Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @346.41 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ➶ ∙ Art Gallery
| | |-+  ⚽︎ ∙ Arcade
| | | |-+  The Vaults of Minos - 2D roguelite jump'n run

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Vaults of Minos - 2D roguelite jump'n run  (Read 636 times)
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 11, 2023 @572.34 »

Me and my friend and roommate spent around ~2years making a pulpy precision platformer roguelite.
The game is hard, got a fluent movement code, controller support, a vast abundance of features, eastereggs, secrets.

Proud to present: The Vaults of Minos!

The game is free/libre open source software and can be compiled from source for free; we usally to take some bucks for the compiled binary, but to keep things a bit more simple for you guys - you can just DL it here:
https://thunderperfectwitchcraft.itch.io/the-vaults-of-minos/download/uYJ8IC4kyj76TlYeNsGPXmLkcSdEhsYoCN09erEj

Tuned for your feedback! :)

Edit: Argh, just noticed that the gallery is also for games! Sorry guys, not the best way of entering your board - mind to move it there, mods?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023 @581.75 by ThunderPerfectWitchcraft » Logged

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023 @928.37 »

I gave this a quick go with my evening tea! The artwork is great and the intro pacing was super smooth.

The story seems to be that its WW2 and you are an Indiana Jones-type character stopping an evil professor working with the German army from reaching some sort of magical power hidden in Crete. Iv played some of the old point-and-click Indiana Jones pixel games and this seemed to fit into that mood well (though its also its own thing)

I have to admit that's about as far as I got - I wasn't able to get more than about 20 seconds into the game before I died - but to be clear I am FAMOUSLY terrible at platformers so this is more of me issue  :drat:

Iv got a Zipstick and an Atari-to-PC gamepad adapter somewhere, so this might be a game to try that with!

My top score is 15 c:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023 @964.80 »

Haha, thanks for moving the Thread, playing the game and the nice feedback!
It is indeed very inspired by Indiana Jones :).

Takes everybody some tries to come into it, the game is hard. My best score till now is something like 750, still struggling to break the 1000.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 14
Views: 5496
Last post April 28, 2024 @87.23
by Skykristal
MelonLand Vivaldi Theme ♡

Started by MelooonBoard ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects

Replies: 6
Views: 2034
Last post March 05, 2023 @376.64
by doubleincision
If you played RuneScape in 2001-2012, you might have lost media

Started by manpaintBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 887
Last post September 13, 2022 @594.55
by manpaint

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi