bite!

I love the game so much, I finished it and the DLC back in 2021. The 4th anniversary for the base game was a couple of days ago actually! But were you spoiled before ever getting to it? It's a mystery puzzle adventure game and. you know how mystery/puzzle games have 0 replayability once you know the solutions lol. The gameplay when coming in with no knowledge whatsoever is AMAZING and the revelations that unravel the mystery and story of the game HITS HARD. But even then, the story is gorgeous. You could be spoiled from top to bottom yet I think you would still appreciate the story the game tells. Amazing game, it feels like I went through a real adventure.

and yeah! I'll try my best to be active in here :]

"Is the hardest part of this tragedy not knowing who we may have lost? Or will the hardest part come later, when we learn?"
-- Outer Wilds, 2019
astraeusbleeds
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023 @89.94 »

Welcome!!! Your website is like a Monster energy drink visualized and I love it!!! I haven't played outer wilds yet but I might because I just finished both portal games and I want a good puzzle game to enjoy  :ozwomp:

Haha, thanks! And yeah Outer Wilds is a pretty neat game and I consider it the best indie mystery game out there. Good luck and have fun if you ever get around to it. This reminds me that I gotta go finish Myst and Baba is You. I started playing Myst recently and ngl I am very confused hahaha, not sure what to do but I should look around the island more.

If you're into mystery games, I also recommend Return of the Obra Dinn! A cool story though solving some identities and fates are a bit hard. Same dev behind Papers Please.

-- Outer Wilds, 2019
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023 @93.01 »

Haha, thanks! And yeah Outer Wilds is a pretty neat game and I consider it the best indie mystery game out there. Good luck and have fun if you ever get around to it. This reminds me that I gotta go finish Myst and Baba is You. I started playing Myst recently and ngl I am very confused hahaha, not sure what to do but I should look around the island more.

If you're into mystery games, I also recommend Return of the Obra Dinn! A cool story though solving some identities and fates are a bit hard. Same dev behind Papers Please.

I did love papers please so I might give that a shot! I also gotta finish baba is you but I think myst is gonna be a while before i take a proper try at that xD

She/Her

astraeusbleeds
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023 @103.04 »

I did love papers please so I might give that a shot! I also gotta finish baba is you but I think myst is gonna be a while before i take a proper try at that xD

I'd like to clarify that it is different in gameplay and aesthetic, the game is about a ship in the 1800s that is found drifting with no one on board. Your job as an insurance investigator is to figure out who and what happened to every soul who was there. I assume it's inspired by the ship Mary Celeste, a real ship found sailing on her own in bad shape and no crew or passenger to be found. I've never played Papers Please (only watched playthroughs) but this game is more mystery oriented than that one. However I think both games are visually amazing.

-- Outer Wilds, 2019
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2023 @106.40 »

I'd like to clarify that it is different in gameplay and aesthetic, the game is about a ship in the 1800s that is found drifting with no one on board. Your job as an insurance investigator is to figure out who and what happened to every soul who was there. I assume it's inspired by the ship Mary Celeste, a real ship found sailing on her own in bad shape and no crew or passenger to be found. I've never played Papers Please (only watched playthroughs) but this game is more mystery oriented than that one. However I think both games are visually amazing.

I assumed as much but thank you for clarifying xD, I do love the idea of it and seeing some screen shots the game looks really interesting!!! I'll start downloading it tonight and try it tomorrow (slow internet is so fun :P)

She/Her

missmoss
Newbie ⚓︎

hewwo uwu

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2023 @113.14 »

hi astra, I'm moss!
I checked your site and idk what I expected but it wasn't THAT... so I immediately added your button to my own site, of course ;)
Coding really scratches the brain, yes! If you haven't seen them already, I'm the one who made Webgardens! Let me know if you make your own so I can add it to the main site :3 but yeah, welcome!

Maker of Webgardens, lover of chocolate
astraeusbleeds
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2023 @143.68 »

hi astra, I'm moss!
I checked your site and idk what I expected but it wasn't THAT... so I immediately added your button to my own site, of course ;)
Coding really scratches the brain, yes! If you haven't seen them already, I'm the one who made Webgardens! Let me know if you make your own so I can add it to the main site :3 but yeah, welcome!

Oh yeah! I was considering making one of those :], they look really cute!! Might make one in a few days hehe  :4u:

-- Outer Wilds, 2019
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Always My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2023 @38.03 »

Hi Astraeus (cool name!), welcome to the forum  :4u:

I was looking at your site a few days ago; I love the colours it's so bright!

Im VERY picky about games and normally I find them really dull; but Outer Wilds is one of the few games I found incredibly exciting and fun to play; it's just a perfect game.

I hope you have a really good first forum experience here!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi