Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @377.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 32/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hello! room for one more?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hello! room for one more?  (Read 550 times)
glow

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 29, 2023 @264.33 »

hi, i'm glow! i found melonland while going through a nostalgic deep dive for oekaki boards online recently, and i managed to stumble my way into this really lovely looking place in the midst of it. the overall imagery and atmosphere that exudes from every lil facet here is so dream-like, that it really made me feel like i'd stepped into another world. so it's corners of the web like this that make posting online feel exciting again. :grin:

i'm in my 20s (she/they), and most of my hobbies revolve around art in one way or another. i adore film, cartoons, performance art, all kinds of music but esp. the experimental type, fashion, toy collecting, and games here and there. though most of my time is spent on creating things myself! from illustrations, to comics, and hopefully more animation soon! i don't have my own website up and running for that just yet though, but i'm planning on changing that in the future once i can make time for coding again. the few websites i've peaked at through here have already been more than enough inspiration for that, too.

all that said though, it's nice to be on the forum and i can't wait to meet more of you! :pc:

edit: not sure if the blink effect isn't allowed since it got taken out of my post? sorry if that's the case!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023 @959.77 by glow » Logged
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023 @827.47 »

Welcome!!! I can't help but agree with the dreamlike nature this place seems to have :D It reminds me of what the internet felt like as a kid!!! I hope to hear more about your interests, that's always how I end up learning about cool things

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

glow

View Profile

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2023 @958.92 »

Welcome!!! I can't help but agree with the dreamlike nature this place seems to have :D It reminds me of what the internet felt like as a kid!!! I hope to hear more about your interests, that's always how I end up learning about cool things

thank you + it's nice to meet you! i ended up posting in one of your music threads by happenstance as i was scrolling thru the boards, but you have nice taste. completely agree about this taking me back to the types of websites i lurked on as a kid too. i've been checking out more forums lately and it's been really bringing the best outta my time online n_n
SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2023 @960.20 »

thank you + it's nice to meet you! i ended up posting in one of your music threads by happenstance as i was scrolling thru the boards, but you have nice taste. completely agree about this taking me back to the types of websites i lurked on as a kid too. i've been checking out more forums lately and it's been really bringing the best outta my time online n_n

Thank you!!! I'm actually gonna give your recommendations from that thread a shot tonight while I'm coding!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023 @99.20 »

Hi glow, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Ooph I missed this post, apologies for the delay! Blink is definitely allowed, I didn't touch your post so I dunno why it vanished  :ohdear:

I'm glad you see the dream quality, that's very much intentional, in fact, it's the primary goal! That forgotten place that may or may not have existed can be real if we only believe it and make it! I hope you'll share some toy collections, what are your favourite toys to collect?

Enjoy the forum  :ha:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
glow

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2023 @816.55 »

Hi glow, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Ooph I missed this post, apologies for the delay! Blink is definitely allowed, I didn't touch your post so I dunno why it vanished 

I'm glad you see the dream quality, that's very much intentional, in fact, it's the primary goal! That forgotten place that may or may not have existed can be real if we only believe it and make it! I hope you'll share some toy collections, what are your favourite toys to collect?

Enjoy the forum  :ha:

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎
oh shoot and i almost forgot to reply too, so it's no worries! ty for the warm welcome and i really do love what you've done with the forums. it definitely feels like the type of place i only hoped i could've discovered and been a part of more when i was younger, and i'm happy to be here now!  :dive:
my favorite toys to collect are various assortments of clown dolls and figurines, but lately i've really taken a liking to sylvanian families (calico critters in the us) too
manrevisited
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Some Guy, TM

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023 @640.30 »

Ooo, hi glow! I'm very excited to see another ~clothes-lover~ around! I'd love to hear a quick rundown of your fav fasion inspirations. :) Is it a wearing-interest or more of a looking-interest, for you?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi