Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 28, 2024 - @221.19 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 66/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  Thoughts on Artistree?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thoughts on Artistree?  (Read 510 times)
TheNothingMonster
Full Member ⚓︎

Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?

StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 29, 2023 @709.97 »

I am unsure whether this is the right board for this topic. Let me know if I am wrong!

While doing research for art commissions, I stumbled across a service called Artistree which primary focuses on "fair" commission payments (artists keep 100% of payments - I know what you're thinking), but also supports a ton of other things commonly used in such commissions (request forms, dashboard, queues, communication, receipt logs, etc). Also, they claim that with every order, a tree is planted.

I have yet to hear anything negative about it and it looks pretty decent thus far. Nonetheless, it is still a new service, so there are a couple drawbacks when it comes to missing features and options. Fortunately, they make frequent updates to cover these holes up. For instance, last time I checked a while back they did not support the EUR format and now they do. :ha:

As I am planning to open art commissions sometime in the long run, I considered giving it a try just to see how things turn out. My only concern is how much I can technically trust it, because, then again, it is fairly new and I have only heard positive comments, which is not necessarily what I am looking for. Moreover, there is a not a vast variety of people analysing nor rating it in pure honesty, therefore it appears more shady per se. I reckoned discussing it here would enlighten me and others interested in some way!

> So, what do you guys think about it? Have you heard of it before or even used it by any chance? If so, would you recommend it? Or would you pose any warnings instead?

Note: I am aware that certain formats of commissions as such are not regarded as "professional", but let's just focus on this kind of format for this occasion. :ok:

Also, I suggest you skim through their website for further info. There is a lot to uncover! I prefer to avoid translating words falsely, so I am keeping this brief. :]

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023 @787.31 »

Huh ... Interesting! I am setting up my profile now to see how it all works out. I feel like artists are in a weird situation now that Twitter is a hellscape, and DeviantArt is being flooded with AI pictures. It's good to have a place that solely focusses on hosting people who want to solely be commissioned for art work. Ko-Fi has been kind of weird for this, I feel like, so I am definitely interested! Thanks for sharing!

xx <3
fatgrrlz
Jr. Member ⚓︎

She/They Girl-thing

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023 @725.42 »

... I feel like artists are in a weird situation now that Twitter is a hellscape, and DeviantArt is being flooded with AI pictures. It's good to have a place that solely focuses on hosting people who want to solely be commissioned for art work...

This, ohhhhh my god, this. I used to be an art freelancer years ago and it was bad enough trying to be an artist back in 2018, and I can't say I envy the situation my friends that still are working on commission today. While I am still wishing for a proper DeviantART-like platform that isn't obscenely hostile towards artists, I do think that this is a step in the right direction. The commission process can be confusing, both for artists and clients alike, and it's good that this website aims to clear that confusion.

While I have no intention of doing commissions in the future (I currently have a full time job and don't wanna math out the gauntlet that is taxes any more than I already do), definitely forwarding Artistree to my friends and seeing what they think.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Web design is fashion design ?? Your thoughts on self expression online?

Started by MelooonBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 11
Views: 2349
Last post August 31, 2023 @620.49
by technomage
Your thoughts on the forum categories?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 34
Views: 5447
Last post November 15, 2023 @892.60
by keybladekid6
Thoughts on credit

Started by KariusBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 3
Views: 1190
Last post May 15, 2022 @625.96
by Karius

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi