Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @774.44 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 73/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  HELP: I don't know how to save APNGs :(

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: HELP: I don't know how to save APNGs :(  (Read 316 times)
Yukari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

RISK IT for the BISCUIT

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 22, 2023 @70.61 »

Title! I'm exceedingly ignorant on how the APNG format works. When I right-click and save it just gives me a single frame.

I think it'd be easiest if I could convert them to GIFs, but I don't know where to begin with that. Google sends me in all sorts of directions. :drat:

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023 @140.32 »

Title! I'm exceedingly ignorant on how the APNG format works. When I right-click and save it just gives me a single frame.

I think it'd be easiest if I could convert them to GIFs, but I don't know where to begin with that. Google sends me in all sorts of directions. :drat:

What app are you using when you try to make animated PNGs? Or are you trying to obtain existing animated PNGs from a website?

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
GraphiteCore
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Sleepiest thing alive

iMood: GrahpiteCore

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2023 @164.77 »

Hi, I'm not sure if this Firefox addon will be helpful, but apparently it has a button to direct you to a site that converts these pictures to GIFs. From what I understand. Might be worth a try!

For starters you should have Firefox, I'm not sure if there's a chrome version, but you could look up something similar. Once you have a picture opened in another tab the options to save it to different file types should pop up.

You could also try the site it says it redirects you to, ezgif.com, but for convenience the addon should be perfect, faster.

:unite:

Pencil/Graph | they/them | ok with gendered words
shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2023 @212.22 »

Hi, I found that viewing apngs in the usual picture viewer of your OS of choice doesn't show their animation, only opening them in the browser does - so maybe they work, but you haven't tried it in browser yet? You can usually save them as normal, we just can't always see the animation.

Similarly, Photoshop and other software doesn't detect the animation; I think it is because they're just pngs, not a specific file type. Them saving as .png is normal, the ending .apng doesn't really exist to be downloaded or selected. All my apngs are just saved as .png as well.
I don't think it saves frames similar to gifs.  If I wanna edit the animation on an apng, I have to have the file I created the animation in (usually Aseprite); reimporting doesn't show the frames or animation.

Also, don't forget that GIFs have limited colors and quality. Convertig an APNG to GIF usually comes with uglier colors and quality loss.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2023 @214.07 by shevek » Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Yukari
Casual Poster ⚓︎

RISK IT for the BISCUIT

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2023 @243.04 »

Similarly, Photoshop and other software doesn't detect the animation; I think it is because they're just pngs, not a specific file type. Them saving as .png is normal, the ending .apng doesn't really exist to be downloaded or selected. All my apngs are just saved as .png as well.
I don't think it saves frames similar to gifs.  If I wanna edit the animation on an apng, I have to have the file I created the animation in (usually Aseprite); reimporting doesn't show the frames or animation.
ohhhh I see; I was conceptualizing it wrong. I use Libresprite but I get what you are saying.
I feel really silly for asking but now I am smarter than I was a few hours ago xD thank you all

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Memories and old save games

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 904
Last post February 24, 2022 @952.95
by Melooon
What helped you code html/css easy?

Started by LIABoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 17
Views: 1304
Last post October 11, 2023 @152.56
by lars
Getting more use out of "replaceables" - a knowledge hub

Started by shevekBoard ☺︎ ∙ General Interests

Replies: 10
Views: 701
Last post July 07, 2023 @945.38
by Corrupted Unicorn

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi