Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @163.68 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  Zine! Melon's Guide to Homepage Web Craft

« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Zine! Melon's Guide to Homepage Web Craft  (Read 2066 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« on: July 01, 2023 @726.17 »

Zine: Melon's Guide to Homepage Web Craft

After many weeks of work, my new zine is ready  :grin: I collected a mix of stories, thoughts, tips, resources and memories into a short introduction to web crafting that covers the very basics of HTML, CSS and getting started with homepages as a kind of memory dream craft!
I hope it will be an ideal first step into homepage making or a nice memento for people who already have a homepage!  :4u:

As with all my zines, its available in print edition only - there will never be a digital copy!
Each zine is hand made with 16 pages, and you can pick your choice of colour for the cover! You can also ask for zines to be signed with a note if you like!

Colours available: Yellow, Blue, Pink, Green, Red, Clear and no cover if you do not like plastic.

Zines cost: 8 euro each and global shipping is 2.50. You can also pay more if you like, zine sales go towards covering production costs and MelonLand costs!

You can order a zine on my ko-fi page here!  :happy:

I hope u enjoy the zine and stay tuned for future zines  :ha:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023 @996.63 by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2023 @729.14 »

OOOH this looks so cool!!! I definitely want to get a copy!!!

I'm going to be away from home through most of July, will I still be able to order it after that time period?

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2023 @731.31 »

will I still be able to order it after that time period?
Yep! These will be available for the foreseeable future :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2023 @731.79 »

Yep! These will be available for the foreseeable future :grin:

Thanks for the answer  :ozwomp:

Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2023 @742.50 »

Now my friends will have no choice but to create a site! :evil: I can't wait to put it on my zine shelf. <3

xx <3
Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023 @856.01 »

Oh hecc yes I love zines!! Is the first photo the red cover or the pink? I'm having a hard time choosing between those two aaaaaa!! :ozwomp: I'm absolutely going to purchase once I'm settled in to my newest job!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023 @866.02 »

Is the first photo the red cover or the pink?
This pictured one is the pink cover - it's not a super hot pink, more like a salmon pink. The red is a much more intense colour!

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2023 @682.40 »

A quick update! Firstly thank you to everyone who has bought a zine! (10 Zines have been sold!) - I will send an e-mail out later today!

Some general updates and info!
  • I'm still waiting on news about my stapler, if it's lost I think I can borrow one though so I still expect to ship zines on Monday!
  • Iv decided to add two extra surprise pages; everyone will be getting these!
  • One or two people were overcharged for shipping by a euro (Im still trying to figure out Ko-Fi - you will be getting a free mini zine)
  • I realised this would require some management, so I have been battling the stormy seas of spreadsheet software to organise supplies and orders - everything is very orderly now  :cheerR:
  • Extra Printer ink and paper has been ordered, so there will be no shortage :grin:

EDIT: the stapler has been found by the postal service; they are debating what import charges to charge for 1970s staplers from the uk!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023 @708.89 by Melooon » Logged

dozzleDsnozzler
Casual Poster

call me skeet!

View Profile

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023 @191.26 »

bitchin. :ha: i'll try and pick up a copy

there's some japanese dude rn working really hard on modeling a beautiful 4k Granin
Memory
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023 @524.61 »

bought one :unite:
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2023 @76.55 »

Zines shipped today! Ooph it turns out stamps are not really a thing anymore? EU zines have nice stamps, but non-eu ones will have ugly labels, and prob all will have ugly labels in the future because there were issues. Its a learning process!!  :grin:

(Basically apparently a magazine cant have a stamp because its not a postcard even though it goes in the same envelope a postcard goes in, but if customs check it they would bin it if they found it??) - So zines leaving the EU have to be shipped as an official export good - (I checked and most countries like the US or Canada wont charge tax for zines, but Id like to hear more about this when people get their zines!)

It turns out international trade is slightly complex, who would guessed :drat: But everyone will get a zine!  :ha:

Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2023 @347.04 »

Zines shipped today! Ooph it turns out stamps are not really a thing anymore? EU zines have nice stamps, but non-eu ones will have ugly labels, and prob all will have ugly labels in the future because there were issues. Its a learning process!!  :grin:

(Basically apparently a magazine cant have a stamp because its not a postcard even though it goes in the same envelope a postcard goes in, but if customs check it they would bin it if they found it??) - So zines leaving the EU have to be shipped as an official export good - (I checked and most countries like the US or Canada wont charge tax for zines, but Id like to hear more about this when people get their zines!)

It turns out international trade is slightly complex, who would guessed :drat: But everyone will get a zine!  :ha:

Hecc yes!! I am so excited!! :ozwomp: Hopefully customs will be kind to me and not hold onto it forever lol

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2023 @722.57 »

If you've recived your zine! Like @shevek Id love to hear any feedback; both about the zine itself and the process of getting one  :grin:
Was there anything particularly good, is there anything I should do differently in the future?

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2023 @726.30 »

I liked the personal little note with the handwritten name and all :) and the paper of the zine feels very high quality. The brown envelope is a nice touch, because the white mail envelopes we usually get is often just about advertisement, bills, and official things. The brown reminds me of the kinda mail I wanted to receive as a child.

The black and white is sometimes really hard to read, but on the other hand, at least that makes you put time and effort into reading it and exploring everything there is to see on every page. I also liked that you make the readers turn the zine around sometimes to better see and read stuff that's upside down :)

About the process: I've never used KoFi before, and ordering from there without an account can be kinda confusing not about the process itself, but the mails they keep sending you after. Some made it seem as if my order wasn't valid without an account or that I should log in/make an account to finish the process. I think their mails are intentionally confusing to get people to sign up. It tried to tell me I am missing out on specific content from you that probably doesn't even exist.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2023 @743.98 »

I've never used KoFi before, and ordering from there without an account can be kinda confusing not about the process itself, but the mails they keep sending you after. Some made it seem as if my order wasn't valid without an account or that I should log in/make an account to finish the process. I think their mails are intentionally confusing to get people to sign up. It tried to tell me I am missing out on specific content from you that probably doesn't even exist.
Iv sent this on to Ko-Fi along with a strongly worded request for them to stop this :ohdear: Depending on their response I might look into other options! Thats very uncool to do.

Otherwise that sounds good :grin: I was very picky about finding those envelopes! A few people have mentioned the turning the zine around thing; that seems super important as a tactile experience!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

GUIDE: Melon's Simple X3D World Tutorial

Started by MelooonBoard ♺ ∙ Web Crafting Materials

Replies: 5
Views: 4386
Last post February 17, 2022 @637.75
by demonologi
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 2
Views: 3751
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe
Website size

Started by RolyBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 59
Views: 8162
Last post March 30, 2024 @910.61
by Semper

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi