Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
July 27, 2024 - @163.24 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 28/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  hello friends, new fruit pal here!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: hello friends, new fruit pal here!  (Read 549 times)
strawberry
Newbie ⚓︎

❥ doin my best!

StatusCafe: strawberry

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 11, 2023 @999.41 »

hello everyone! my name is strawberry, and i am so so sooooo happy to be here! :blush: 

i am an early-twenties friend from canada, my pronouns are she/they, and i love typing in all lowercase hehe. i was raised by the wonders of forums my entire childhood, spending all of my waking hours as a very weird child on fan forums for Daft Punk (rip thedaftclub.com), Cillian Murphy, and Phantom of the Opera... yeah, kind of niche and random interests for an 8-10 year old, but surrounding myself with a community who cared about the same things that i did at the time was a very validating and formative experience.

while my interests have changed, the supportive community element of forums and the old web has been something i've been missing for a long while, and so i am so happy to return to it through this forum and by building my own website! i initially posted my whole-assed manifesto in this paragraph, but i'm gonna cut it and add it to another post so this intro isn't super long heh.

the creativity and passion that everyone seems to have here is so exciting and inspiring.  my website is very, very basic and new so far, but i've begun applying what i know. i'm normally a huge perfectionist, no doubt due to social media blehhh, and it has hindered me for so long in my creative endeavours, so taking this one step at a time and editing as i learn has been so satisfying and empowering for me! i actually have a few quotes from melon in my "learning html" file about enjoying the process and not worrying about making it perfect from the getgo, and it's been very inspiring and motivating :')

ANYWAY!!!!! i am getting self-conscious about the length of this intro post hehe, so here are a couple of things about me (also, it seems like my font and colour choice don't work with my list, can someone help me with that? formatting seems to be fine so idk what's happening ;-;):

• i absolutely love music in all of its forms! i am a folk musician for my career and i play guitar and piano, sing, and songwrite
  • my favourite colour is pastel pink and i love all things soft, squishy, and sweet
  • i think connecting with others on the things you care about is the BEST feeling that exists on planet earth!!
  • my latest creative adventures online have been posting "self insert" scenarios for people to daydream about (basically, i write cute story ideas for people who ship themselves with fictional characters, it's a very cute and fun hobby and fulfills my inner child hehe)
  • i also have a blog dedicated to writing ideas for "things to manifest" that you can either take seriously if you believe in reality shifting and manifestation, or just use as inspiration for your world-building ideas of what you could add to your fictional worlds and characters!
  • my current favourite-things-ever are learning code (!!! AAAAHHHHH such an overwhelming but exciting thing i never thought i'd do, i'm so excited!!), non-dualism and the law of assumption, lord of the rings (reading the silmarillion right now hoooowee) and playing stardew valley!
  • my old favourite-things-ever list that has existed since being a kiddo are sonic adventure 2 battle, yugioh, the half life and portal series, learning video game music on piano and guitar, cave story, and talking to nice strangers on the internet through forums heh

and that! is! it!

thank you so much for taking the time to read, it means a lot to me and i can't wait to get to know people here and to make new friends!  :loved:

edit: deleted a paragraph that made this too long  :eyes:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2023 @19.41 by strawberry » Logged

just happy to be here ♥˖⁺‧₊˚✦
BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2023 @2.22 »

Welcome to the forum!
It's always nice to see a fellow fan of pink! I hope you enjoy your time here (it's very different from social media but that's why it's good, I think)

Boots (it/he)

strawberry
Newbie ⚓︎

❥ doin my best!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023 @20.13 »

Welcome to the forum!
It's always nice to see a fellow fan of pink! I hope you enjoy your time here (it's very different from social media but that's why it's good, I think)

yessss, hello fellow pink fan! hehe thank you for the warm welcome! i agree, i think it'll be a really positive experience :')

Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023 @54.07 »

Hello and welcome to the forums!! Oh man, I love your site already, it is the start of something beautiful!!! :ozwomp:

I hope you continue to find the awesome camaraderie and love forums and the indie/creative web have to offer!
Also ooooo yes I love self ship fics too! Both reading and creating! I love fanfics and fanarts in general, big fandom person lol
I'm also a massive Sonic fan and always will be aaaaa and Adventure 2 is also my favorite!! (Shadow, my beloved)

I hope you have a great day! :4u:

Bede
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood boygirl!

StatusCafe: azure

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2023 @79.90 »

Same forum birthday!! I look so so forward to see what comes of your site, and welcome, also!!

CELEBRATE THE REJECTS, EVISCERATE THE PRESETS ⋆。˚

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2023 @44.62 »

Hi strawberry, welcome to the forum  :4u:

Ooph you have a super cute site so far, I look forward to seeing how to evolves!

There is no such thing as a post thats too long!  :ozwomp: I hope u enjoy ur time herwe!

☀︎☁︎☻→ You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack! ←☻✌︎☀︎

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
strawberry
Newbie ⚓︎

❥ doin my best!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023 @231.57 »

omg this made me soooo happy, thank you so much @Ninaiso  !! :blush: it is so exciting to meet another self-ship/fandom and sonic fan, bahhh! truly the ultimate combo! i'll definitely be shooting you a dm later to hear your sonic takes and chat about fandom things, if you're cool with that :') i just bought three shadow and chao keychains at an anime convention the other day and was like "i need more sonic adjacent friends" lol so reading this today really warmed my heart. thank you so much for the kind words too, it means so much to me!!

@Bede  ahhh thank you so much, i hope your forum adventures have been lovely so far! it's been so nice getting to chat with people who joined in on this cool site at the same time so we can see each others journeys :')

@Melooon thank you soooo much for your sweet words and encouragement, that means so much to me!! you're right, no such thing as a post too long if it's comin' from the heart! thanks for making a place that feel safe to ramble  :4u:

Ninaiso
Casual Poster

That "Fandom Freak"

StatusCafe: Ninaiso
iMood: Ninaiso

View Profile

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2023 @952.29 »

omg this made me soooo happy, thank you so much @Ninaiso  !! :blush: it is so exciting to meet another self-ship/fandom and sonic fan, bahhh! truly the ultimate combo! i'll definitely be shooting you a dm later to hear your sonic takes and chat about fandom things, if you're cool with that :') i just bought three shadow and chao keychains at an anime convention the other day and was like "i need more sonic adjacent friends" lol so reading this today really warmed my heart. thank you so much for the kind words too, it means so much to me!!

Hecc my last couple days were busy but yes absolutely yes! I'm always down for more Sonic friends and to talk sonic theories and takes! :ozwomp: I might actually pm you my discord and email since the forums close every Monday which is Sunday evening for me lol

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi